Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 04:27 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,221,289 times

Advertisements

just wondering....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 05:21 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,184,340 times
My boyfriend and I don't text at all. Yay! So no irritations about that.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:47 PM

37,624 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Well, if I thought it was excessive, then yeah, that means it probably would get on my nerves. But no one in my immediate family does that. My fairly-new SO has just really started using it, with me. It's handy for us to communicate with each other.

I walked by an entire family at a table in a restaurant last night, and every single one of them (mother, father, and kids) had a cell phone in their hand in front of them, and they were typing away on the keypads. My guess is none of these people actually talk to each other, so why go out to dinner with each other?

Old 03-18-2009, 05:49 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,511,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Well, if I thought it was excessive, then yeah, that means it probably would get on my nerves. But no one in my immediate family does that. My fairly-new SO has just really started using it, with me. It's handy for us to communicate with each other.

I walked by an entire family at a table in a restaurant last night, and every single one of them (mother, father, and kids) had a cell phone in their hand in front of them, and they were typing away on the keypads. My guess is none of these people actually talk to each other, so why go out to dinner with each other?
hard to cook when you are on the phone

Old 03-18-2009, 05:52 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,047,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post

They were probably texting each other!

Old 03-18-2009, 05:55 PM

37,624 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
They were probably texting each other!
Probably not far from the truth!!

Old 03-18-2009, 07:02 PM

412 posts, read 1,229,643 times
Yes excessive texting gets on my nerves! Once I dated someone that did that, and I ended up taking text messaging off my phone altogether b/c of him!

Don't get me wrong, I love text messaging! But he would do it constantly, even while I was at work. That really annoyed me the most b/c when I am at work I like to focus on my job so I don't have to take work home.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:06 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,047,807 times
I haven't had any annoying texting situations, but one time my husband and I were dining at the Venetian in Las Vagas and there was a couple sitting across from us. She was absolutely gorgeous. He was on his cell phone the entire time. She would kind of look around and roll her eyes from time to time, obviously bored. If I were that gal, I would have got my purse, got up and left without saying a word. Let the jerk enjoy dining with his cell phone.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:11 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,798,567 times
HA! You tell 'em Twinkle Toes! The GF will just take the phone from me and tell whoever it is "He is at the table with me now, he will call you back." Then she hangs up.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:15 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,788,602 times
I have a good friend who speaks to everyone in text messages. He resorts to actually talking on the phone as a last resort, unless of course he wants to contact me. He knows I'm not really into texting, especially since I have a conventional cell phone, not an iphone or blackberry. I'm not about to sit there try to thumb one letter at a time like morse code just to set up a time and place for lunch. That and I'm too lazy and stupid to figure out how to use punctuation. Pick up the damn phone and talk to me! It's insane. Also, if I do resond by text it never ends. He'll keep replying to my texts and I just don't have the patience to try and communicate with someone like a POW in a prison camp. For me texting is a short step up from pounding on drums or sending smoke signals.

Last edited by Coolhand68; 03-18-2009 at 07:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships