Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 05:38 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
I'm guessing your girlfriends are all in their 30's now right? that makes sense. Rewind the clock 10 years or so for a vastly different answer.
My girlfriends are mostly early 20s to early 30s. There are a few on the 'nerd trend' train (which apparently means wearing thick glasses and watching 2 episodes of Doctor Who, but I digress), but for the most part we've always been into sci-fi or 'sciencey' stuff, especially engineering and flight, play a lot of video and board games etc.

Maybe I just know a weird group of women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 05:59 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
charlie brown???

Old 08-08-2012, 06:09 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
What I'd define as a good man.

A man who steps into a leader role in his household but leads with love and care and considers his family before himself.
A man who is not scared to go after what he wants but wont sell his soul to get there.
A man who holds himself responsible for his decisions and actions.
A man who wants to give back and does not forget where he came from and who helped him to get out of there.
A man who has enough sense to know when something ain't working and either switches it up or takes his ball and goes home.
I like this list - good job

Old 08-08-2012, 06:11 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,401,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I like this list - good job
You just like cheese, mountains of it.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:12 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,689,401 times
i only can offer # 3 and 4 and have only resolved half of #1(im not a leader type). i barely pass the test!!

Old 08-08-2012, 06:35 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,617,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
And seriously, what is with the obsession with money by men on this forum? I have yet to meet a single decent woman that demanded her boyfriend/husband make a ton of money... they just want him to be able to support himself, just as men should expect the women they date to support themselves as well.
Very true.

But some of us have ran into women who wanted to stay at home and eat donuts all day (first wife, oops)

Old 08-08-2012, 06:47 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
And seriously, what is with the obsession with money by men on this forum?
They need an excuse for why they can't get dates.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:01 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Would you at least make SOME effort to quit generalizing all the time?

"All American men" do NOT want foreign women OR always try to sell women BS.

Saying this kind of stuff is not only inaccurate, but inflammatory and insulting to the many good men reading here.

Please stop.

are you satisfied now that you did your weekly PSA on behalf of the men on the board?

anyways, I was mocking what SO many of them say on here, on a regular basis about American women being no good and foreign women being better, etc. etc. or didn't you bother noticing that gets said a lot on here? probably not.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:10 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
Very true.

But some of us have ran into women who wanted to stay at home and eat donuts all day (first wife, oops)
Oh, I have no doubts about that, I've come across a few here and there as well. What always surprises me is that men are often perfectly ok with the women wanting to stay home but when push comes to shove, they ***** and complain about it after the fact.

But, was that really her fault, or are you at fault for choosing her and marrying her? I blame myself fully for the stupid mistakes I've made with choosing to be with both of my exes. They were jerks, and I was mostly responsible for being with them, I could have and should have walked away. It's amazing how many red flags one will overlook when they think they're 'in love'.
]
I am now Spock with a dash of Picard regarding relationships...logical and slightly sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
They need an excuse for why they can't get dates.
I suppose. It seems the type of woman that demands a high salary wouldn't be the type of woman they want to be with anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships