Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 08:38 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greengentlewoman View Post
Me and my(at the moment) ex boyfriend have been on and off for about 2 years now. We have broken up about 3 times now, and it was I who did the breaking all 3 of them... I would get so insecure in the relationship and afraid that I would lose my life to him by staying with him if he was going to just leave me one day since I am so young... But the insecurities would add up from him never telling me he loves me to the not calling... I would bottle my emotions inside and release them all in one fiery blast by dumping him, and then we would get back together not too long later (Initiated by me). So, me and him broke up again last night, this is our 3rd time I believe, and for once we were both in tears, not just me... I am usually the one that ends up crying... I had felt like I had given up on the relationship, and it was just unbearable... But here I am thinking that if I had talked about those insecurities and the love thing more, instead of just assuming taht we will not last, maybe things would have been better... But I can't help but feel like we should stay single and apart, but I want him back so bad and he is all I can think about... I had never stopped thinking about him as my lover even while I was breaking up with him... I just thought a break up would be the right thing to do... Advice?
Move on. Patterns rarely change.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:30 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,836,360 times
Take your time to yourself and date other people. I would say for atleast 6-8 months. After that if you still feel as if noone compares, be direct and honest and tell her how you feel. But do not go back until you are sure. Give it time and time will tell. Unfortunately, if you do go back and realize she is the "one" you have to be prepared to realize that she may have already moved on.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:51 PM

2 posts, read 7,566 times
Thank you for your reply. I will take my time. If we are meant to be, then it will be. Maybe one day our paths will cross again...

Old 08-29-2012, 08:01 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greengentlewoman View Post
Thank you for your reply. I will take my time. If we are meant to be, then it will be. Maybe one day our paths will cross again...
Honestly, don't count on it.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:11 PM

657 posts, read 717,100 times
you didnot know what you had until you lost it. too bad she problably with another.
women are fast these days. and there is nothing you can do

Old 08-29-2012, 09:15 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalebx28 View Post
you didnot know what you had until you lost it. too bad she problably with another.
women are fast these days. and there is nothing you can do
The original post is from two and a half years ago. I hope she's found someone else or she's at least happy by now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships