Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 10:51 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
Doesn't matter that she didn't make the vow. If she knew he was married and chose to sleep with him, she's just as guilty. She could have ended it at any time, same with the husband.

As for the lawyer, that depends on the state. Adultery is still punishable in some states. There's no real loophole to use. You can say she didn't know he was married, but ignorance and naivety are not excuses.
Like I said, from a LEGAL viewpoint she might be found guilty, but from a personal viewpoint, I think she is not EQUALLY guilty, since she didn't promise anything. Karmically, though, I do believe she would be punished. And of course, the wife knows she is not trustworthy now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 10:59 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,649,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Like I said, from a LEGAL viewpoint she might be found guilty, but from a personal viewpoint, I think she is not EQUALLY guilty, since she didn't promise anything. Karmically, though, I do believe she would be punished. And of course, the wife knows she is not trustworthy now.
Just because you can get away with it legally doesn't make it ethical.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:00 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
It isn't necessary to promise anything to have ethical integrity, and make good choices.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:01 AM

116 posts, read 153,460 times
Quote:
Why do you think she's not equally guilty, given that she has just as much power to end the wrongdoing at any time as the cheating husband does?

The question of who made a vow to whom or not is irrelevant. If you're doing wrong, and know you're doing wrong, every minute that you choose to continue doing wrong is on you, not the person you're doing wrong with, or anyone else. It's really quite simple.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Just because you can get away with it legally doesn't make it ethical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
It isn't necessary to promise anything to have ethical integrity, and make good choices.

It is unethical. No one is arguing that. What I am trying to say is that if someone YOU love promises to protect you and never hurt you, you are trusting them that this will be the case, otherwise you wouldn't have gotten married. But if this person breaks this promise and hurts you anyway, the other person could have been anybody for all that mattered. The person who lied and broke your heart is the mate. The other person has no power over your emotions. The other person doesn't even matter in the big picture of your husband's betrayal. Were they an accessory? Yes, probably. But it was YOUR husband who decided to break your trust with whoever.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA-LA-LA View Post
Why do you think she's not equally guilty, given that she has just as much power to end the wrongdoing at any time as the cheating husband does?

The question of who made a vow to whom or not is irrelevant. If you're doing wrong, and know you're doing wrong, every minute that you choose to continue doing wrong is on you, not the person you're doing wrong with, or anyone else. It's really quite simple.
Because she's a nobody to you. She could have been ANYBODY. HE is the one who is hurting you. Otherwise it would just be 2 people nobody knows out in the street.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:09 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,747 times
Quote:
Because she's a nobody to you. She could have been ANYBODY. HE is the one who is hurting you. Otherwise it would just be 2 people nobody knows out in the street.

And who is HE doing it with? Certainly not himself.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:11 AM

116 posts, read 153,460 times
Quote:
The person who lied and broke your heart is the mate. The other person has no power over your emotions. The other person doesn't even matter in the big picture of your husband's betrayal. Were they an accessory? Yes, probably. But it was YOUR husband who decided to break your trust with whoever.
But he wouldn't have been able to betray and break the wife's trust, had the Other Woman turned him down flat. Sure, he might've just moved on to the next likely target, but what if she had the backbone and decency to turn him down, too?

The wife may have a more personal basis for anger and resentment toward the husband, but I still stand by my opinion and statement that once the Other Woman becomes aware the man is married and still chooses to have a relationship with him, she's every bit as guilty as he is for the affair and, if it continues, for the eventual destruction of a marriage and family.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:12 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA-LA-LA View Post
but I still stand by my opinion and statement that once the Other Woman becomes aware the man is married and still chooses to have a relationship with him, she's every bit as guilty as he is for the affair and, if it continues, for the eventual destruction of a marriage and family.

Well said. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
And who is HE doing it with? Certainly not himself.

Say your husband promises you $1000.00 for a Spring vacation. When Spring comes along, the money is gone. You ask him where it's at and he tells you that he spent it with his buddies last weekend. Who are you going to blame for the money loss? Your husband or his buddies? By the way, his buddies enjoyed every last dime your husband gave them. Who would you blame?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships