Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 10:17 AM

272 posts, read 621,220 times

Advertisements

I am an opportunistic kind of guy. Today, the following words came to me and I posted them on my blog and a few other places. It was my way of getting off my chest the truth and my desires as an imperfect human being. Perhaps this will spark a conversation which might challenge men and women alike to think long and hard about what they truly desire in life with another human being.

A few months ago, I arrived at a new juncture in my life after a few years of literally hating women for the following reasons:

1. Selfish, hollow and princess-like attitudes

2. "Traditional ideals" which many didn't deserve to embrace

3. Dozens of flaky women who lacked the maturity to communicate effectively (many found it easy to disappear instead of being an adult and showing they had manners and consideration for others)

4. Women whose laundry lists were so extensive, the Earth could be wrapped three times with them (and they rarely brought anything of value to the table)

5. Subpar looking women who believed they were the greatest thing alive

6. Women with extreme and unrealistic expectations (you know the type, "I'm 5'2 and baby, you better be 6'1")

7. Women who expected the world of men and had very little to offer in return

The list could go on and on. Somewhere in the world, there's a woman who's humble, selfless, mature, attractive, intelligent, childless, bold, independent, loving, classy, confident, self-loving, well-respected, wise, decisive, open-minded, worldly, loved, spontaneous, funny, imperfect, driven, adventurous, caring, etc.

For too long, I allowed women who have bad relationships with their fathers, a lack of integrity and personal accountability, ****ty personalities, etc. to define ME as an individual and human being. I now understand that not all women are evil, bitchy, heartless, selfish, prejudice, demented, psychotic, demanding, "traditional" and self-centered.

I am a very accomplished individual in life. I have done many things that people haven't done in their lifetimes. I have surrounded myself with older people (99% of my friends are 40s-60s) most of my life to extract great wisdom, knowledge and guidance from their life experiences. I am a 'relationship builder' at heart and enjoy reaching out to people for friendship, new opportunities and having an impact on someone's life. My wealth is in knowledge, intelligence, experience and people. By nature, I am designed to care about others and to seek ways to change the world. This is who I am and I'm not changing my values, integrity or morals for anyone. I know who I am, what I am and where I'm going. I am a well-respected individual who's loved by many people.

I would enjoy the opportunity to connect with a woman who's interested in exploring new possibilities in life. I would prefer that we 'roll with the punches' rather than attempting to figure everything out. Let's enjoy learning about each other, doing fun things, having great conversations, learning from each other, trying new things, expanding our horizons, helping others and more. No one can predict the future, but as I've proven to myself many, many times in life, we can surely command the outcome of our desires:

I am commanding throughout the universe an introduction to an extremely bright and wonderful woman who goes against everything we know or assume about women today. I am commanding into my life a woman who seeks to make a difference in the world with her dedication, determination, big heart and acts of kindness. I am commanding into my life a strong woman who isn't afraid of a challenge and obstacle. I am commanding into my life a woman who's socially aware and literally obsessed with improving the quality of life for all to benefit from. I am commanding into my life a woman who believes in partnership, shared sacrifice and genuine love.

(Here's the picture I included on another site)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 10:27 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,188,100 times
Let me see if I understand. Your relationship problems are always the woman's fault, right? And the only fault that you might have incurred is the fact that you let them get away with their intrinsically rude and self-centered behavior. And, now, in a fit of sweeping generosity, you're "commanding" a woman to come forth who is willing to rise above her own slatternly nature.

Riiiiiiiiigggggght. Let us know when you find somebody.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:31 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,274,092 times
oooh hooohoo...

Don't take this the wrong way..But I can tell by the look on your face that you have been picking based on looks before spending time getting to know them. I think strong personalities like yourself needs a relationship that starts as a friendship. I have a feeling you already know her..But maybe havnt given her that though because you havent gotten to know her...

Know anyone like that in you life that looks less than perfect?

Old 12-20-2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Let me see if I understand. Your relationship problems are always the woman's fault, right? And the only fault that you might have incurred is the fact that you let them get away with their intrinsically rude and self-centered behavior. And, now, in a fit of sweeping generosity, you're "commanding" a woman to come forth who is willing to rise above her own slatternly nature.

Oh like you are one to talk!

Old 12-20-2008, 10:37 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,188,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Oh like you are one to talk!
What? What? I'm a happily married guy. And I couldn't command her if I tried. On that note, could I help that I was a paragon of human excellence when I dated? The weeping, the gnashing of teeth, the rending of garments and other moans of despair among America's single women when my engagement was announced was terrible to behold.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:42 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,230,785 times
And?

Old 12-20-2008, 10:47 AM

Nope, you're way off.

I am not 'blaming' women for my experiences -- I'm merely pointing them out and how they made me feel. 'Commanding your desired outcome' is a matter of projecting positive energy that will attract the things we desire (which is something I've experienced numerous times).

I am taking the higher road to meet the ideal woman of my future. I am not saying that she should come forth, but that through commanding the outcome, we'll meet each other when the time is right. I've practiced this level of thinking for years and it has worked very well for friendships, business, success, etc.

Quote:

Old 12-20-2008, 10:48 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,611,923 times
Too much for me to read right now Ron, but hey, nice photo!

Old 12-20-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
What? What? I'm a happily married guy. And I couldn't command her if I tried. On that note, could I help that I was a paragon of human excellence when I dated? The weeping, the gnashing of teeth, the rending of garments and other moans of despair among America's single women when my engagement was announced was terrible to behold.
PFTttttttttttt

coffee spill in laughter......\_/___________ ...

I'm talking about standards and judgments of others..

Old 12-20-2008, 10:52 AM

Nope, this isn't me at all. :-)

I've always met women as friends. My logic is that a healthy friendship can evolve to a healthy relationship. Of course, some argue that this approach is wrong, because one will remain in a woman's 'friendzone' forever. Well, I disagree, because I genuinely care about developing friendships with great women.

While I do want to have some attraction physically to a woman, I am more interested in who she is as an individual, which is why I always try to meet women as friends, because I am genuinely interested in learning about her.

For example, I met a woman about a month ago, and told her that we'd start as friends and if something developed later, that's fine, too. We've met on a few occasions for several hours and I've enjoyed intimately learning about her. I enjoy learning about people. That's who I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
oooh hooohoo...

Don't take this the wrong way..But I can tell by the look on your face that you have been picking based on looks before spending time getting to know them. I think strong personalities like yourself needs a relationship that starts as a friendship. I have a feeling you already know her..But maybe havnt given her that though because you havent gotten to know her...

Know anyone like that in you life that looks less than perfect?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships