Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 11:04 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times

Advertisements

Sometimes I think it would be so easy if I could just chat to that cute checkout girl, or strike up some conversation with a girl at the bus stop - actually I've kinda done both, but not really chatting up, just making polite conversation.

Anyway, I'm wondering if, like in the movies, you saw someone - just a stranger in public - you were so enamored with you just HAD to give it a shot? Not a familiar place like a bar or church, but on the bus, at the supermarket, at the park, somewhere like that.

Success stories would be encouraging too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 11:06 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
Oh, I talk to everybody. It's just not that big a deal. Of course, it helps that I have a larger-the-life personality. People just want to touch the hem of my garments wherever I go.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:05 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,342,445 times
Many times I have been in this position.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:07 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,047,807 times
I talk to everyone. I'm like a fart in a windstorm. However, there have been numerous times when I *thought* I was having conversations with people in bathroom stalls, only to find out they weren't talking to ME - they were on a damn cell phone! I was answering their questions and comments though.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:28 PM

36,423 posts, read 16,036,192 times
Here and other places, I talk to everyone!! Strangers mostly!

Old 04-15-2009, 04:47 PM

2,751 posts, read 5,365,047 times
I don't know about chatting up, but I once got a beautiful girl's telephone # while we were driving alongside each other on the Harbor Freeway in L.A.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:53 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,031,690 times
This guy chatted me up once at the Post Office..

Old 04-15-2009, 05:04 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,047,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post
I don't know about chatting up, but I once got a beautiful girl's telephone # while we were driving alongside each other on the Harbor Freeway in L.A.
This reminds me of something we used to do!!! My friends and I used to make these signs with 8"X5" cards and tongue depressors (the tongue depressor was the handle, which we glued to the card). We had numbers on these signs that we could "rate" people with. We also glued a dog bone to one of them, if we ran across someone who just didn't rate a "1". We also had our phone numbers on these cards, so if we saw someone really hot, we would flash them the sign with one of our phone numbers on it. They would call us, and a lot of times we would be driving next to each other having a conversation on our cell phones. Oh, the fun we used to have!!!

Old 04-15-2009, 05:32 PM

2,751 posts, read 5,365,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
This reminds me of something we used to do!!! My friends and I used to make these signs with 8"X5" cards and tongue depressors (the tongue depressor was the handle, which we glued to the card). We had numbers on these signs that we could "rate" people with. We also glued a dog bone to one of them, if we ran across someone who just didn't rate a "1". We also had our phone numbers on these cards, so if we saw someone really hot, we would flash them the sign with one of our phone numbers on it. They would call us, and a lot of times we would be driving next to each other having a conversation on our cell phones. Oh, the fun we used to have!!!
Maybe it was you or one of your friends I went out with, then. Is it too late to apologize for my behavior on our first date?

Nah, actually she didn't have a card with her phone # already on it. That would have made it a lot easier. We were actually flying, both doing over 60 with cars behind us. She mouthed the number and I scrambled to get it down on a magazine I had on the front seat. My first pen didn't work. She was the exact opposite of what some might think. A very old fashioned girl as it turned out, who was rebelling against an impending forced marriage.

But I know what you mean. Fun! Nothin' but. I miss my single days.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:33 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,437,376 times
The doctor's office with the doctor. He chatted me up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships