Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 01:38 PM

783 posts, read 2,587,943 times

Advertisements

The individual is
  1. Attractive
  2. Educated
  3. Middle class citizen
  4. Shy
  5. Low self-esteem
  6. Difficulty talking to the opposite sex.
  7. Rarely socializes not a party type.
  8. Average to clean freak.
  9. Stern looking - tends to take life seriously.

What advice would u recommend? Just trying to get ideas to add to mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 01:42 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,974,503 times
Get out more and enjoy life more. Socialize more and put yourself in situations where you can meet new people.

G Man

Old 03-16-2009, 01:42 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,340,815 times
Have we met?

Old 03-16-2009, 01:57 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,070,424 times
If its a she then ask her to date me, please. I am desperate for the touch of a female.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:59 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by npumcrisz View Post
The individual is
  1. Attractive
  2. Educated
  3. Middle class citizen
  4. Shy
  5. Low self-esteem

I'd suggest they tackle something new like karate or dance lessons - forces you out of your comfort zone but when you do it and become somewhat proficient you gain more self confidence. You also meet some new people - which is what he needs help doing.

Old 03-16-2009, 02:08 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,180,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by npumcrisz View Post
The individual is
  1. Attractive
  2. Educated
  3. Middle class citizen
  4. Shy
  5. Low self-esteem

If this is you, I feel that you need to make more close platonic friends and find some hobbies or non-work activities you like to do before searching for romance. Right now, I don't think that you'd be good company, let alone good boyfriend material for most women. You need to love yourself first, before getting into a relationship.

If I was looking for a boyfriend and read your profile, I would be afraid to date someone like you for fear of being smothered by your attention. If you aren't comfortable around other people, then I would be very concerned that if we started dating, you would want to see me every day and get lonely, jealous and upset if I needed some days without you to spend with other friends. And if I dated you and then decided that I didn't like you enough to be your girlfriend, I would worry that you would be crushed as a person if we broke up. Your profile just makes you sound like a very lonely needy person.

But... there are some women that want a needy man, who won't ever stray and that they can tend to all his needs. And it's very important that your online profile be an accurate assessment of who you really are as a person.

Old 03-16-2009, 02:15 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,070,424 times
so you are a guy? gth! You got my hopes all up. I know a guy who is quiet at first you meet him but he has the hottest gf imaginable. Why? I don't know probably because he goes out a lot even though he comes off as very shy at first.

Old 03-16-2009, 02:19 PM

513 posts, read 1,581,807 times
I don't know, I've never seen a truly physically attractively person, man or woman, that has problem talking to the opposite sex. Our society might not be fair but a truly attractive guy/gal would have plenty of opportunities at which he/she would be dragged out of his/her shell by the opposite sex however socially awkward he/she might be. He/she might not have a clear understanding as to where exactly his/her level of attractiveness lies in our social hierarchy. Too higher a opinion of yourself can lead one to expect too much from social interaction and underestimate the effort needed for achieving whatever objective he/she set for himself/herself. Usually women are the one with unrealistically placed regard for her physical attractiveness. But socially awkward men often have the same problem. On the one hand, they somehow "feel" they are reasonably attractive physically, intellectually and so on, on the other hand, they feel they are not as appreciated as they deserve, which often leads to further withdrawal from outside world. To overcome it, one needs to readjust his expectation and have a clear understanding about what he has and what he doesn't have, while at the same time, he must not be daunted by it.

Old 03-16-2009, 02:39 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,869,001 times
Future millionaire.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:16 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,692,542 times
Default Omg

except for #1 which I'm not sure about you're describing me!! I am a male. there is this controlling lady who i work with who is trying to change me(she is the opposite of me) but I can't relate to her at all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships