Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 02:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,874 times

Advertisements

[Hi all,
I am a 36 year old female who is looking to settle down. I am attractive and have no problem meeting guys but they are not guys who are ready to settle down. I look younger than I am so I tend to attract young guys and they are just not looking for the same thing as me. I try to just go about living my life but I just never meet any interesting guys. I thought I would give the online dating site a try but I don't to waste my time or anyone else. Can anyone tell me the name of the dating site gee red towards people looking for a long-term relationship that could lead to marriage. I know there was a previous thread about this but I can't find it. Thanks[/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 08:08 AM

63 posts, read 74,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I'd be uncomfortable using one of these sites....but that's just my personal feeling.
While on the surface I can see your concerns in regards to all the hidden factors however, there are still a number of ways to combat it all.

For example: More of your upstanding sites like Match,com have security teams in place that help prevent fraud to a certain degree however, they say it's up to the individual user to determine how genuine the person truly is.

Also, another thing you need to factor in to this entire online dating scene is the "whack job factor". I remember one time I dated what appeared to be a very nice women on the surface but ended up breaking up with her and that's when I found out that she was one wicked paranoid narcissist. This lady went so far over the top with her stalking that I had to cash in a few favors from the "satellite gurus" I know and they took care of her once and for all. The last I heard is that she was serving time in "Nebraska" after the "DEA" ended up raiding the house for drugs to the point that they had to "smoke" her out... Now what I thought made it so ironically funny was the fact that they raided the house at exactly "4:20" LOL.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:30 PM

102,380 posts, read 108,679,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpe View Post
Hi all,
I am a 36 year old female who is looking to settle down. I am attractive and have no problem meeting guys but they are not guys who are ready to settle down. I look younger than I am so I tend to attract young guys and they are just not looking for the same thing as me.
Online dating can work for women who look significantly younger than they are, because your age is posted in the profile. IRL, obviously, no one knows how old you are, they only have your looks to go by, so you end up being approached by people who are too young, and passed over by men your age. Though there are some surprisingly mature men in their 20's, ready to settle down and already established in good careers. A venue where your age included in the advertising, so to speak, should eliminate the mismatched ages problem at least to some degree.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,489 times
I'm 28 year old female. I'm tired of games and playing around with pointless dates, I would like to meet a real guy, wich is honestly hard to find, most guys just like to play around with feelings, and honestly I'm tired of that. I have no kids and I never been married, I just want to find the right guy to settle down.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:23 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,211,276 times
Perhaps you're looking in the wrong places? There are men who abhor game playing as much as you do (myself included).

Old 12-04-2012, 08:39 AM

1,479 posts, read 2,728,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Rose View Post
I'm 28 year old female. I'm tired of games and playing around with pointless dates, I would like to meet a real guy, wich is honestly hard to find, most guys just like to play around with feelings, and honestly I'm tired of that. I have no kids and I never been married, I just want to find the right guy to settle down.
Send me a picture of yourself or post one in your profile.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:01 AM

1 posts, read 1,337 times
I am 43, a children's entertainer/clown/ventriloquist/comedian/artist. Under that list woman avoid me. I am a tall good looking guy that speaks two languages English and French, but women do not like what I have choicen for a living. I think I need some one in the same field as myself or at least an artist. I have my own business, house and car. But I am missing the right woman with RESPECT! O yeah, I am in the Detroit, mi, area. I am at the point, that I would marry a woman from another country......will if we had chemistry. If you know someone give me heads up. Thank you.

Last edited by Venthaven; 07-02-2013 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: Miss a little bit of info

Old 08-18-2013, 04:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,239 times
Default match

I've been on a couple of these sites like Match.com. I am finding that just because you are on a site like this doesn't mean you are looking for an LTR. However, I am. I wish someone would start a site for those who would like to get married. Not "just looking" etc.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:02 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,814,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpe View Post
Hi all,
I am a 36 year old female who is looking to settle down. I am attractive and have no problem meeting guys but they are not guys who are ready to settle down. I look younger than I am so I tend to attract young guys and they are just not looking for the same thing as me. I try to just go about living my life but I just never meet any interesting guys. I thought I would give the online dating site a try but I don't to waste my time or anyone elses. Can anyone tell me the name of the dating site geered towards people looking for a long-term relationship that could lead to marriage. I know there was a previous thread about this but I can't find it. Thanks
I'm looking for the same. I want to get married and have kids. I'm a young looking 44 year old. I've tried Match.com, which in my opinion is for hooking up, so not for me. I've also tried EHarmony, Chemistry (awful site), Plenty of Fish (nobody on there is serious about dating and its worse than Match), Christian Mingle, etc. I don't recommend any of them, but if I had to pick, I'd reluctantly pick EHarmony. But online dating has become too popular now and it really doesn't work because of that IMO. I consider myself a great catch (without being arrogant about it), and I can't get a date on any of them, at least not with a woman I'm attracted to.

Old 10-16-2013, 07:34 AM

10 posts, read 17,511 times
Smile How To Find A Spouse

sounds like you are having some difficulty...it isn't easy with the online dating because everyone is on their best behaviour...for good reason. What usually happens is you end up finding someone within your circle of friends. Which can be a good thing because then you know what they are really like...not some stranger...but if you actually want to catch the fish you should try this book at bethebride.net it will show you how to get the guy to want to go out with you, which is the first step.

Good luck! it isn't impossible to fine someone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships