Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 11:15 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times

Advertisements

Yep, that's my theory...I watch so many people running from their own lives every day and actually they are just avoiding the inevitable...themselves.

My neighbor has never lived in a home more than 2.5 years yet she stays in the same city. They are both highly successful, well educated and very attractive people but they are always running. They make excuses about the house they live in or the neighbors or the proximity of their home to the childrens school or grocery...but in reality, they are running from themselves.

But in reality, they will never fit in because they are so uncomfortable in their own skin. Their angst comes from within and they are unable to face these facts.

So, this evening, knowing what I have witnessed but hoping they will be happy here, I see the For Sale sign in the yard. They are moving...again. From themselves but blaming another person or situation.

Are people destined to live this way forever? Or do they find a place to call home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 11:50 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Are they minorities??

I'm not sure what they are "running from".... I'm guessing they get bored.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Are they minorities??
Haha!! I knew you would be the first... No, they are not minorities...

Old 01-09-2009, 11:55 PM

249 posts, read 473,642 times
You know this is a good question that I have no answer for. I think we all are in search of something. I am still searching for my home. The only thing I am certain about is that it will not be in my current state. I am hoping to find my home in Seattle ( (they have the most beautiful foliage I have ever seen)

Old 01-09-2009, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleecya View Post
You know this is a good question that I have no answer for. I think we all are in search of something. I am still searching for my home. The only thing I am certain about is that it will not be in my current state. I am hoping to find my home in Seattle ( (they have the most beautiful foliage I have ever seen)
The home was more of an example of them running from themselves. They always think life will be better somewhere else, in a different neighborhood, at a different job, kids at a different school...they are always seeking something that will be unattainable as long as they are unwilling to look at themselves...it is very sad.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:01 AM

Somebody tried to tell me that but she didn't get it through her thick head that I just absolutely hated being where I was at .... however I didn't move around to different locations within the city lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
The home was more of an example of them running from themselves. They always think life will be better somewhere else, in a different neighborhood, at a different job, kids at a different school...they are always seeking something that will be unattainable as long as they are unwilling to look at themselves...it is very sad.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Somebody tried to tell me that but she didn't get it through her thick head that I just absolutely hated being where I was at ....
Do you move every couple of years?? They just moved in November 2007...that is pretty fast.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:04 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Quote:
Unfortunately their irrational fears and phobias are rubbing off on their kids - who will probably require YEARS of therapy just to be okay with themselves.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:05 AM

lol no but I know what you mean.

Quote:
Do you move every couple of years?? They just moved in November 2007...that is pretty fast.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:06 AM

How would you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Unfortunately their irrational fears and phobias are rubbing off on their kids - who will probably require YEARS of therapy just to be okay with themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships