Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 02:02 PM

300 posts, read 735,015 times

Advertisements

The fad of marrying a foreigner has faded in Russia. This idea very popular in 80s and 90s but then Putin's propaganda has worked overtime to plant an idea of extreme patriotism into young heads and it worked. A Russian girl in Russia would be more likely to scoff you off nowadays yearning for her Russian boyfriend. He may be poor, he may be abusive but he's "nash", i.e. he belongs. You'd have a better chance in some of the ex-USSR republics where the sentiment of "I must get out of this country no matter whether dead and stuffed" (in Russian, "hot tushkoi hot chucelom) is still alive and well. Beside Putin's propaganda, many girls came back with the horror stories of their experience, stories picked up by the media, exaggerated, augmented, used well for the cause of keeping the gene fund from vanishing completely.

That's the background and that's the status quo to deal with today.

There are girls who are looking for genuine love, for an opportunity to have a real family, open to moving abroad. Scamsters and those who are really ready to go through this just for papers exist but they are extremely rare. Quite a few girls may be honestly willing to sacrifice quality, lower their standard initially, but you have to realize that, as the years pass by and her perception of you gets adjusted by her new baseline, you will risk losing her if you don't keep yourself above the baseline and that happens all too often.

In any case, just google for "russian bride" and you'll find dozens of agencies that will help you. If you read/write Russian (which you absolutely must if you want to marry a Russian), google for "russian forum" and join the conversation, get to know the ladies, let it happen naturally.

Honestly, after having read what you wrote here, I don't think you got one chance of finding a decent girl. Just a hunch.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:09 PM

930 posts, read 2,423,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decypher View Post
I always thought Russian woman was pretty hot. I want to marry a russian woman between 20-24 years not some old one with a mustasche lol.
Ahhhhh...then why didn't you just say that in your opening post? You are looking for "hot" and young.

Typically guys abandon their search for hot and young among the 200 million US women and try mail order from Russia when they realize that they are gonna have to purchase one. And here you were hoping that Russian women were looking for real love.

Hey, how about instead of pursuing "hot" and young YOU try looking for real love.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:26 PM

21 posts, read 52,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post
Ahhhhh...then why didn't you just say that in your opening post? You are looking for "hot" and young.

Typically guys abandon their search for hot and young among the 200 million US women and try mail order from Russia when they realize that they are gonna have to purchase one. And here you were hoping that Russian women were looking for real love.

Hey, how about instead of pursuing "hot" and young YOU try looking for real love.
I am looking for real love, I'm just 24 years myself so offcourse I want somone in my own age. I just feel the need to settle down and marry and I want to do it with a russian woman.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:28 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,856,278 times
How can anyone trust to marry a person who they don't even know, no matter what nationality they are?

Old 05-03-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaicheg View Post
The fad of marrying a foreigner has faded in Russia. This idea very popular in 80s and 90s but then Putin's propaganda has worked overtime to plant an idea of extreme patriotism into young heads and it worked. A Russian girl in Russia would be more likely to scoff you off nowadays yearning for her Russian boyfriend. He may be poor, he may be abusive but he's "nash", i.e. he belongs. You'd have a better chance in some of the ex-USSR republics where the sentiment of "I must get out of this country no matter whether dead and stuffed" (in Russian, "hot tushkoi hot chucelom) is still alive and well. Beside Putin's propaganda, many girls came back with the horror stories of their experience, stories picked up by the media, exaggerated, augmented, used well for the cause of keeping the gene fund from vanishing completely.

That's the background and that's the status quo to deal with today.

There are girls who are looking for genuine love, for an opportunity to have a real family, open to moving abroad. Scamsters and those who are really ready to go through this just for papers exist but they are extremely rare. Quite a few girls may be honestly willing to sacrifice quality, lower their standard initially, but you have to realize that, as the years pass by and her perception of you gets adjusted by her new baseline, you will risk losing her if you don't keep yourself above the baseline and that happens all too often.

In any case, just google for "russian bride" and you'll find dozens of agencies that will help you. If you read/write Russian (which you absolutely must if you want to marry a Russian), google for "russian forum" and join the conversation, get to know the ladies, let it happen naturally.

Honestly, after having read what you wrote here, I don't think you got one chance of finding a decent girl. Just a hunch.
why? and I aint gonna give up until I do find a decent russian girl thats for shure.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:32 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
put up an add, rich white american looking to get sued after 24 months of wedlock.
must be pretty to apply.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:37 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,856,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
put up an add, rich white american looking to get sued after 24 months of wedlock.
must be pretty to apply.
Well said. I recall a pretty hot foreign wife I worked with that slept with every guy she came across. She got pregnant while her engineer husband was off working in another country for three months. I can imagine what is thoughts were when he came home and found his mail order bride's belly swelling with another mans child?

Old 05-03-2009, 02:49 PM

300 posts, read 735,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decypher View Post
why? and I aint gonna give up until I do find a decent russian girl thats for shure.
Shure?? Hmm. Yeah, that's a "shure" indeed. Let me tell you a Russian legend about messing with stuff you don't have any idea about and not paying attention to an advice you get from people who do know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern Russian Parable
Ivan, a village idiot, was born with a screw-head on his navel. A wise man told him not to mess with the screw no matter what. One day Ivan woke up, and with nothing else to do, picked up a screwdriver and went on twisting that mysterious screw on his navel. It ended up with his ass falling off and there was a message in it: "I told you not to screw with your ass".
Wish you luck in your endeavor, you'll need it bad!

Old 05-03-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaicheg View Post
Shure?? Hmm. Yeah, that's a "shure" indeed. Let me tell you a Russian legend about messing with stuff you don't have any idea about and not paying attention to an advice you get from people who do know.

Wish you luck in your endeavor, you'll need it bad!
hey why do you need to patronise me just because I want to find a russian girl? I am paying attention to the advice I have gotten here and no I don't know that much thats why I made this topic.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:58 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
The way you guys are trivializing Russian women is appalling.

Zaicheg, you're overestimating Putin's input

There are other ways to get a Russian girl. Simply get Russian mafia tattoos, they'll shudder and marry you in a jiff, like some shotgun wedding.

Russian mafia is on a roll in New York and around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships