Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2009, 09:21 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,967,001 times

Advertisements

Why don't you just watch reruns of the golden girls and offer her some doughnuts and beer? That's how real men do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
actually it's chicken fingers and french fries and a cold glass of ocean orange hawaiian punch and some reruns of Three's Company

lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 09:24 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,554,343 times
I'm not sure who, in their right mind, would go to anyone's home on a first date to "get acquainted". You're asking for trouble, man or woman. I call bullsh*t on that whole scenario.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:24 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,048,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
That's why dating is so risky because as the man how are you benefiting? He pays for this and that and ma not even be intimate. Atleast if a woman is coming to your place you know how the evening is going to end
If you're confident then the risk doesn't seem insurmountable, and men are less adverse to risk than women. However, if you are doubtful of your chances of impressing a woman then having to pay causes much consternation. You might not agree with it in principle but you're willing to accept the risk.

That's not to say all confident men agree to pay, but I do think that many men who complain about paying are simply not very confident with women.

Last edited by Jefetio; 05-03-2009 at 09:26 PM.. Reason: brain fart.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:25 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,121,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I'm not sure who, in their right mind, would go to anyone's home on a first date to "get acquainted". You're asking for trouble, man or woman. I call bullsh*t on that whole scenario.
Thank you. I knew you'd agree with me.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:26 PM

I completely agree with this and have learned my lessons.

Quote:

Old 05-03-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
LOL. Really? You gonna lock her in and force her to have sex with ya?
Or is this the part where you pay her and instead end up with her big, bald, burly driver. No money and no honey.
if you know which buttons to push, having a woman in your house has a very high chance of ending in sex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
How are actually able to convince a woman to have a first date at the home of a man she doesn't know? I question her judgement for that. And yours, too. Women have been known to chop up men.
If the woman is someone you've been acquainted with through friends and spent time with in group settings and have good report with, I don't think it's out of the question. This is known as hooking up.

But if you aren't already acquainted, first date at my house? Can you say AWKWARD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Just go dutch on your dates and don't purchase her anything until you get 'super serious' with her.

Charm her, and make her laugh her pants off and then go out dancing. Let the night be fun and exciting. Dating should be fun not some tedious calculus exam.

It's that easy.
dude, aren't you gay?

Old 05-03-2009, 09:36 PM

And that means I have no clue about the dynamics of dating? Why are you getting all angry about this. You should be thankful and appreciative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post

dude, aren't you gay?

Old 05-03-2009, 09:37 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,554,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Thank you. I knew you'd agree with me.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
And that means I have no clue about the dynamics of dating? Why are you getting all angry about this. You should be thankful and appreciative.
I am not getting angry lol. I'm just wondering why a gay man would be giving advice on how to date women. If I want to lay pipe I ask the plumber for advice, not my hairstylist.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:40 PM

I'm not gay anymore. I've been on friend dates with women and they tell me all this junk about dating and what not. I've tried it out on the people I date and it works fine. It's for your own good not to get so enraged and frustrated. have a nice day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
I am not getting angry lol. I'm just wondering why a gay man would be giving advice on how to date women. If I want to lay pipe I ask the plumber for advice, not my hairstylist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships