Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2009, 07:41 AM

37,604 posts, read 45,972,346 times

Advertisements

Good GOD will someone please stop this Blue's Love character? WTF????

Old 07-19-2009, 11:39 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,892,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I used to. I really don't like going. But a few years ago, a good friend of mine (I shared an office with her) was having stomach issues...constipation, different things like that. It would come and go, and she was too chicken to go to the doctor - said she was afraid they would find something. I fussed at her endlessly. This went on for about 6 months!! Finally it got so bad she had to go. She was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. And then I found out her dad had died of colon cancer!! So what she SHOULD have been doing was getting a colonoscopy regularly (my mom had colon cancer so I already bit that bullet), and instead, she avoided doctors completely. She made it almost 5 years.

Now I go. I still hate going, but I go.
I just had a colonoscopy July 2. Everything looked good. They told me to come back in 10 years. I did my stint! Yes, I know it's TMI, but you were speaking about the subject and I thought I'd brag. I'm so glad it's done. And I'm glad my health is good!

Old 07-19-2009, 11:48 AM

52,233 posts, read 52,648,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
I just had a colonoscopy July 2. Everything looked good. They told me to come back in 10 years. I did my stint! Yes, I know it's TMI, but you were speaking about the subject and I thought I'd brag. I'm so glad it's done. And I'm glad my health is good!
I'm gonna be hitting 40 next month, so I was wondering if I should go in and get a tune up.

Seriously, it seems like there are some things a guy should do at that age. I should google it and see what comes up.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm gonna be hitting 40 next month, so I was wondering if I should go in and get a tune up.

Seriously, it seems like there are some things a guy should do at that age. I should google it and see what comes up.
Get a physical. See what your doctor says for men.

My father (81) drinks a heckuva lotta green tea for his prostate. No, you're not 81, but it helps to be aware in the beginning years so you're not in bad health in the later years. And no, my father is not a drinker or a drug user or a smoker, but he sure liked his vitamins and supplements, all through his life. He used to do yoga, too.

Last edited by cricket_factor; 07-19-2009 at 11:59 AM.. Reason: The "smoking" bit.

Old 07-19-2009, 12:09 PM

19,423 posts, read 15,231,592 times
Wow, too much fun last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
If I were to guess, I would think someone at the funeral home gave the family a quote for a standard size coffin and then when they were reminded the deceased was 6'8', the funeral director did not want to pay the difference for a larger coffin so shazaam, they figured out a way to make it work...sort of
There's no calming him, mrstewart.

Quote:
I used to. I really don't like going. But a few years ago, a good friend of mine (I shared an office with her) was having stomach issues...constipation, different things like that. It would come and go, and she was too chicken to go to the doctor - said she was afraid they would find something. I fussed at her endlessly. This went on for about 6 months!! Finally it got so bad she had to go. She was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. And then I found out her dad had died of colon cancer!! So what she SHOULD have been doing was getting a colonoscopy regularly (my mom had colon cancer so I already bit that bullet), and instead, she avoided doctors completely. She made it almost 5 years.

Now I go. I still hate going, but I go.
I knew I was going to get in trouble for saying that. I know you're right. I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Good news!

Old 07-19-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
It's always easy to tell when City-Data becomes someone's new toy!

Old 07-19-2009, 08:32 PM

Sundays sure get quiet, don't they? I don't necessarily mean here on the board, just around the neighborhood.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:18 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,871,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post

So, what's up with this topic you're skirting about...?
I've actually learned a thing or two here. I wont bother asking a question I don't care to know the answer/answers to.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
I've actually learned a thing or two here. I wont bother asking a question I don't care to know the answer/answers to.
Ha - I can understand that.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:33 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,603,683 times
Quote:
I was just coming on this thread to complain about that, I see you beat me to it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships