Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 10:01 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,653,867 times

Advertisements

I have long hair. I wash it daily so it stays smooth and silky and I add liquid silk into it.

Sometimes, I straighten it.

Sometimes, I make it wavy or curly.

Sometimes, when I go out, I tousle it up a bit to give me that "just rolled out of bed look."

Sometimes, I throw it up into a clip, put in pony tails or a single pony tail. Sometimes I put a clip in and just keep it all up out of the way - like a granny.

What do men find the most attractive for women with long hair?

Up, down, pony tails? And why? What gets your engine revved?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 10:08 AM

2,412 posts, read 7,179,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
What do men find the most attractive for women with long hair? Up, down, pony tails? And why? What gets your engine revved?
I'm rather agnostic on this one. I could find any of the options you lay out attractive. It would depend on the context, too. Long, flowing hair with a formal evening gown could be stunning; OTOH, a pony tail with jeans seems like it could be quite nice, too. As long as the hair is clean and well kept, I think I could find any of your options attractive.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:09 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,951,765 times
As 'cliche' as it sounds, I think a woman is sexiest when she's comfortable. So, that's going to depend on the individual woman.

But, it also depends on the situation how I like a woman's hair. I do NOT like a woman with really close-cropped or really short hair. Also, what I can't stand is pony tails. That's just creepy, and for a guy who wants the woman to be his "school girl." I'm also not one for those fancy things women do when they make their hair all fancy for that "special night out" or for a wedding.

If a woman has long hair, and we're talking about just hanging out or going out casually, I think there's something really sexy about a woman who wears a pony tail. She can even pull the pony tail out the back of a baseball cap. But a close second is when some of the bangs and some hair on the side is pulled back and clipped in back.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
I'm rather agnostic on this one. I could find any of the options you lay out attractive. It would depend on the context, too. Long, flowing hair with a formal evening gown could be stunning; OTOH, a pony tail with jeans seems like it could be quite nice, too. As long as the hair is clean and well kept, I think I could find any of your options attractive.
You can set your own options. Just want to know what each man prefers.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:14 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,967,745 times
Quote:

Pretty much any of the ways you described I find attractive. I do however really like the look when a woman wears a cap with the ponytail sticking out and is bouncing and flopping around while she's running or playing tennis. I really find that attractive.

I also like the long curly look like Katharine McPhee when she was on American Idol. I do however, prefer that the hair be HER hair and not extensions.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:15 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,490,798 times
Quote:
You can set your own options. Just want to know what each man prefers.
Jeep---Your profile pics--top row middle pic. Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-29-2008, 10:16 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
I have long hair. I wash it daily so it stays smooth and silky and I add liquid silk into it.

Sometimes, I straighten it.

Sometimes, I make it wavy or curly.

Sometimes, when I go out, I tousle it up a bit to give me that "just rolled out of bed look."

Sometimes, I throw it up into a clip, put in pony tails or a single pony tail. Sometimes I put a clip in and just keep it all up out of the way - like a granny.

Hmmm...ok Jeep, I will keep my response SPECIFIC to your looks...different women it works differently for. These are all written by my POV.

1) Tousled, just out of be look is very sexy, especially if it contrasts with your outfit. Meaning the tousled look while otherwise dressed up is going to start me thinking the girl has a bit of a wild streak or that there is a little fun behind the polished loook.

2) Double Pony tail can be knockout great if worn with a fun\flirty casual outfit like jeans and a sweatshirt etc. gives you the whole collegiate look. Doesn't work with a dressy outfit and with trashier outfit I'd be worried about attracting the pedophile type.

3) Single pony tail can work with anything since you have the neck and features for it.

4) Hair up, very classy and also can be quite sexy. Again, you have the neck for it...wear a choker with that and you would have a great 1-2 combo.

Me personally, I like shorter hair but mainly it only works for cute gals with slender-ish features.

Best of luck! You starting to think about man-hunting more seriously Jeep? lol...I'm glad I'm not shopping anymore, it's an odd scene around our age. (I still call BS that you are actually dating guys 20 years older than you.)

Old 12-29-2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
As 'cliche' as it sounds, I think a woman is sexiest when she's comfortable. So, that's going to depend on the individual woman.

But, it also depends on the situation how I like a woman's hair. I do NOT like a woman with really close-cropped or really short hair. Also, what I can't stand is pony tails. That's just creepy, and for a guy who wants the woman to be his "school girl." I'm also not one for those fancy things women do when they make their hair all fancy for that "special night out" or for a wedding.

If a woman has long hair, and we're talking about just hanging out or going out casually, I think there's something really sexy about a woman who wears a pony tail. But a close second is when some of the bangs and some hair on the side is pulled back and clipped in back.
You mean where its still down in the back?

I don't see that on women too much anymore like it was seen in the 80-90's. Is that hairstyle still in? I like it like that and when moseying around the house sometimes I will do that to get it from falling in my face. . . but is it outdated in public?

Old 12-29-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I also like the long curly look like Katharine McPhee when she was on American Idol. I do however, prefer that the hair be HER hair and not extensions.
Agree very much on this one. Where it starts off straight from the top and starts to curl from about her ears down. The curls can't be too stiff, though. Both Katherine McPhee and even Kate Beckinsale pull that look off very successfully.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
You mean where its still down in the back?

I don't see that on women too much anymore like it was seen in the 80-90's. Is that hairstyle still in? I like it like that and when moseying around the house sometimes I will do that to get it from falling in my face. . . but is it outdated in public?
Kinda like this.... is this old fashioned? I guess I'm just trying to say I prefer casual over fancy.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships