Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 09:16 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,310,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
My wife was gaping at another man so I smacked her in the mouth, pushed a bowl of pudding in her face and drove off and left her stranded in the middle of nowhere.

Sound about right? I didn't think so.

Why is it OK for all these women here to urge violence against men (especially for such a lame "offense")?

I think that says something negative not only about the women here but also about society in general.
I don't generally hear about guys complaining that their women are staring at other men.

In most of these types of scenarios, the guys are jealous and suspicious of their women. Instead of complaining on an internet board, they go ahead and give them a few black eyes and a punch to the pregnant abdomen, causing miscarriage... while he storms out of the house and goes to a strip bar. Sounds a bit soap opera-like but happens all the time.

That is why women joke about spontaneous violence towards the men. Precisely for the reason that it doesn't often happen (though sometimes we wish it would happen... in fantasy justice land), and therefore it is somewhat comedic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 09:33 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Yes, I'm quite sure.

Her (2mares) post quote: "Next time pick up your steak knife and jab it in his thigh. Tell him next time he will be loosing an eye."

Just doesn't sound too sane to me. But I could be wrong, I have been wrong about the sanity of others on this forum. The OP's first post sounded more like a rant. I darn well don't stare at other women, and I don't think other guys should either, but come on, an exaggeration is still an exaggeration. You think he waited until after they got married to start this, or do you think she just wouldn't let him out of the house? There are always two sides to every story. I don't believe is as bad as she has portrayed. If it is, I feel sorry for both of them...
This thread is an erected old thread to start. I'm sure who ever posted months ago or a year ago is not in any kind of space over it. Second, I have a hard time buying into folk putting up with that kind of crap. This is the net after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
pushed a bowl of pudding in her face and drove off and left her stranded in the middle of nowhere.

Sound about right?
Sounds pretty good to me, tho, I'm partial to the wet sock slap.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:44 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Sounds pretty good to me, tho, I'm partial to the wet sock slap.
Put a baseball in the sock. It works a lot better, especially on the kids.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:19 AM

848 posts, read 1,952,868 times
This is a bad marriage. Get out of it.

I can't believe the responses that encourage childish retaliatory behavior, essentially complicating and escalating a bad situation.

Leave now. Really. Get it over with and move on with your life.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:15 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,197 times
Do your research, it happens more often than you might think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
That is why women joke about spontaneous violence towards the men. Precisely for the reason that it doesn't often happen (though sometimes we wish it would happen... in fantasy justice land), and therefore it is somewhat comedic.
Oh, and to a former victim, I think you'll find there's nothin "comedic" about spousal abuse.

I'm sure all those DV victims are out there smiling heartily at the thought of all the misery they've suffered.

NOT.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:02 AM

132 posts, read 304,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
If you are otherwise happy in your relationship, why would it matter that your partner ogles the opposite sex from time to time? YOU'RE the one he/she picked. I find it flattering to think that my guy sees all sorts of beautiful women but has chosen me. So if he wants to gaze at a pretty woman, that's okay. (So long as he eventually turns his gaze back to me!) I do my share of checking out good looking men, even though I have no desire whatsoever to actually "be" with them.
That's how men and women are different. A habit of staring down other women in a blatant way is a problem. Sure, he married you and comes home to you but does that mean he then has a right to disrespect you in public? Obviously men have eyes to look, but its the how he is looking that is the issue. While as a female you have no desire to be with the men you may glance at and admire men DO want to be with the women they're oogling in a sexual way. She's going in his spank bank and that's why he's getting a good look.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:32 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,632 times
Next time you see a good looking man,....flirt with him, stare at him....give him a taste of his own medicine. Maybe it will make him realise that this is hurtful behaviour.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:57 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,691,367 times
(Haven't read the entire thread)

He sounds like an awful person. If he is going to look at other women (everyone looks), he should have the decency to be discreet.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:00 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,283,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey412 View Post
I know this one event doesn't warrant such a reaction on its own... but I think it was the last straw in my situation.

I married him, flaws and all, because I thought he adored me and found me to be so beautiful and talented. No man in my life had lifted me up the way that he did. I felt that he taught me some valuable things about life... I really looked up to him. I felt like I meant everything to him (in the beginning). There were tons of tiny red flags, but nothing that seemed blatantly hurtful, malicious or calculated. Everything he has ever done has been a "misunderstanding", "miscommunication" or just "one of his many cute little quirks". I've always defended him and given him the benefit of the doubt.

After watching him crane his neck (which has been bothering him for months and he complains about it daily... "please rub my neck! it hurts so bad!!"... funny how it cleared right up) to stare at her and then to try and cover it up... it dawned on me... he was telling a little story like always. It had the same format... cover it up, make excuses, lie then change the subject... apologize and take the blame if you have to to smooth it over. It's from the book "how to win friends and influence people". I must finish reading it.

In a way, I'm so glad that this happened so I can see through it all now. I feel like an idiot for believing him for so long. I didn't think he was smart enough to draft such elaborate lies, wow, I was wrong.

There is a laundry list of contradictions and hurtful "misunderstandings" over the years, I won't bore everyone with the details. The common denominator is that he doesn't respect me, my energy or my time. If I need something or he promises me something, he never does it but has a brilliant excuse as to why he can't do it... but he jumps any time a friend needs him or if he needs something done for himself. I've become the afterthought.

I think he married me for my boobs and now those aren't keeping him occupied any more. ha.

Have a lot of decisions to make... but for now... I'm not wearing my rings.
I don't agree with the bold section. Just because you aren't happy at the moment, doesn't mean you should stop wearing your rings. I'm assuming you stopped wearing them, because your husband isn't respecting you, and hope you get approached by a guy that will lift your emotional spirits. Two wrongs don't make a right here.

Address the issue to your husband and tell him that it bothers you. Put a timeline in place or open up communication to try and alleviate this problem. Over time, if the problem persist, than maybe it's time to possibly discuss divorce. I just hate the idea of my husband or wife is treating me like crap, so I'm going to get even by not wearing my rings. In the end, you're trying what you can to get back at them.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:37 PM

904 posts, read 1,382,054 times
True story:

Last spring we were at an orchestra concert at my son's high school. Being Spring the clothes were becoming a bit more interesting to look at and one woman walked across the auditorium in an amazing dress with amazing shoes. She was a knockout. Of course I looked, but was discrete about it. A bit later the woman walked the other way and my wife saw her and said "Did you see THAT!" I said "of course, she walked by earlier!" her response "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME TO LOOK!"

Ladies, guys are going to look. Some are better at hiding it than others. Gentlemen, gals are going to look. They're generally far better at hiding it than us guys are. If you don't think that your significant other is looking at attractive specimens of the opposite gender, or even the same gender, you're naive and kidding yourself. If you believe that this is insensitive or abusive or wrong, you're going to be living in a world of hurt feelings. Get over it. If he or she is spending their life with you, not cheating on you and enjoying your company, the fact that they are enjoying the scenery means nothing other than they have an appreciation for the beauty of nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships