Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 04:03 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,345,835 times

Advertisements

Why do women nag? Please explain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 04:13 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,869,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Do you have to ask? (nag?) or.. Why don't you listen?(nag?)...or Can you please turn off the tv so we can talk about it? (nag)...Well there is some of it. How about this; the reasons we nag at times:

Drops dirty socks beside the hamper and can't quite seem to ever get them inside the hamper.

Falls asleep with remote balancing on stomach, snoring so the neighbors are complaining and when we try to take the remote...wakes up immediately.

Wet towels on bathroom floor

Garbage overflowing and has to be reminded to take it out.

OH...the all American best one ever...LEAVES TOILET SEAT UP...although I have a large enough posterior end so this doesn't bother ME (don't fall through), my sister's husband is notorious for this one and she DOES fall through.

Leaves coffee cups all over the house..on glass shelves...grrrrrrrr.

I am sure there are more but if you guys would listen the first time we mention something like socks outside the hamper or toilet seats that are up maybe we wouldn't mention it again??? OH...I get it.....you just want to watch us bend over to pick up the socks...ahhh what a view or you are perhaps getting a good laugh watch us trying to bail our butts out of the tolilet after we fall thru and hit that cold water???? HMMMMM???

Old 04-17-2009, 04:34 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,586,105 times
I do alot of the things that Conn. Pam mentioned. My wife does not nag too often. My marriage may have issues that need to be worked on, but luckily I can't add that to the list.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:50 AM

36,430 posts, read 16,041,106 times
We don't think the same way. That's it! What bothers us doesn't bother you, therefore Nag!!

Old 04-17-2009, 06:16 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,560,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
We don't think the same way. That's it! What bothers us doesn't bother you, therefore Nag!!
In our family, my husband is the one who nags. My experience is the more particular person will be the nagger. I'm a go with the flow kind of person. I really don't care if a dish is left in the sink but my husband will nag if one is. He'll nag if he thinks it's been too long since I mopped the floors, or someone left a towel on the bathroom floor, or the trash needs to be taken out, or the bed's not made, etc, etc, etc....

We're in for a major nag session on Sunday. It's spring break and the only thing I've worked on is schoolwork. Come Sunday, he'll be on a real rant because the house isn't spotless. He'll point out all the things I didn't do and all the time I had to do them. If he had it his way, the maid would visit every day and keep everything spit polished. I figure housework is a waste of time because you just have to do it again tomorrow.

I don't think nagging is a gender thing so much as a not feeling you're getting what you want out of a relationship thing. I don't expect much from my relationships so I don't have to nag. My husband expects a lot and nags when he doesn't get it.

I suppose I could save myself some grief and actually clean the house today. But it's sunny and my bike is calling and my daughter wants to go see a movie and kids grow up so fast....

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 04-17-2009 at 06:39 AM..

Old 04-17-2009, 06:30 AM

1,492 posts, read 7,716,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
My guess is the same reason men constantly nag.

Old 04-17-2009, 06:39 AM

36,575 posts, read 30,900,697 times
Pams got it down! I hate having to say please dont make me B....ch. Why do women have to continually ask men to do certain things or not do certain things like you guys a 4 year old.

I am greatful that my bf never leaves the seat up.

Old 04-17-2009, 06:42 AM

78,472 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Pams got it down! I hate having to say please dont make me B....ch. Why do women have to continually ask men to do certain things or not do certain things like you guys a 4 year old.

I am greatful that my bf never leaves the seat up.
I've gotten in some bad habits with an all guy household.
Things like just always leaving the seats up....wandering in, not closing the door etc.
Caught myself almost peeing in-front of mother-in-law during last visit then remembered to shut the door. lol.

Old 04-17-2009, 06:47 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,345,835 times
I leave the seat up and the wife NEVER nagged me about it. So what's the big issue with the toilet seat?

Old 04-17-2009, 06:48 AM

36,575 posts, read 30,900,697 times
Quote:
I've gotten in some bad habits with an all guy household.
Things like just always leaving the seats up....wandering in, not closing the door etc.
Caught myself almost peeing in-front of mother-in-law during last visit then remembered to shut the door. lol.
LOL. I have lived with all guys since I left home. Husband or bf, 2 sons, 2 grandsons, brother and newphews. There are few female in my family. I wouldnt even notice if a guy whipped it out and peed in front of me. Men have no shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships