Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 08:46 PM

485 posts, read 1,314,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Precisely. By the way, Nurse Ratchet is not pleased by his uncooperative attitude. Nobody else wants to watch the baseball game....

High Anxiety-how apropos!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 08:46 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrouchTigerHiddenDog View Post
Oh, wait a minute, I was wrong! So sorry, sir!

I get it, making fun of people without homes now? You are a saint!
Ummmmm....that was the correct spelling you illiterate doofus. Maybe you need me to prep you for the GED.

And I'm not making fun of people without homes. I'm only making fun of you. It's easier and, quite frankly, a much more deserving target.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:48 PM

Quote:
High Anxiety-how apropos!
Whoops. Nurse Ratched. But it's "One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest." So not only are you illiterate, but you're culturally illiterate, too.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:51 PM

485 posts, read 1,314,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Ummmmm....that was the correct spelling you illiterate doofus. Maybe you need me to prep you for the GED.

And I'm not making fun of people without homes. I'm only making fun of you. It's easier and, quite frankly, a much more deserving target.
I actually thought you meant cartoon for a graffiti artist. Now that was weird. It was the bridge comment I guess.

You know, you two are right. I am a big dummy! You all are such smart, kind, understanding people. I am so sorry judged you both so wrong. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Nurse Diesel-what a comedy of errors I am! You guys are right on on some stuff! I am pooped and ready for bed. Obviously sleep deprived-lol.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
I actually thought you meant cartoon for a graffiti artist. Now that was weird. It was the bridge comment I guess.

You know, you two are right. I am a big dummy! You all are such smart, kind, understanding people. I am so sorry judged you both so wrong. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Thank you. Now go away before we flog you further with our post-graduate degrees.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:58 PM

350 posts, read 4,159,079 times
I have mixed feelings about the holidays. I love all the holiday lights and the festive activities to do, but the social aspect of the holidays leaves me feeling lonely. While it seems that a lot of people have so many holiday parties, etc. to go to, and receive lots of holiday invitations, hubby and I just have our respective workplace functions (one party each) and that's it. Our calendars certainly aren't full of holiday cocktail receptions or festive gatherings at friends' houses.

Both my hubby's and my families are far away, so we usually spend the whole holiday season just by ourselves. Plus, we're in a new city so we don't know many people yet. So the lack of the social element for us during the holidays makes me feel pretty lonely. At the same time, though, we don't have all that stress that many people have during the holidays because of stressful family get-togethers.

Also, while we send out holiday cards to friends and family, we rarely receive any in return, so that always makes me feel kind of bummed. I'm not sure why I still bother doing this; I guess I think it's a nice and thoughtful thing to do, but the sentiment is rarely returned.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:00 PM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
I do sort of dread the holidays now, because I know they will fall short of the way they used to be.

We had a lot of family around for holidays when I was young..aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents. I moved away, but quickly had a family of my own and the bustling holidays continued. At first we hauled presents and kids across the miles to keep everyone together, but then it became just too much.

Now, instead of going to grandma's house...I AM Grandma. Now the kids and grandkids are very spread out across the country and involved in their own busy lives.

We will see half of the kids and half of the grandkids, spread over the week between Christmas and New Years, but I miss the times when all the grands wore matching pajamas on Christmas Eve, and the house was bulging with too many people and too many toys, and mountains of food, and everyone wanted to be here with us at Christmas.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:37 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
HOHOHO........................Merry Christmas Sisters & Brothers................................

Old 12-09-2008, 09:38 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
HOHOHO........................Merry Christmas Sisters & Brothers................................
Who are you callin' a "ho"???

Old 12-09-2008, 09:48 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
don't be grinchy...................................... ................................HOHOHO....
...............................................: D...............................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships