Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 07:42 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,786,642 times

Advertisements

Let's just say in a hypothetical situation that your girlfriend or spouse and you have a very pleasant evening together, you're cuddeling on the couch and you both are looking at each other in a very loving way...that's when your sweetheart decides to ask what you are thinking about.

Surprisingly at that exact moment your mind has a fleeting thought of something completely unrelated. The thought includes wondering if it was your turn or your buddy Steve's turn to buy coffee the next morning. So are you totally honest and answer what was really on your mind, or do you say something like "Just thinking about how much I love you"?

I personally would prefer to be told the later, but maybe some women would appreciate the honesty of the prior. Just curious how you have dealt with these situations in the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 08:30 PM

9,762 posts, read 3,416,720 times
Personally, I would just like the truth or if you don't want to share.. say "Oh, nothing".. lol something along those terms. However, if you want to 'blatantly' cheese up to me.. you might get a kiss or two for your efforts, lol.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:37 PM

960 posts, read 1,163,851 times
That's a loaded question I've always hated.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:38 PM

647 posts, read 2,084,065 times
Well, to begin with, my spouse would probably be able to guess what's on my mind, because she would be thinking the same thing.......but if I had a fleeting thought, unrelated, to the loving vibe that we're feeling, and she asked me about what I'm thinking, I would brush off the fleeting thought and say, "honey, I'm just enjoying spending quiet time with you, you look so great tonight...."

If I told her my fleeting thought, be it who's making coffeee or a ball game or something very TRIVIAL/insignificant, I would be afraid it would ruin the mood, ruin the vibe or connection we're feeling at that moment.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:41 PM

So.. you and your spouse are always having a vibe or connection? Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatwave13 View Post
Well, to begin with, my spouse would probably be able to guess what's on my mind, because she would be thinking the same thing.......but if I had a fleeting thought, unrelated, to the loving vibe that we're feeling, and she asked me about what I'm thinking, I would brush off the fleeting thought and say, "honey, I'm just enjoying spending quiet time with you, you look so great tonight...."

If I told her my fleeting thought, be it who's making coffeee or a ball game or something very TRIVIAL/insignificant, I would be afraid it would ruin the mood, ruin the vibe or connection we're feeling at that moment.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:45 PM

647 posts, read 2,084,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGrrrl View Post
So.. you and your spouse are always having a vibe or connection? Wow.
I wouldn't say "always" having a connection, but certain very often. Yeah, it's all good.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Let's just say in a hypothetical situation that your girlfriend or spouse and you have a very pleasant evening together, you're cuddeling on the couch and you both are looking at each other in a very loving way...that's when your sweetheart decides to ask what you are thinking about.
Sorry.. guys I glossed over the details.. I see in the moment the OP described there is def a vibe, etc. going on.. my bad.
Forgive me please.. lol.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:54 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,869,787 times
Quote:
Surprisingly at that exact moment your mind has a fleeting thought of something completely unrelated. The thought includes wondering if it was your turn or your buddy Steve's turn to buy coffee the next morning. So are you totally honest and answer what was really on your mind, or do you say something like "Just thinking about how much I love you"?
Not sure why a guy would be in that situation and not thinking about sex but anyways.

If it were me I would just lie. Being honest doesn't get you too far in relationships. Been there done that.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:56 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,242,232 times
Ah-HA! Liars! All of you are LIARS!

Me too. Sometimes. But more often it's, "Huh? I don't remember." And that would be the truth. Getting old has its benefits.

Did you hear about the 83 year old woman who talked herself out of a speeding ticket by telling the young officer that she had to get there before she forgot where she was going?

Or this one:

AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE ABOUT GROWING OLDER:

WELL CRAP!!!!!

I FORGOT WHAT I WAS GOING TO SAY.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:03 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,683,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
Being honest doesn't get you too far in relationships.
Ah. So that is my problem. No wonder. I'm like Jim Carrey in Liar, Liar, I can't help but to be honest no matter what.

When a woman asks me what I am thinking, in this case the answer would have something to do with sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships