Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 11:51 AM

16 posts, read 90,697 times

Advertisements

so i went to the company christmas party with the guy i've been hanging out with. i was disappointed, he didn't even hold my hands the whole time, which makes me feel so being left alone since i dont know any of those people. i think he invited me only because he needs a partner to make him not looking wierd as everybody else has a partner.

we've been hanging out since july( on and off, usually it's him to initiate the date ), and yes we've been intimate.

is holding hands a big deal to you guys? will you hold your date's hand in a party?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 12:02 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,692,848 times
I like to hold hands at times while walking down the street, but I don't need to at a party. If you're together and mingling with other guests, I don't think you'd need to hold hands.
but if he abandonded you there, then that's bad. (I wonder what he told his co-workers when they asked who you were? or do they already know you?)
Guys just normally aren't touchy-feely. they assume that if you are at a place together, then you don't need to do alot of touching while you're there, plus I think PDA embarrases them somewhat. I wouldn't approach it this time if I were you, just let it go until the next encounter. If you guys are just casual, then why does it matter if he holds your hand? I would also STOP being intimate. here's where it gets interesting! if he really likes you as a person and not a booty call, then he won't mind, and STILL take you out and do things, if he only wanted sex, and only wanted a physical date for the party (or future parties), then he'll probably make excuses as to suddenly not be able to go out anymore! or maybe he'll say let's just be FRIENDS!!! oh, this is classic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whateverdontcare View Post
so i went to the company christmas party with the guy i've been hanging out with. i was disappointed, he didn't even hold my hands the whole time, which makes me feel so being left alone since i dont know any of those people. i think he invited me only because he needs a partner to make him not looking wierd as everybody else has a partner.

we've been hanging out since july( on and off, usually it's him to initiate the date ), and yes we've been intimate.

is holding hands a big deal to you guys? will you hold your date's hand in a party?

Old 12-15-2008, 12:11 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whateverdontcare View Post
So now we have "hanging out" (involving holding of hands, initiating "dates," and being intimate...) in addition to "hooking up." It's getting better and better!

Quote:
As much as I like it, I don't think a company party is a place to be holding hands.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:19 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
So now we have "hanging out" (involving holding of hands, initiating "dates," and being intimate...) in addition to "hooking up." It's getting better and better!

As much as I like it, I don't think a company party is a place to be holding hands.
I agree, definitely a company party is a time to stay professional and business-like. It's not the time to act like teenage love-birds.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:19 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,766,608 times
I wouldnt take it personal that he didnt hold your hand.
I wouldnt worry about it much unless he was acting different at the party
Or wasnt paying much attention to you.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:27 PM

2,449 posts, read 5,949,709 times
That's weird. My wife says her ex-husband never held her hand either. I hold her hand all the time... whether we're driving somewhere, in a store, etc. I even reach for her when we're on different couches in the living room. It just seems natural to reach out for someone when you care for them. You don't have to attach yourself to them like it's a life support system, but just enough to let them know you care and are thinking about them.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:30 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,692,848 times
that's sweet. my bf liked to put his hand on my leg when we were driving or at the movies. It was nice, and I always liked to kiss his arm or something while were standing next to each other in a line or something.
not a grotesque display of PDA, but a tender little peck.
I miss that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
That's weird. My wife says her ex-husband never held her hand either. I hold her hand all the time... whether we're driving somewhere, in a store, etc. I even reach for her when we're on different couches in the living room. It just seems natural to reach out for someone when you care for them. You don't have to attach yourself to them like it's a life support system, but just enough to let them know you care and are thinking about them.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:57 PM

2,449 posts, read 5,949,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
It was nice, and I always liked to kiss his arm or something while were standing next to each other in a line or something.not a grotesque display of PDA, but a tender little peck.
I'll do that once in a while, also. I don't care where we are (within reason, of course). I'll give her a little peck and say "I'm just a dog marking my territory" which is my way of telling her how sometimes we guys can be immature. If I see I guy checking her out, I'll go kiss her just to say "there... she's mine!!!" lol She get's a chuckle out of that. Don't get me wrong, I'll kiss her just to let her know I still love her, but it's nice to bring out the neaderthal once in a while.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:03 PM

16 posts, read 90,697 times
he just simply introduced me as' this is xx' to his freinds. no one asked further question. all of his coworkers brought gfs or wivies and those couples act very affectionate while me and him seem to be so distance. he didn't abandon me tho, we were together the whole time.. .but just felt uncomfortable since im very shy and don't know anyone there.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:13 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,377 times
I think it is inappropriate to be affectionate like that at a company function. It seems insecure to me.

If he didn't introduce you as his GF or partner, I would say he probably doesn't view you as such and why would he make a point to hold your hand??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships