Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 10:54 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times

Advertisements

People with a lack of integrity and no value of gifts they have been given in life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 11:29 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
I have no problems with mediocrity, however, I find perfectionistic and critical people to be major obstacles and are pests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Mediocrity.

Old 04-05-2009, 12:25 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
The Thing That Annoys You About Most People...

They breathe.

Old 04-05-2009, 12:27 AM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
The Thing That Annoys You About Most People...

They breathe.
Interesting......

Old 04-05-2009, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Interesting......
Are you surprised by this?? Undoubtedly our dear Twinkle has been hanging out with her husband all night

Old 04-05-2009, 12:30 AM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
People with a lack of integrity and no value of gifts they have been given in life.
Interesting post.

I like the part about gifts that they were given.

I believe that we are vessels and our "gifts" are just that gifts. We don't have control over them.

Old 04-05-2009, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Interesting post.

I like the part about gifts that they were given.

I believe that we are vessels and our "gifts" are just that gifts. We don't have control over them.
Every day is a gift and I hate watching people squander it...

Old 04-05-2009, 12:33 AM

1,813 posts, read 2,847,281 times
lack of appreciation of what the person has

Old 04-05-2009, 12:35 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,033,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
people desperately trying to protect their privacy or 'personal space'
Well, that one rates a resounding "huh"? A little more detail?

But, it does relate to something that annoys me: people trying to 'read' you. There is one person I work with who does that incessantly. If you don't walk in with a cheery grin and "tally ho everyone! isn't it a wonderful day!" she makes it her mission to find out what is wrong, even when told that it's none of her business. Therein follows a line of 20 questions: didn't you sleep well; did you have a fight with your spouse; maybe your iron level is low - here, take one of my One-A-Days. If you do walk in and have a cheerful manner, she wants to know what happened that made you happy - even to the extent of *smirking* and saying "boy, I bet you had some great sex before work, didn't you?"

It really makes you want to break out the duct tape for her mouth and then tie her to a chair and leave her in the closet until the end of the day

Old 04-05-2009, 02:12 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,033,385 times
(Sorry, I don't like making two posts, but when I tried to edit the previous post time ran out )

People who can't accept your life choices.

We were transplanted from the Midwest to the Southeast two decades ago. At the time, it really wasn't a choice; more dictated by circumstances (the economy. sound familiar?) Now, we love it here. Yet, going back to visit family, we encounter some who just can't imagine that we like living in a totally different part of the country, far from family. It's always "boy, I bet you miss your folks" (ummm, not really. we see them often enough and actually appreciate the time more because it's rare). "Well, That Place is sure nothing like your home town. C'mon, I just BET you miss a lot of things! And besides, how can you leave your poor mother back here on her own?" (The woman has another son and a whole herd of grandkids to dote on! They keep her quite busy).

And then there's the decision to be childfree. Oh lord. Spouse and I are 59 and 49, respectively. We never wanted kids; never regret not having kids. Yet there are people who insist that we must regret our decision; that if we had it to do over again we would have had kids; that our lives must be empty and without value because we never had kids. Oy, I should have dropped a dollar in a jar for every person (in real life and online) whom I ever had to deal with over that issue. We'd have a large sum of money
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships