Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 12:40 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,854,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Little did I know, but on the way, got talking to 2 different women and then at the park 3 more lol. Didn't get any numbers or anything like that, just friendly chit chat alot about the baby. But was abit taken back by it.

I've always heard women find a guy with a baby attractive to what extent is this true?
With a baby in tow, you're non threatening. They believe they can talk to you without getting hit on. I doubt you will meet any real prospects, this way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 01:03 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,786,099 times
`We had the cutest twin girls that anyone ever saw. We lived near a beach in California. after our friends saw what happened when we went to the beach (instantly surrounded by cooing bikini clad babes), they kept coming to us abd beggin to babysit. One guy even offered to give us money if he could take the twins to the beach.

We always said no becuase we could just imagine the babies getting sunburned (or worse) while our friend was busy flirting. I thought that if he would go as high as $500/hour we should take it. After all we could watch from a distance and make sure that they were ok. But wifey just scowled. (when it comes to babies, "no means "No!" and a scowl means that you are about to lose body parts).

I will say that based on the times that I went to the beach alone with the babies, it certainly would work. I was mobbed and had a half dozen offers of help taking care of them while I was at the beach. We even got mobbed when my wife was with me. For whatever reason it always seemed to be hot 20 something gals, who flocked to the babies, not the other moms. Not sure why. It was funny. However a puppy or a large bird seems to work almost as well. I quickly leanred not to take the babies, the puppy or the bird to the beach if I went alone. Too much risk of the scowl. If I went alone with no baby, bird or puppy, I was completely ignored (phew!).

Old 01-29-2009, 02:28 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,953,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew83 View Post
I had some success in a supermarket, but sometimes when i talk to someone there, for whatever reason some other passer by just decides to stop and listen to us talk and it throws me off.
Do you have a mother or sister? Oh, heck, even if you don't....go to the perfume and cosmetics counters at a nice department store.

Ask for help in choosing a fragrance or whatever. You don't even have to talk with the sales staff unless you want to; ask a lady passing
by what she thinks of a certain fragrance. Nobody says you have to buy anything - you could still be comparison shopping.

I'm not saying to be blatantly insincere, just be yourself & get some opinions. A chance to chat it up a bit, that's all....

Old 01-29-2009, 02:35 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,121,486 times
Maybe they just thought the baby was cute.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:11 PM

434 posts, read 933,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
Do you have a mother or sister? Oh, heck, even if you don't....go to the perfume and cosmetics counters at a nice department store.

Ask for help in choosing a fragrance or whatever. You don't even have to talk with the sales staff unless you want to; ask a lady passing
by what she thinks of a certain fragrance. Nobody says you have to buy anything - you could still be comparison shopping.

I'm not saying to be blatantly insincere, just be yourself & get some opinions. A chance to chat it up a bit, that's all....

Then you excluded women like me who do not use perfume at all

Old 01-29-2009, 03:23 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,953,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinglebell View Post
Then you excluded women like me who do not use perfume at all

Sorry Jinglebell, how's about if he meets you over by the earrings? Scarves & accessories?

Old 01-29-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
Sorry Jinglebell, how's about if he meets you over by the earrings? Scarves & accessories?
How about at BANK?

Old 01-29-2009, 07:03 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,142,457 times
I see a man with a baby approaching and I RUN!

Old 01-29-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
I see a man with a baby approaching and I RUN!
Let me tell u....better than with a beer or wine bottle...

Old 01-29-2009, 11:38 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,968,335 times
I like the idea of classes, maybe yoga.
How about a gym?

Book stores sometimes have lounge areas where people can read and sometimes strike up a conversation. They have book signings and lectures and often a coffee bar, so she can converse without having to leave the store with you, worrying if you are Ted Bundy.
If you don't know, Bundy was a very friendly guy who would put a cast on and ask women to help him get groceries in the car, sometimes dropping them - of course he shoved the woman in the car and you can only guess the rest.

I think you should strike for a social setting with others around that you frequent regularly. People you see often do not seem threatening or annoying and you can just start by exchanging a few pleasant words with no pressure on anyone.

How about something that is meaningful to you? Some volunteer work?

In the US, in the south, many people center their social lives around the church. There are major cities in the North that have things as the Ethical Culture Society, which has regular meetings and lectures and is centered upon creating a more ethical society, religion or no.

We have small discussion groups that meet called Socrates Cafe that choose a topic in one meeting and have discussions about it on the next.
Some cities have several of these meeting. I have seen people from 17 to 70 at these.

Find something that interests you and stick to it on a regular basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships