Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 06:40 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,037,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
***kidding***
<grabs a rolled up newspaper and gives Mr Cat a *thwack*>

Spare tire, too.

Tangent: x-fingers that I've never had a flat in the 8 years I've had the truck. I was told that when the spare was pulled from underneath the bed of the truck it almost fell apart from dry rot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 07:09 PM

52,309 posts, read 52,777,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
My husband had me all up in arms, and excited about my gift.
I told him what I really wanted.....what I really needed....
But > you open your gift and find a lap top computer!
How can anyone NOT be excited about getting that.
I was actually thinking more on the lines of sleepwear, and a house robe, or perfume. I didn`t act disappointed to him, but actually, I was! Is that a bad thing? I mean, we already have a computer, and I know he meant well..but why don`t some men stop to think, what did she say she wanted for Christmas, instead of buying something that you could live...without.
Hey, I'll make you a deal, hand over the laptop and I'll hook you up with all kinds of sleepwear and perfume.

knock-offs of course.

Old 12-06-2008, 08:09 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,686,154 times
You may have yourself a deal, if I can`t get someone to mail me my password. I hate to start all over with a new username and all, but without that, I can`t get it going.
Perfume is obsession.

Old 12-06-2008, 08:23 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,266,104 times
I had a GREAT platinum and diamond watch in the estate section of our jewelry store and my brother was with me so I made sure he told my husband EXACTLY what I wanted...

Well, I was having a gift engraved and I had to pick it up a few weeks after spotting the lovely watch and went into the same jewelry store to retrieve the item I had engraved. I gave the salesman my last name and he said "The only thing I see here is a purchase of a platinum and diamond watch"...

He was not supposed to tell me anything but he did by accident. My son was with me and I asked him not to ruin his dad's surprise by telling him I knew...

Christmas morning came and I was SOOOO excited to put on my new watch! Ooooooh, I could feel it on my wrist and I even wore something that would make the watch look sooo nice...

I got to my last gift and I opened it and it was a watch...a butt ugly watch I had never seen in my life!!! I almost cried! But I said thank you and tried to act like I was happy...

After about 30 minutes, my brother, husband and kids were laughing so hard...my husband found out the salesman had told me by accident and my husband went and bought me a really ugly watch to tease me with!!

The story ended well...I got my lovely watch and we got a good laugh about it!

Old 12-06-2008, 08:32 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,216,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I had a GREAT platinum and diamond watch in the estate section of our jewelry store and my brother was with me so I made sure he told my husband EXACTLY what I wanted...

Well, I was having a gift engraved and I had to pick it up a few weeks after spotting the lovely watch and went into the same jewelry store to retrieve the item I had engraved. I gave the salesman my last name and he said "The only thing I see here is a purchase of a platinum and diamond watch"...

He was not supposed to tell me anything but he did by accident. My son was with me and I asked him not to ruin his dad's surprise by telling him I knew...

Christmas morning came and I was SOOOO excited to put on my new watch! Ooooooh, I could feel it on my wrist and I even wore something that would make the watch look sooo nice...

I got to my last gift and I opened it and it was a watch...a butt ugly watch I had never seen in my life!!! I almost cried! But I said thank you and tried to act like I was happy...

After about 30 minutes, my brother, husband and kids were laughing so hard...my husband found out the salesman had told me by accident and my husband went and bought me a really ugly watch to tease me with!!

The story ended well...I got my lovely watch and we got a good laugh about it!
Ha-ha, you got lucky! In the movies these scenarios usually end up with the gift being bought for a mistress. Or perhaps hubby bought a 2nd one after he knew you found out... Poor Polly, here I'm pulling her tail again! Bad, bad, Sierra!

Old 12-06-2008, 08:34 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,686,154 times
LOL.... Funny.

Old 12-06-2008, 08:44 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,557,330 times
I was a teenager in the late 80s with a 1978 Camaro. For Christmas my mom took my car while I was sleeping so she could have a brand new stereo system installed. When she told me this I was excited until I saw the brand name for the stereo and speakers,...Sparkomatic! "Gee, thanks mom".

Old 12-06-2008, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Ha-ha, you got lucky! In the movies these scenarios usually end up with the gift being bought for a mistress. Or perhaps hubby bought a 2nd one after he knew you found out... Poor Polly, here I'm pulling her tail again! Bad, bad, Sierra!
Oh...I never thought about that!! Ya' think so???

Old 12-06-2008, 09:08 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,037,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Oh...I never thought about that!! Ya' think so???
You've never seen the movie "Love Actually"? [warning:heartbreaking scene]

YouTube - Both Sides Now - Love, Actually

The short shot at the beginning was Alan Rickman buying a very pretty gold necklace: heart shaped pendant with ruby - which wasn't for his wife. He went back later and bought it, leaving it in his coat pocket, where his wife found it. She thought it was for her, that's why she so enthusiastically grabbed for it from under the tree. Then she opened it.....

Old 12-06-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing View Post
You've never seen the movie "Love Actually"? [warning:heartbreaking scene]

YouTube - Both Sides Now - Love, Actually

The short shot at the beginning was Alan Rickman buying a very pretty gold necklace: heart shaped pendant with ruby - which wasn't for his wife. He went back later and bought it, leaving it in his coat pocket, where his wife found it. She thought it was for her, that's why she so enthusiastically grabbed for it from under the tree. Then she opened it.....
No, I've never seen it...maybe I don't want to!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships