Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 11:17 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,447,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA-LA-LA View Post
But he wouldn't have been able to betray and break the wife's trust, had the Other Woman turned him down flat. Sure, he might've just moved on to the next likely target, but what if she had the backbone and decency to turn him down, too?

The wife may have a more personal basis for anger and resentment toward the husband, but I still stand by my opinion and statement that once the Other Woman becomes aware the man is married and still chooses to have a relationship with him, she's every bit as guilty as he is for the affair and, if it continues, for the eventual destruction of a marriage and family.
Well, I can't change your opinion obviously. Next!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 11:18 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,511,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Say your husband promises you $1000.00 for a Spring vacation. When Spring comes along, the money is gone. You ask him where it's at and he tells you that he spent it with his buddies last weekend. Who are you going to blame for the money loss? Your husband or his buddies? By the way, his buddies enjoyed every last dime your husband gave them. Who would you blame?

No relevance. Your husband is the one that spent it. His buddies didn't take the money out of his pocket and blow it. His buddies brought their own money.

The woman on the other hand, knows the other guy is married. She is obligated not to have an affair with him. She is party to adultery.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:18 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,651,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
Well said. Couldn't have put it better myself.
Ditto.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:20 AM

I'd say there's a pretty good chance the women defending the woman in this case(shocking I know ) were mistresses themselves. The woman is equally at fault. There's no getting around it.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:22 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,629,059 times
Quote:
Like I said, from a LEGAL viewpoint she might be found guilty, but from a personal viewpoint, I think she is not EQUALLY guilty, since she didn't promise anything. Karmically, though, I do believe she would be punished.
I don't get this whole "karma" thing that keeps being brought up, so maybe someone can explain it to me. Are you saying that if someone does something wrong, eventually something bad will happen to them because of "karma"? If that's the case, is the spouse who's being cheated on also maybe receiving a dose of "karma" for something wrong that they did? Bad things happen to both good and bad people, so I just don't understand where "karma" comes into play. I guess I just don't really believe that what goes around always comes around. Maybe it will, maybe it won't.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I don't get this whole "karma" thing that keeps being brought up, so maybe someone can explain it to me. Are you saying that if someone does something wrong, eventually something bad will happen to them because of "karma"? If that's the case, is the spouse who's being cheated on also maybe receiving a dose of "karma" for something wrong that they did? Bad things happen to both good and bad people, so I just don't understand where "karma" comes into play. I guess I just don't really believe that what goes around always comes around. Maybe it will, maybe it won't.
Yeah they'll get their Karma in the form of crabs.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Yeah they'll get their Karma in the form of crabs.

Or the gift that keeps on giving.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:26 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,447,051 times
Quote:
No relevance. Your husband is the one that spent it. His buddies didn't take the money out of his pocket and blow it. His buddies brought their own money.

The woman on the other hand, knows the other guy is married. She is obligated not to have an affair with him. She is party to adultery.
You changed my story. The husband spent $1000 on his buddies. His buddies were lowlifes who were just along for the ride and didn't spend any of their own money. Your husband is just really generous with his buds. However, his buds did ask him where he got the money since they know he's not rich or anything, and he told them that it was your birthday present. And not one of them said he was out. They blew his money and YOUR money. Who is at fault here?

Old 09-02-2011, 11:26 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,216,209 times
Quote:
He sounds like he could give lessons here on CD to all the guys who need help.
Absolutely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Oh, she was married too, but they were living apart so she could carry on this affair. She was invited over for what she thought was a Christmas Party only to discover - oopsy it was an engagement party for my dad and his second wife. Oh, that was priceless and she still stayed with him, so we aren't talking about a bag of brains here.
I see. It makes more sense if she was married.

Is he very good-looking, or just a good BS-er, or both?

Quote:
I'll never forget it for as long as I live.
I don't doubt this at all...

Old 09-02-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Or the gift that keeps on giving.
Yep. And they'll probably get the clap too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships