Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 08:39 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Most women love to dress nice, sometimes dress sexy. I have always wondered, do women like it when men stare at them when they are dressed sexy or does it creep them out?
Two answers to this question:

1. YES - Women like it if they find the guy who is staring at them attractive.

2. NO - Women dont like if they find the guy who is starting at them NOT attractive.

Oh they may add/write in here just to try to maintain whatever "internet personality" they worked on for so long that "Oh it depends on HOW they stare" or "If they are ooogling for waaaay too long....." blah blah blah. Boom line is if the woman is attracted to the guy, she likes it, if she's not attracted to him she gets all creeped out.

Woman walks by Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Andy Garcia (or any other actor/singer/celeb they are attracted to) and the celebs stare, ooogle, whisper things to each other - The Woman Will LOVE IT.

Woman walks by four Mexican immigrants with leaf blowers and pushing shopping carts filled with cans and do nothing but stare at her - THe Woman Will be CREEPED OUT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 08:40 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
what's really creepy is when you're walking with like 5 grocery bags, wearing a t shirt and jeans and looking pretty frumpy - and guys STILL try to hit on you.

CREEPY.
LOL, what you just described above along with your kids walking with you

Old 01-27-2009, 08:41 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
Yes. If I am dressed up and look good or I am wearing a low cut shirt or something, it's ignorant to believe that men (or even women) aren't going to look.

As you said though, there is a limit. The limit is not measurable and is based on each situation individually.

I find it funny how some women/girls dress provocatively and get angry when a man/boy looks. Or when a person has a mohawk or purple hair and gets all offended when people make comments and stare. Isn't that the intention?????
So I'm standing in the checkout line at Walmart. This boy around 18 years old is standing in front of me. His hair is purple, yellow and red. As I live in a very small town I thought I knew pretty much everyone around here but i didnt know this boy. I said to him "son, who is your father?" He looked at me and said " I never knew my father. He left before I was born. Why would you ask such a question?" I answered "well I noticed your hair and it reminded me that one night about 18 years ago I got really wasted and Fu**ed a parrot!!!!!!!!"

Old 01-27-2009, 08:47 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
They can look, not touch, and if they happen to comment...I just hope I'm not with my girlfriend. She doesn't take kindly to that kind of stuff.

As long as they are respectful, I'm nice but some guys don't know how to approach a woman with respect.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:08 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,116,949 times
What's the point of getting all dressed up if no one is going to look? I love it when men look when I'm dressed up and love it more if they compliment me on my look.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:53 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,227,493 times
I don't like being seen or treated as a piece of meat, I don't like being slobbered over, so I dress down for just that reason. I don't like the "level of attention" or "type of attention" that I attract when I dress provocatively in public. So I don't dress that way.

I dress to match the level of attention I am comfortable receiving.

Except on the dance floor, then I go all out, because there in that venue it is all about beauty and grace and style and movement and sensuality, and I'm there for a specific purpose, including an element of performance, on view, so I do emphasize my physical vehicle there.

And there's something absolutely enticing and alluring about saving the display of goodies for those private encounters. Over and over I've had a lover tell me that the more that is "hidden" from public view on a woman, the more mysterious and attractive they find that to be, also they tell me they like that it is "just for them" rather than on public display for every dich to gawk at.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:57 PM

212 posts, read 858,975 times
classy sexy can still leave alot to the imagination, while at the same time attract the attention. I like attracting attention as long as the stare doesn't last a really long time. Also I think it has a great deal to do with who is staring. If you like staring back at the person staring at you, it takes alot more before it seems creepy.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:03 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Most women love to dress nice, sometimes dress sexy. I have always wondered, do women like it when men stare at them when they are dressed sexy or does it creep them out?
Staring is creepy. A glance and a smile will do.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:14 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,236,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
LOL, what you just described above along with your kids walking with you
ooh WEIRD!!

Old 01-27-2009, 03:23 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
All women look at other women. It's always interesting to watch women when another woman enters the room. They all perform the eyeball scan, immediately assessing her dress size, attire, use of color, you name it. They're subtle, but they look nonetheless.
YOU are so right!!HAHA!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships