Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 12:19 AM

323 posts, read 788,457 times

Advertisements

I have several of my own speculations but I'm just curious as to what you guys think is going on here?

My boyfriend and I have been together for six months. The last four months have been long distance while he is living in LA to take care of some legal business lol (I live in Vegas). He is supposed to move back here when all is said and done. The long distance idea wasn't very attractive to me, but he really wanted to try it and said it would work if we both wanted it to. The first three months were great. His finances out there started becoming really bad and his cell phone got turned off.. this was our only method of communication. For the first two weeks, he would find a way to call me every couple of days and seemed sad that we weren't able to talk more. At the end of the second week, I was going out to LA for a work meeting (plus it was my birthday). He said that he wouldn't be able to see me while I was there because of work. I was disappointed and he didn't seem to really care. I wasn't okay with him being so careless about seeing me and planned on telling him but the jerk didn't even call me on my birthday! I was really sad and angry.. He called the day after my birthday but I wasn't able to answer. A few days later, when I was back in Vegas, I looked at his MySpace and he had taken me off his top friends and had taken the pictures of us together off. I messaged him asking him if I was going to get an explanation about this or was he just going to disappear. A few days later, he still hadn't checked my message and I was ready to move on, so I messaged him again telling him that I could put two and two together and not to worry about it. Then I receive a message from him telling me not to be crazy.. that his page had been hacked and for me to chill the hell out. I didn't respond. I don't believe him because what hacker would take off only MY pictures and take only ME off of his top friends.

To me, he is clearly over it and I consider myself single now. I know that men can be cowards about ending relationships, but why wouldn't he just use the long distance thing as a reason to end it? He likes to remain friends with his exes so why wouldn't he want to end it amicably? What do you guys think is going on on his end? Just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 12:25 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,903,517 times
The old hacker excuse hey chief?

Warning! Warning! Danger Will Robinson!!!

Doesn't really matter what's going on at his end of it does it tag?

He can either man up and give you a plausible explanation and you can wait for him to do so or cut your losses and get the hell away from him now. I don't think whatever he's up to, that he's handling the situation with you very well at all and that you most certainly deserve better. Based on that alone I say walk and don't look back.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:32 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,580 times
Don't waste time analyzing it, just let go and move on Sweetheart.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:33 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times
It sounds extremely fishy

Old 11-24-2008, 12:34 AM

3,871 posts, read 17,105,303 times
Oh this is an easy one: DROP THIS LOSER FAST!
The last thing you need is someone with money troubles.
The other last thing you need is someone who lies to you as easily as breathing and then blames you.
And the other last thing you need is someone who doesn't care about you.
Chalk it up as a fling, cherish yourself, say bye-bye to him, and get on with living a real life, and give your attention to someone who's worthy of you, and who will give his attention to you. I wish you joy!

Old 11-24-2008, 12:36 AM

323 posts, read 788,457 times
You're right! Basically, if down the road he tries to convince me that he really does care and tries to explain his actions, I shouldn't welcome him back with open arms.. I should send him packing, right?

He really isn't a great catch on paper with his legal problems and poor finances. The best thing about him was that he treated me well... He always wanted me around, wanted to start hobbies together, volunteered to do favors for me.. basically just very attentive. Take that away, and there's not much for me to miss

Old 11-24-2008, 12:37 AM

If his finances are poor now, just imagine how they'll be in a few years

Old 11-24-2008, 12:38 AM

3,871 posts, read 17,105,303 times
Right. Just text him: "It's been fun. Have a great life! I'm outta here." Don't wait for HIM to control your emotions and your timing. YOU control your life and your actions. Attagirl!!!

Old 11-24-2008, 12:44 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,580 times
You deserve better.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:46 AM

Yea, no one deserves to live like that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships