Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2008, 08:06 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Y'all have to understand that for some, it is a chore, because they don't enjoy it. I wish Lulu would respond, because it really makes me think she could be asexual, which, unfortunately, has implications for the relationship. IMO, if you're an asexual person in a relationship with a sexual person, you'll have to compromise to keep it going, because you can't expect the other person to settle for not having any sex. Uncertainty about how all that works out is a big part of what has kept me from pursuing those types of relationships, honestly.

Well yeah!

I sure hope she comes to realize that sex is a multi-billion dollar industry!! If sex were not so important to normal people the world would have less people and there wouldn't be so much talk about sex on t.v. and the internet. It sells!!

I sure hope she gets checked out before her SO loses his mind from the lack of sex.

Why do you suppose alot of priests have done some crazy sexual acts? They try to obstain from something that is natural like have sexual relations and they go crazy!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 08:27 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I sure hope she comes to realize that sex is a multi-billion dollar industry!!
I think that is shameful. That is no reason to have sex. Have sex because you want to, not because the media is encouraging you to do it.

Quote:
I sure hope she gets checked out before her SO loses his mind from the lack of sex.
And I find that extremely offensive. Just because someone's different from you, they must be ill, huh?

Quote:
Why do you suppose alot of priests have done some crazy sexual acts? They try to obstain from something that is natural like have sexual relations and they go crazy!!!
They didn't have to choose to be priests if they couldn't abstain. I don't really agree with that particular rule, but even so, they didn't have to become priests. And it's also quite possible that some are asexual, so it was no problem for them to remain celibate.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:30 AM

Quote:
You tell me...

What makes your marriage stand out from your friend you work with? Lets say a guy you have fun with, laugh with, have lunch with. You guys hit it off great!!! Yet, you have a spouse. What is the difference in this relationship and your relationship with your spouse??????
I'm not married, but let's be hypothetical. You take care of each other. You spend a hell of a lot more time together than you do with anyone else. You see each other naked. You probably sleep in the same bed together. You kiss each other on the lips. You live together (that seems like a big one!)

Some of those don't appeal to me at all, but I think they're all characteristics of a serious romantic relationship and none of them are sex.

I'll tell you about AVEN, too, since it seems that you think this is all so crazy. There are couples posting on the forum there too.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:32 AM

Quote:
On the contrary.

Many married and single ladies cuddle while watching a movie together.

Are they having sex???? NO. They are married. See. They wouldn't be married for long if they were having sex together. You getting this???
Seriously? I don't think it would fly if I were married and my husband or wife caught me cuddling on our bed with someone else. Lying down together with our arms around each other. I think the spouse would take that the wrong way. I think I would find it odd if the situation was reversed.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
I think that is shameful. That is no reason to have sex. Have sex because you want to, not because the media is encouraging you to do it.

And I find that extremely offensive. Just because someone's different from you, they must be ill, huh?

They didn't have to choose to be priests if they couldn't abstain. I don't really agree with that particular rule, but even so, they didn't have to become priests. And it's also quite possible that some are asexual, so it was no problem for them to remain celibate.
If you are married and you are not having sex? Yes, there is a problem. Unless you are 80 years old or morbidly obese where you can have sex because of some weight or health issues...yes. Intimacy was never mentioned by her either. So she wasn't saying being naked, kissing or anything of the sort.

Honestly she should have stayed single.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:02 AM

Quote:
If you are married and you are not having sex? Yes, there is a problem. Unless you are 80 years old or morbidly obese where you can have sex because of some weight or health issues...yes. Intimacy was never mentioned by her either. So she wasn't saying being naked, kissing or anything of the sort.
I don't doubt there are some happily married couples out there who aren't having sex. I personally find it tiring having to defend asexuality to people, but I guess that'll continue to be a necessity. That, or just refusing to talk about it.

As for the intimacy thing, I guess I just assume that when people talk about intimacy, they mean sex. I don't, but I usually think that's what others mean.

Quote:
Honestly she should have stayed single.
If she wanted to, yeah, but if she wanted someone else but wasn't willing to ever have sex, I think she should've found another asexual person. Again, AVEN comes in there, because some people meet significant others via that site.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:32 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
Oh Please. I would think that someone named "Mathguy" would understand the usefulness of sublimating your urges in order to achieve higher productivity. I assumed wrong.
Sublimating your urges to achieve higher productivity?

We just have different things we place value on in our lives.

Go live yours...apparently you have enough free-time to lecture people on internet forums. Strikes me that you might not be honest with yourself and are using "productivity" as some sort of crutch for an issue?

Old 12-15-2008, 10:01 AM

727 posts, read 1,891,564 times
eeeeewww-K

Its been three years for me! NOT BECAUSE I CAN'T.....Its because I decided that I want to give my love fully to the woman I end up marrying!! The weird thing about this society is everything is about sex. This society has a warped mindset when it comes to sex. I'm more free with my thoughts and about sex. Since I can't "revirginize" myself,I can be celibate!! And Trust I have had offers from beautiful women and I do have urges but I'm fighting em. My motto is: You have to get to know yourself before you get to know someone else!! *wink* *wink*

Old 12-15-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Sublimating your urges to achieve higher productivity?

We just have different things we place value on in our lives.

Go live yours...apparently you have enough free-time to lecture people on internet forums. Strikes me that you might not be honest with yourself and are using "productivity" as some sort of crutch for an issue?

Well said.

You did your math...

Old 12-15-2008, 11:37 AM

1,509 posts, read 3,084,255 times
Your right hand will serve just as well for that, and be done in 5 minutes.

Quote:
It would be.

Why? Cause men get build up. Yes, they will over time get an extra amount of the love stuff and the will need a release.

Men start to get the urge cause they need a release. If nothing happens for a time it will come out somehow. Women need to take note of this and get a clue that men are different than women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships