Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 07:40 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,072,780 times

Advertisements

I don't trust anybody - no matter whose husband he is!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 08:23 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,563,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle toes View Post
i don't trust anybody - no matter whose husband he is!!!
lol.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:44 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,940,179 times
I know it's different strokes for different folks but I'd say, why not. We've nothing to hide. Heck, he doesn't even come on here (never has) and yet I tell him about the goofy stuff I read on here all the time.

I just don't see the point of any secrets or the "this is my space and I want my privacy".

And I'm too lazy to have secrets from him (and vise-versa). Trying to remember what to tell him and what not.... too much work for me.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:59 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,563,794 times
I think it's great that people share so much. It's a problem for me when it is considered "secretive" when you don't. The whole thing smacks of entitlement. When you get married, you're supposed to share everything. If you don't, you are not honoring your vows/you're keeping secrets/have something to hide/don't trust your partner. I can't accept that, but to each their own.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:25 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,690,281 times
he doesn't care and I don't either. I have had 2 standard passwords since 1994. I don't know his as he is an IT Manager so he would get fired...aside from that his piddly accounts I don't care. he doesn't spend time online playing. He is working. Even though, like me, we have had the same set of passwords for years and years.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:54 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,823,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
I know it's different strokes for different folks but I'd say, why not. We've nothing to hide. Heck, he doesn't even come on here (never has) and yet I tell him about the goofy stuff I read on here all the time.

I just don't see the point of any secrets or the "this is my space and I want my privacy".

And I'm too lazy to have secrets from him (and vise-versa). Trying to remember what to tell him and what not.... too much work for me.
People with nothing to hide, hide nothing

And just because I know his password and he knows mine doesn't mean we go into each others emails - there's no reason to, we trust each other

Old 02-11-2009, 09:55 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,674,444 times
Never!

Old 02-12-2009, 08:29 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,976,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie_downs View Post
we did know each other's passwords, then he took a 'break' from our relationship, for a week, added a bunch of ppl to his facebook account then changed his password. sooo i changed my passwords. i feel like if you're in a serious relationship why not let them have your password. i have nothing to hide. and has far as needing 'privacy' goes, why would you need privacy on facebook other than not wanting your S.O to see who you're talking to? it's not like we're going to be checking their accounts everyday, just once in awhile to see who their talking to...

i have an issue with my boyfriend, of 2 years, not allowing me to know his password to facebook. i trust him so it's not b/c of that, i just dont get why he wouldnt want me to know it and why he would want privacy on something like that. just doesnt make sense. i'd be willing to give him my passwords to everything! he can see what i write, how i act towards other people....i have absoultely nothing to hide.
Can I answer this for you??

Because some women tend to read between the lines on matters.

I have heard some strange things come out of the mouths of some women and I think, "Where in the world did that come from?"

See, I like to joke around. I text my best friend in Wyoming all the time. If someone was to read the text they wouldn't understand what it mean't and it would be all messed up. It's best not to snoop. At all.

I work at some stores and the female managers or workers would give me their phone number so they can be notified when I complete the work at night. Now if she was to snoop in my jeans and find a number...that would just be stupid cause I am not collecting a number from someone for a relationship.

At any rate...you are pretty young. You have to allow yourself as well as your boyfriend or future husband to have a life. Allow him to be able to say, "Hey, this is MY truck...my wallet...my garage." It's something you will come to appreciate later in life. If you don't follow these guidelines you will smuther the heck out of him and he won't want you around.

If you are a supportive mate or girlfriend you will allow him time to hunt, fish, bike ride...whatever HE enjoys. Encourage him to do those things. He will love you more for it. If you sit and complain you don't have access to his garage, truck, wallet...or passwords, then you will be a nagging annoying person that would push him to drink, shy away, walk away, cheat, swear and many other destructive behaviors.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I think it's great that people share so much. It's a problem for me when it is considered "secretive" when you don't. The whole thing smacks of entitlement. When you get married, you're supposed to share everything. If you don't, you are not honoring your vows/you're keeping secrets/have something to hide/don't trust your partner. I can't accept that, but to each their own.
Let me fill you in with a story:

Let's say you are going out on a night on the town with 5 of your closest girlfriends. You are all excited and are curling your hair and getting all dolled up for the night.
Your boyfriend/husband is sitting in the other room while you are getting all ready for this evening.
He asks you what you are planning to do for the evening but you tell him you don't know cause your friends didn't really say. It is a spontaneous night of fun.
So he sits at home wondering, "Hmmm? Is she going to cheat on me, is she lying to me, does she know what the plans are for the night and is not telling me?"
She gets home really late at night. She comes in and lays in bed. He says, "How was your night?"
You respond with a, "I'm really tired. I'll tell you in the morning."
He sits up all night staring at the ceiling.
In the morning he drills her with questions, "Where did you go? What did you do? Did you meet anybody did you...did you did you?"
(Getting annoying huh?)
"Why won't you tell me everything? Is there secrets that you don't want me to know about? What's going on?"

See, that's what people don't need. We need to allow our SO to go out, have a good time and not have to worry about being drilled the next day as to what they did. If there is secrets or what not.

As far as the night went, well, I'm sure they flirted with the waiter, talked bad about people and their husbands and laughed alot about stupid stuff. That really is none of our business what the girls did. Let them still have a life. That goes same for men.

What's the saying, "Absent makes the heart fonder?"

Old 02-12-2009, 08:45 AM

We watched "American Idol" last night and this family man who was in the running was talking about how it could change his life.

The ole lady says, "Yeah it will, you will be out on the road cheating on your wife while you are touring...."

I'm like, "WHAT?"

If you are going to assume stuff all the time you are doomed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships