Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 01:01 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,001,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
These days, honesty doesn't get you very far, unless of course you are looking for, "the one."
So, honesty is, what, a vehicle? Where, exactly, is it supposed to get you? What ever happened to honesty for honesty's sake? Or is that just something that sounds good when you're trying to impress? I dunno, I'm asking. You tell me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 01:02 AM

52,214 posts, read 52,642,422 times
Easy girls....

Not sure what to think here. Do I like easy girls. Maybe. Do I like prude girls. No.

I really don't like prude women because they are denying life. I don't like women that don't enjoy food either, same reason.

Do I like sluts, not sure, isn't that just a label our society applies????

I do think on some level "easy" girls are probably lacking some basic man "attention" issues. Maybe I'm wrong, don't know.

I'm vacillating on this question, as I can't seem to come up with a real answer.

Old 04-19-2009, 01:10 AM

49 posts, read 200,371 times
Depends how you define easy.

Girls who like sex are often considered "easy" by general society, but I think that's really unfair. Some people are just sexual creatures.

To me, easy is a girl who sleeps with people she barely knows, and more importantly, with many guys.

I had a female friend I was involved with and we started having sex within one week of first getting intimate. I didn't view her as easy, because we knew each other for a while so it wasn't just anyone. But if I started dating a woman I never knew up to then and she tried to have sex immediately, I would probably be turned off because you know she's been like that with every guy she dated.

I like women who reserve their sexuality and don't flaunt it openly, but are not prudes with guys they like. You know, that whole "lady on the streets but a freak in the sheets" thing, ha ha

Old 04-19-2009, 01:48 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,898,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrister85 View Post
... I would probably be turned off because you know she's been like that with every guy she dated.
How exactly would you know that?

Old 04-19-2009, 01:50 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,631,657 times
Umm, well I don't know, everyone has their opinions. I'm not the type to move THAT slowly. I don't like moving that fast, it makes me a little bit uncomfortable, but I've noticed there are some very different standards. I used to think people waited months and months, then I heard things like, "Three dates and you're a ****, five and you're a prude," or that most girls sleep with a guy on the third date or fourth date, from different sources, and then I thought wow that's fast, I mean jeez that's awesome, you only have to go on a few dates with a girl you barely know and you're already having sex with her, god bless! haha.

But at the same time I cannot blame that mentality because I terminate anything after the first date if I'm not happy with the girl, and I'm very very hard to please. I do not see many second dates because I just am not interested enough, usually physically she's not good looking enough, or I don't have enough in common, or she said a few things I find too mediocre to tolerate, etc. So if I make it to a third, fourth date, etc., then yeah I want to do something.

And I am not into the innocent girl kind of thing at all. It's fun if she's sort of innocent at first, my current gf was like that, but she was very open-minded as well. That's a huge plus. I don't want to date a girl who basically thinks sex consists of missionary position and that's it. In fact in general I get very bored if it's just sex involved, I mean I think couples like that are just boring, lifeless, don't know how they manage to think that's fun every time. There is a lot more to do than that. I can't tolerate girls who are that boring. So I want to figure out the sexual stuff quick enough not to have sunk too much time into her.

Also I suppose as long as it's been talked about it's ok, but what if I dated a girl for 6 weeks or something, then she's like, "Oh goodness no, haha, no I'd never give head." Uhh yeah, no, you're done. So if I didn't ask questions like that fairly early, not saying super early that's just awkward, then I would waste too much time on a girl where there's no long-term potential or short-term potential whatsoever.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:12 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,870,120 times
I wish there were more of them! they are actually rarities, they have their worth in gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-19-2009, 08:00 AM

5 posts, read 52,191 times
MEN...We rarely value what we get for free. Women are not to be leased !! If you think she is good enough for you to shed fluid on, then she should be good enough to marry. Any good man out there....trust me...it pays to wait.
You don't want to be at your wedding and see a dozen women with whom you've slept with along the line. If you can't zip it in now ..you won't whilst your married. You can take that to the bank.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:08 AM

2,412 posts, read 7,176,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
Guys, are you reading this? This is exactly why you don't want to be nice to women or be their friend. If you are their friend they won't have sex with you because they don't want to hurt your feelings. However, take note, if she has no emotional attachment for you she is more likely to bang you....if you are the a-hole, you will get laid....
There's a lot of truth here, killer2021.

FWIW, when I was dating I certainly did NOT think that if a gal was easy that I would not date her. The question was how much fun she was, how well we got along, etc. Hopping in the sack quickly was a bonus, definitely NOT a deal breaker as far as I was concerned. I had friends who thought likewise: a roommate and best friend married a gal he slept with on their first date.

My attitude is that sex is a heckuva lot of fun and there's nothing wrong with consenting adults wanting to do it. I definitely was not, and am not, one to be bashful about sex due to out-dated social conventions or cramped ways of thinking.

But as killer2021 points out, AppleCherry, the (rather common) double standard that you have outlined for giving up the goods provides an incentive for men to treat women poorly. Of course, this double standard is a natural byproduct of the "madonna/wh***" double standard that women face. What a sordid mess...

Last edited by professorsenator; 04-19-2009 at 08:34 AM..

Old 04-19-2009, 08:09 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,508,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
How do I feel about easy girls? Uneasy.
you said it all

Old 04-19-2009, 08:19 AM

930 posts, read 2,422,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleCherry View Post
Be honest.

I have a mental rule that if I'm genuinely interested/attracted to guy and want to have a relationship with him, then I keep things slow on the sexual front.

If it's a guy that I don't really care about, I'm not as restrained (even though I use that term loosely because in general, I'm not the promiscuous type at all).

Is it true that once a guy knows he can get sex from a girl easy, he'll never see her as girlfriend material?

Sorry, if this topic has been discussed to death!
Do you see sex as something a woman gives and a man takes?

Your question would indicate that you do. Unless you think men are "easy" too, which you don't mention. There are many women with that view, and I think it leads to a pathetic string of failed relationships. And a woman who thinks like that before she marries will think like that after.

I have seen women who wanted a 3 carat diamond ring before she would unzip the "goldmine" she had in her pants. That worked fine when she was in her 30s and 40s and hot. But one day that gold mine became just another hole in the ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships