Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 11:03 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,357,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I agree with you; however, "distraction" is a way of life here. Everybody has to always "do" something, preferably a few things at a time! Otherwise they may have to think, God forbid!
sounds like those here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 11:03 PM

468 posts, read 1,220,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I agree with you; however, "distraction" is a way of life here. Everybody has to always "do" something, preferably a few things at a time! Otherwise they may have to think, God forbid!
"Here" where? Where ever you are, you can still do navel gazing. At each others navels if you want. Nah actually I meant metaphorically. In some towns, the only thing to "do" is to have BEERS. Hey, want some BEERS? All right, let's have some BEERS! Hey I know, let's go pick up some BEERS! Let's go on out there yonder and have us some BEERS! Hey how about we drive down to the lake and have some BEERS? Let's get the fishin tackle together and get us some fish at the old hole, bring the BEERS! .....repeat indefinitely... Though that's still more a statement of the people than of the town. If you're hanging out with people who always have to "do" something, then, well, you're hanging out with the wrong people.. Though I must admit finding the right people is sometimes tough in a sea of wrongers.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:05 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,357,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeSmartHippies View Post
"Here" where? Where ever you are, you can still do navel gazing. At each others navels if you want. Nah actually I meant metaphorically. In some towns, the only thing to "do" is to have BEERS. Hey, want some BEERS? All right, let's have some BEERS! Hey I know, let's go pick up some BEERS! Let's go on out there yonder and have us some BEERS! Hey how about we drive down to the lake and have some BEERS? Let's get the fishin tackle together and get us some fish at the old hole, bring the BEERS! .....repeat indefinitely... Though that's still more a statement of the people than of the town. If you're hanging out with people who always have to "do" something, then, well, you're hanging out with the wrong people.. Though I must admit finding the right people is sometimes tough in a sea of wrongers.
yup, that's a good point...
I went as far as to ask, & people got downright huffy about it

Old 04-30-2009, 11:07 PM

103 posts, read 264,327 times
I think you are being very considerate by not expecting him to buy things, it shows you are there for more than materialistic crap, high five. But don't settle....when you went to his place how was he there, a couch potato that pointed toward the bathroom (when you ask where it was), and lit a cigarette?
Or, was he a gentleman, offering you something to drink, making sure you were comfortable etc.?

What is his personality like? don't be with someone just to be with them....

and the car dealer thing...sounds like he already had an appointment, and he wanted to share his new car with you. thats cool.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:08 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeSmartHippies View Post
"Here" where?
I meant this country, but wasn't clear about it because most on the forum know I'm foreign-born.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:13 AM

1,126 posts, read 2,693,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura707 View Post
I found a lot of men thought when you consented to come in their house, they thought you were consenting to a whole lot more. Just be aware that is how some of them think..

also a lot of women believe that when a man invites her to his home he's inviting her to a whole lot more and they often feel being pushed forward. It's a tie between both attitudes, I believe.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:53 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,645,493 times
As I sometimes do, I agree with SierraAZ. I think that a first date (as I've said in similar posts) should be at a coffee shop, where you can chat, it's comfortable, no pressure, etc...
From there, if you have a good vibe, date #2 should be out to dinner or similar, again, if everything is going well, spend some time just talking on the phone and over the internet, now that the ice is broken and all parties are comfie, it's time get to know each other and with no pressure of being in person, it's easier to do this.
I don't like that he dragged you out to a car place to buy a car and then back to his place. Sounds like he's kind of lazy and for me that would be a red flag. He's assuming in such a short time of knowing you that you are just his hangout buddy that he no longer needs to court you and do all the normal dating things.

I'd bring it up if you are really at odds and if you don't like what he has to say, it should be an easy goodbye since you've only known each other a short time.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:03 AM

881 posts, read 2,254,056 times
I can only speak for myself but I wouldn't be happy with that. He sounds kind of lazy... I don't think a man needs to spend a ton of money on me but yeah just going back to his place to sit around so soon would not be cool with me. But hey if you're the home body type then you may think it's no big deal. I rather go out an do something - even if it's cheap or free.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:04 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
It seems that he may be expecting you to just go along with whatever he is doing or wants to do rather than making the effort to figure out what you might like to do. He certainly is nto making an effort to impress you. On the other hand he is showing you what ordinary life with him might be like.

Still if he invites you over to watch him mow the lawn, tell him that you have to wash your hair.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:30 PM

103 posts, read 264,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Still if he invites you over to watch him mow the lawn, tell him that you have to wash your hair.
too funny!!!
ooohhhhh and if he says he needs help doing the dishes or vacuuming, tell him you're wayyyyyyy toooooo busyyyyy
rewiring the electrical in your dog house (for him)!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships