Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 01:25 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,068,217 times

Advertisements

I fear going to places-like walmart or somewhere public-because i feel like people will give me nasty looks or the security guard always believes i am robbing something. but in reality she or rarely he just wants a power surge. I have traveled by myself and i felt free so long as i stayed out of public places. maybe i just don't like people's prescence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 01:31 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,199,793 times
I value my personal reflection a lot, and most of the time being with someone and doing something distracts me from that. So a lot of the time I'll go out with maybe one or two people, but most of the time I like being in a crowded place but not necessarily with anybody. I don't really know why.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:58 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,023,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
The only thing I fear is God. Oh, and my mom when she's pissed.
No poop.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:00 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
I fear no beer.

Corny I know.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:30 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
I love doing things by myself. Most of the time though I am leaving my house alone to go meet up with friends at a dance or something. I go places by myself most of the time.

Old 04-04-2009, 03:08 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times
I like going some places alone, and some places I just have to go with my sweetie. Its a matter of where, and why.

Old 04-04-2009, 03:10 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,690,509 times
I definately don't fear going places on my own. I travel, go to movies, vacations by myself all the time. Most of the time it's because I can't find anyone to go with me! ha!
But I love to go to NYC for long weekends, or hiking, and I love dining out, I don't have any trouble doing those things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
While posting in another thread, I got the idea for this one.

Do you fear going anywhere by yourself, i.e. movie, getting in the car and going away for the weekend, swimming, to the library, fishing, vacations, boating, sailing, deep sea fishing, out to eat, and why?

Old 04-04-2009, 04:55 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,225,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
I would not say it is fear of going by myself, but I feel like everything is a lot better when an experienced is shared with someone. I am not talking about day to day things or going to a bar, I mean the better experiences, like traveling. I don't think I would enjoy traveling on my own, because when the trip is over nobody will be able to relate to my experience.

This thread brings to mind Chris McCandles (the Into The Wild guy) and one of the most poignant moments in the book/film for me was when he came to the conclusion that experience was meant to be shared, that stuck with me.
My feelings exactly. I don't enjoy dining out or movies by myself, because I consider those things more for companionship, i.e., eating breakfast at a coffee shop alone is one thing, but going to a 5-star restaurant for dinner would feel like a waste of time and money.

And I don't mind traveling alone either, but when I find the "good stuff" I want to share the experience with someone.

Old 04-04-2009, 05:40 PM

182 posts, read 502,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Only because sometimes people tend to treat you a little like a freak. You have to explain why you are trying some new thing alone lest you be labeled a "scary loner"
I like to think of myself as a scary loner.

I prefer going places by myself. I never have to worry about someone being bored, miserable, or just complaining in general.

Old 04-05-2009, 02:01 AM

19,386 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
I would not say it is fear of going by myself, but I feel like everything is a lot better when an experienced is shared with someone. I am not talking about day to day things or going to a bar, I mean the better experiences, like traveling. I don't think I would enjoy traveling on my own, because when the trip is over nobody will be able to relate to my experience.

This thread brings to mind Chris McCandles (the Into The Wild guy) and one of the most poignant moments in the book/film for me was when he came to the conclusion that experience was meant to be shared, that stuck with me.
Oh, yeah, I saw that movie. I know the scene you're talking about. Fine time for him to realize it, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships