Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 01:44 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,036,491 times

Advertisements

this is where most of the cool people are plus it's the best place to be to waste some free time when you're stuck in a cubicle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 01:45 PM

309 posts, read 1,026,267 times
Boredom. It is something to do in a few of the spare times I have between meetings and such. I have some small projects here at work, but since I'm done in less than a month they haven't loaded me with anything major.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:07 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,372,399 times
When I first started, this section was new. I had no idea it even existed. I was using the state forums and then other topics when I noticed other things popping up.

I started dialoging my everyday life in here, and it was very helpful to me.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:23 PM

9,762 posts, read 3,416,720 times
:-) I'm one of those in and out-ers.. I post in here when I find a topic or conversation that seems amusing/interesting. People seem nice and friendly enough.. I guess there's only so much I want to talk about when it comes to relationships, though.. so I don't post in here regularly. Same with Politics & Other Controversies.. I like to express and be a part of the dialogue but sometimes it gets kinda tedious.

Lol.. all about spreading the love <3 <3

Old 03-18-2009, 02:36 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,554,254 times
Shared pain I guess. So many of us are struggling. I don't have to hide what I feel here.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:04 PM

720 posts, read 1,408,596 times
It's interesting to see what other people think about life, love and relationships. Gives you ideas and makes me feel like I am not the only one who is relationship retarded.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:20 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,585,255 times
I originally came here for advice. And still do. Some things that I would never ask a friend or family member about a particular matter, can be asked here being anonymous.

Having a good relationship with your spouse, family or friends makes life a whole lot easier and more fun.

Too bad it is a lot easier said than done, at least for me.

I only wish I had the insight that some of you have. I'd be able to answer in more threads.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:38 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,955,610 times
I came to CD by way of some relocation research. Prior to CD, I never posted in forums. I don't like all the sign-up & register crap on Myspace & Facebook;
plus I like that this is relatively anonymous or at least more in our own hands to decide what is shared.

I was like a kid in a candy store when I started drifting through different forums, and never thought I'd land on the relationships forum...and post this much!
Life is nuts; it's a constant race to the finish line only to realize someone keeps pushing back the line & you never get to stop. I may be too tired to yap
on the phone with my friends, but here I can read a few threads, drop a few posts; and pause in the road for a minute and let everyone else whizz past.

Besides, 75% (or better!) of the people here seem like really good folks...I bet I would really have a lot in common with them IRL...

Old 03-18-2009, 06:42 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,342,175 times
It's fun and the people here are pretty cool for the most part. It's a good place to get advice, some of it good, some not so good, but always entertaining.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:45 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,484,309 times
Quote:
Originally posted by dave nz
Just curious. For me a couple of main reasons. I'm sometimes up working till 3-4am and this site helps keep me amused in the wee small hours.

Also I have actually enjoyed and learnt more about myself on the relationship front from posting here and relationships in general, which has been valuable for me.
I'm not one to sit down with mates and talk about relationships in detail, but in a more anoymonous way here I don't mind so much.
I spend most of my "forum time" at the politics forum and it can get really draining, so I've recently come over here for something more light hearted. I've gotta say, some of these threads are pretty funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships