Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 08:06 PM

468 posts, read 1,220,828 times

Advertisements

Yeah, women have done a number on themselves as a whole. With the rise of feminism (of which some parts have been good) they've forced men to become more submissive than women (otherwise the man ends up accused of any number of things and even in really bad legal trouble!!). Then women wonder, wow, how do I even become submissive because all the female role models in my life are not, compared to their men? And why are all men so lame these days?? Without good role models I'm not sure women can become submissive. BTW this means becoming "more feminine" and not too many women seem to even know what this means.. (it doesn't mean being spacey new-age touchy-feely, either)

One piece of advice I can say.. maybe you won't believe this, though it's true.. since most men are beat-down by pretty much everyone, you gotta go easy at first, and let him learn to be more dominant over time. If you want to become more submissive then you need to encourage your man to make more decisions, and bite your tongue if you disagree. That means: "Time to go to dinner honey, where should we go?" and bite your tongue until he actually decides. When he DOES decide, then you have to reward this behavior: "Ohh, Crab Shack, how did you know I wanted that too! I love your pick!" Over time, if you continue biting your tongue on a variety of types of decisions (not alll the time mind you, if it really matters then speak up! Otherwise let THE MAN decide), then your man will again feel comfortable making decisions for both of you, and you will naturally feel more submissive because he's doing the work. Trouble is, most men are afraid to even offer an opinion these days, because they will get SMACKED DOWN.. by either their women, or their women's uncool men, or their women's friends, or their women's moms, or etc etc.... So men have just learned to "shut up and keep quiet and let her do the talking and deciding", which actually, most women hate and would prefer her man to take charge most of the time.

As for the guy perspective, it's tough these days because the woman goes to the office, she's got to deal with a bunch of ego's, and thus be "the man", and then come home and change roles, so it takes a strong guy these days to make the woman feel submissive (and not many men do). that's life for ya.. and I'm not even talking about sex here, I'm talking about general relationship stuff!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 08:08 PM

44 posts, read 248,696 times
What are women supposed to do with a Man that has no idea how to be a man? What does being a man really mean? Their can be a lot of different answers to that question though.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:09 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,050,321 times
You're crackin' me up, Hippie guy!

Old 04-28-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I don't know very many ladies that are submissive at all,ever.
start spankin the h* out of their a*es and they can switch to sub really quick.. (no I'm not joking either)

Old 04-28-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
You're crackin' me up, Hippie guy!
glad you like me, now get in that kitchen & bake me a pie.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:11 PM

44 posts, read 248,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeSmartHippies View Post
Yeah, women have done a number on themselves as a whole. With the rise of feminism (of which some parts have been good) they've forced men to become more submissive than women (otherwise the man ends up accused of any number of things and even in really bad legal trouble!!). Then women wonder, wow, how do I even become submissive because all the female role models in my life are not, compared to their men? And why are all men so lame these days?? Without good role models I'm not sure women can become submissive. BTW this means becoming "more feminine" and not too many women seem to even know what this means.. (it doesn't mean being spacey new-age touchy-feely, either)

One piece of advice I can say.. maybe you won't believe this, though it's true.. since most men are beat-down by pretty much everyone, you gotta go easy at first, and let him learn to be more dominant over time. If you want to become more submissive then you need to encourage your man to make more decisions, and bite your tongue if you disagree. That means: "Time to go to dinner honey, where should we go?" and bite your tongue until he actually decides. When he DOES decide, then you have to reward this behavior: "Ohh, Crab Shack, how did you know I wanted that too! I love your pick!" Over time, if you continue biting your tongue on a variety of types of decisions (not alll the time mind you, if it really matters then speak up! Otherwise let THE MAN decide), then your man will again feel comfortable making decisions for both of you, and you will naturally feel more submissive because he's doing the work. Trouble is, most men are afraid to even offer an opinion these days, because they will get SMACKED DOWN.. by either their women, or their women's uncool men, or their women's friends, or their women's moms, or etc etc.... So men have just learned to "shut up and keep quiet and let her do the talking and deciding", which actually, most women hate and would prefer her man to take charge most of the time.

As for the guy perspective, it's tough these days because the woman goes to the office, she's got to deal with a bunch of ego's, and thus be "the man", and then come home and change roles, so it takes a strong guy these days to make the woman feel submissive (and not many men do). that's life for ya.. and I'm not even talking about sex here, I'm talking about general relationship stuff!

Thanks for your reply, you have a lot of good points!

Old 04-28-2009, 08:11 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,963,301 times
Dude, I could totally eat myself like a dozen pies right now. I'm so famished man.

Quote:

Old 04-28-2009, 08:14 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,493,426 times
Quote:
lol

Old 04-28-2009, 08:15 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,050,321 times
Quote:
Oh man, what I wouldn't do for some hot buttered dinner rolls right now - the soft kind!!! I gotta go bust some balls now! See ya!

Old 04-28-2009, 08:17 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,610,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Oh man, what I wouldn't do for some hot buttered dinner rolls right now - the soft kind!!! I gotta go bust some balls now! See ya!
thanks alot for reminding me that I can't have my hot buttered balls til tommorow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships