Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 07:15 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Wow, that's some luck! Did you forget to tell us about the lap dance you gave him perhaps...?
Naaa, since I am shaped more like a waif or pixie than an exotic dancer, I would be one poor lap dancer!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 07:28 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Naaa, since I am shaped more like a waif or pixie than an exotic dancer, I would be one poor lap dancer!!!
Eh, it's the effort that counts!

Old 11-23-2008, 07:30 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Eh, it's the effort that counts!
An 'A' for effort, eh??

Old 11-23-2008, 07:37 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babigyrl5 View Post
What was your most memorable NYE?
What are you doing this year?

My favorite NYE was 1999-2000, Grant Park in Chicago had a HUGE celebration for the new millineum- it was awesome! My friends and I rented an ENTIRE floor at the Hilton and my ex and I had the suite so we pre-gamed in our room but everyone had their doors open so we were everywhere and then we headed out to Grant Park to REALLY celebrate lol

This year Im going to Louisville to celebrate on 4th Street Live! It was awesome 2 years ago, you can walk around in the street with drinks in hand and all the clubs and bars had their doors open blasting live music
dh is a musician and we used to celebrate wherever he had a gig playing. Lately though, he has not been working NYE because of the insanity so we generally go to bed early. After all, it's going to happen whether we are awake or not. LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-23-2008, 09:06 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
Many years ago, we used to go to Ny for new years even in times square.

On time I was there with a bunch of buddies. We were in the crowd for a long time and started talking with the people around us. There was another group that was very friendly. They were aq lot older than us and had kids with them, but they were still fun. We ended up sharing champagne and snacks with them. Eventually I said "this is neat. I thought New Yorkers were all supposed to be rude, but you are terrific people."

They said that they were not from new York, they were from Michigan.

"Oh I am form Michigan too."

When they asked where, I told them it was a small town of 3500 people that they would not have heard of. They asked the name, and it turned out they were from the same small town. Then it turned out that they were good friends with my father. Strange coincidence to stand in a crowd of 1 million people and just happen to bump into someone from our small town of 3500 people that was about 800 miles away. (Not surprising that they were friends with my father. Pretty much everyone was friends with my father. It was surprising that I did nto know them. There were nto too many people that I did not know).

That whole trip was a blast. We had no money. Spent one night sleeping in grand Central station with the bums, slept one night in a car and another night at a condo that belonged to some people that we met. It is amazing how much fun you can have in New York City on less than $50 each for three days. (Of course that was a long time ago. Today you would need $300).

Otherwise, most New Years eve partys seem somehow disappointing. It is rarely the raucus good time that you see on TV. Just another party.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:53 AM

809 posts, read 2,884,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babigyrl5 View Post
What was your most memorable NYE?
What are you doing this year?

My favorite NYE was 1999-2000, Grant Park in Chicago had a HUGE celebration for the new millineum- it was awesome! My friends and I rented an ENTIRE floor at the Hilton and my ex and I had the suite so we pre-gamed in our room but everyone had their doors open so we were everywhere and then we headed out to Grant Park to REALLY celebrate lol

This year Im going to Louisville to celebrate on 4th Street Live! It was awesome 2 years ago, you can walk around in the street with drinks in hand and all the clubs and bars had their doors open blasting live music

I dont really have any SUPER memorable ones like that. I have one that I liked a lot because I got to spend it with a lot of people I liked. We were just at our friends house sipping sangrias she'd made and laughing at stupid stories. That's probably my favorite so far.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:50 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
I don't go out for New Years anymore....just too much of a zoo-scene. A nice night in...maybe a friends party or just family thing....all good.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:54 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,694,209 times
My most memorable new year's was spending it in Cairns, Australia with friends. we had a big Mongolian style BBQ at her house, had family over and it was so wonderful! We played games and I handed out party necklaces and hats!
This new years, I will be with a special someone in NYC!!!

Old 11-24-2008, 12:16 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,254,417 times
My most memorable was 2005. I wouldn't say it was the most fun though. Standing in the cold for 8 hours in New York City is pretty miserable actually ... but it was definitely memorable! I'll never do it again but I'll always remember that year!

Old 11-24-2008, 12:18 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
My favorite New Years Eve? My sister and her husband had fallen in with a group of really creepy friends. They were all professionals and lived in a nice neighborhood, but there was something about them you just couldn't put your finger on. Anyway, my wife and I were invited to share NYE with them at the country club.

So these people were just having a good time while we were bored out of our minds. When midnight hit, Mrs. CPG and I kissed, then this friend of my sister's came over to kiss my wife. My wife expected a peck, and instead had a tongue practically jammed down her throat. I turn around to see my very angry wife (A sight to behold) throwing dishes, a chair, and empty champagne bottles at the guy as he retreated across the parquet country club dance floor.

"Nice friends," I told my sister as we left. If I had encountered the guy as we were leaving, I would have cut off his balls with a spoon that was sharpened on the driveway outside. We weren't invited to the next party, and we couldn't have cared less.

I just don't care for NYE that much. It's a lot of hooey over getting a new calendar.

Last edited by cpg35223; 11-24-2008 at 12:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships