Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 02:50 PM

269 posts, read 1,002,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Too many single moms, to much unprotected sex.
And not enough Abortion!

I have always thought it pretty sad that so few African-Americans actually get to enjoy the glory years of their 20s because they're saddled with all those out-of-wedlock children. It stems from a lack of self-respect I guess, but I just know that personally, I would never pro-create with a man who was not committed to me and who could not bankroll a family. My husband & I did marry young (in our early twenties), but we waited 8 years to start a family, and being a first-time Mom at 31 and while married is so much sweeter than trying to struggle as a young single-parent and date at the same time.

It's perfectly reasonable for you all who don't want a "ready-made" family, and good luck with all that but you may have to date out of the race in the end (I know I did, my hubby is white).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 02:54 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
I could be wrong

I am wrong sometimes,

but for every single mom out there, isn't there a single dad out there

or are there hoardes of women running out in the 20s and getting in-vitro

octocrack doesn't count here
Don't ya know? All of those women got pregnant via immaculate conception. The baby daddies didn't run away. They're just in heaven.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:02 PM

513 posts, read 1,581,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
I just need to vent a little frustration. I am out in the dating game giving 100% just like most single guys in their mid-20's, but I have hit a rut lately where every attractive, single woman I meet has at LEAST one kid and was never married to the father.

Don't get me wrong. I love kids and want to have a family of my own someday. If I were in my 40's and still single, I would accept the fact that there probably aren't going to be too many childless women in my dating pool. But at 26, I'm just not ready for a ready-made family.

So here is my question. Doesn't ANYONE wait to get MARRIED before they have babies anymore? Mitt Romney caught some flack for saying basically the same thing at CPAC last year, but the man is right. Take it from a 26-year-old male who is tired of his dating pool being saturated with kids. Time for the lifeguard to blow the whistle for adults-only swim.

End rant.
yeah, the phenomenon is especially pronounced in the South. I once met a 24 years old divorced woman with THREE kids already. I mean, for the sake of God, assuming she divorced her bastard husband (her words) at 23, and she married him immediately after her 18th birthday, which left her less than 5 years to give birth to 3 children, I mean, OMG, what kind of life she and her ex-husband were living during their <5 years of marriage? I've been scratching my head trying to understand the kind of upbringing that leads to her and him living their lives (extremely irresponsible to themselves and to the kids they had, if you ask me, and their parents should be blamed as well) as they did.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:08 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,240,619 times
Many young women nowadays are just naive, just as the men are irresponsible. Gentlemen who actually have their act together nowadays are a rarity. I'm almost 30 and when I tell people I've never been married and don't have any children, they're often surprised. I also think it's a cultural thing as well - turning 18 in many parts no longer means just being old enough to vote and buy cigarettes; it's also seen by many as a license to begin "playing family" and procreation - a rite of passage if you will.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:13 PM

930 posts, read 2,423,693 times
Quote:
I just need to vent a little frustration. I am out in the dating game giving 100% just like most single guys in their mid-20's, but I have hit a rut lately where every attractive, single woman I meet has at LEAST one kid and was never married to the father.

Don't get me wrong. I love kids and want to have a family of my own someday. If I were in my 40's and still single, I would accept the fact that there probably aren't going to be too many childless women in my dating pool. But at 26, I'm just not ready for a ready-made family.

So here is my question. Doesn't ANYONE wait to get MARRIED before they have babies anymore? Mitt Romney caught some flack for saying basically the same thing at CPAC last year, but the man is right. Take it from a 26-year-old male who is tired of his dating pool being saturated with kids. Time for the lifeguard to blow the whistle for adults-only swim.

End rant.
Well lets see. You thought she was hot. Someone else thought she was hot. So he knocked her up.

You could try running a little less shallow and replace your hunt for "attractive" with "intelligent", "sophisticated" and "has her legs crossed"....and I bet you have a lot more options.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:16 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,030,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post
Well lets see. You thought she was hot. Someone else thought she was hot. So he knocked her up.

You could try running a little less shallow and replace your hunt for "attractive" with "intelligent", "sophisticated" and "has her legs crossed"....and I bet you have a lot more options.
The difference is, when I think a girl is "hot," I don't "knock her up." I make sure my horse is tied up before it goes into the stable. I'm ranting about the fact that not many my age seem to be showing that kind of responsible judgment.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:21 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times
Quote:
The difference is, when I think a girl is "hot," I don't "knock her up." I make sure my horse is tied up before it goes into the stable. I'm ranting about the fact that not many my age seem to be showing that kind of responsible judgment.
You'll never get anywhere if you refer to your girls as 'horses'

Old 03-04-2009, 03:24 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Yeah, that may be an issue

Old 03-04-2009, 03:26 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,240,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I don't exactly think he was referring to women. More like,...oh never mind.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:30 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times
Unfortunately it seems to be more accepted these days. I know more than a couple college educated professionals who became pregnant, then things didnt work out with the baby-daddy. They decided they 'didnt need a man' as the government could help them where they fell short. More power to them, but it doesnt look easy. As a bachelor, I raise an eye to someone (as a person to date) with a child out of wedlock...especially in their early 20s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships