Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2009, 08:37 PM

37,151 posts, read 42,256,168 times

Advertisements

I got a private message but want to respond here. To me it doesn't matter. In my sons (and husbands, brother, fathers, etc) case it is too late to worry about it and they are all pleased as punch so there isn't even a reason to give it a thought.

Honestly, I don't think it's necessary, I really don't. But I also don't think it's the end of the world if boy gets circumcized, especially someone elses boy. And it sure isn't a 'cause' I care to put any effort into. I'm sorry.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:59 PM

445 posts, read 1,071,791 times
Cut. Sexier and feels nicer.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:02 PM

458 posts, read 1,356,502 times
personally I like cut, I just have a hard time with the "worm" look.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:03 PM

493 posts, read 666,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
why is there never any vag talk around here?
Taboo I guess. Almost everyone thinks penises are quirky and hilarious. Vajayjays not really. Comedy or polite banter seems to have little room for that topic.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:10 PM

445 posts, read 1,071,791 times
..and by the way, I've had conversations, with men that aren't cut, and they've admitted,in not so many words, that they've considered the procedure, as an adult, but not to the point, of actually going thru with it. Almost like a secret "I wish my parents had this done" kind of thing.

When it came time for my son to be circumcised, the lady doctor tried to talk me out of it, I said, NO, I want it done. She was talking about all this, "oh it hurts the baby..blah blah" I mean if it was good enough for babies in biblical times, then it's good enough now. Besides the hygiene benefits, I just don't see the point of the excess skin.

Old 05-23-2009, 10:32 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,693,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon26pdx View Post
Taboo I guess. Almost everyone thinks penises are quirky and hilarious. Vajayjays not really. Comedy or polite banter seems to have little room for that topic.
Why don't Dr.'s trim the Labia, mudflaps,camel toes? doesn't it serve the same purpose?

Old 05-23-2009, 10:34 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,565,760 times
Isn't uncut associated with higher rates of cervical cancer in their partners and transmission of STD's to their partners?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15593753/

"Circumcised males are less likely than their uncircumcised peers to acquire a sexually transmitted infection, the findings of a 25-year study suggest.
According to the report in the November issue of Pediatrics, circumcision may reduce the risk of acquiring and spreading such infections by up to 50 percent, which suggests "substantial benefits" for routine neonatal circumcision."

Here's an article from this year

http://health.usnews.com/articles/he...inst-stds.html

Old 05-23-2009, 10:36 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,565,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Why don't Dr.'s trim the Labia, mudflaps,camel toes? doesn't it serve the same purpose?
Um, no. The external "flaps" on a woman serve the purpose of keeping things out of the vagina we don't want there. It's closed when not in use. Without those folds of skin, every time we went swimming or took a bath, all kinds of stuff could get up there.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:07 AM

23 posts, read 37,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Isn't uncut associated with higher rates of cervical cancer in their partners and transmission of STD's to their partners?

Circumcision cuts STD risk, major study finds - Men's health- msnbc.com

"Circumcised males are less likely than their uncircumcised peers to acquire a sexually transmitted infection, the findings of a 25-year study suggest.
According to the report in the November issue of Pediatrics, circumcision may reduce the risk of acquiring and spreading such infections by up to 50 percent, which suggests "substantial benefits" for routine neonatal circumcision."

Here's an article from this year

Circumcision Guards Against STDs - US News and World Report
Again, this really doesn't "prove" anything other than the fact that unprotected sex with multiple partners is a bad idea. Regardless of what year the article was published, that doesn't make the case any stronger.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:09 AM

23 posts, read 37,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscogeeButterfly View Post
..and by the way, I've had conversations, with men that aren't cut, and they've admitted,in not so many words, that they've considered the procedure, as an adult, but not to the point, of actually going thru with it. Almost like a secret "I wish my parents had this done" kind of thing.

When it came time for my son to be circumcised, the lady doctor tried to talk me out of it, I said, NO, I want it done. She was talking about all this, "oh it hurts the baby..blah blah" I mean if it was good enough for babies in biblical times, then it's good enough now. Besides the hygiene benefits, I just don't see the point of the excess skin.
So a 2,000 year old practice that has no direct benefit is a good idea, because a couple people you talked to agreed? Cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships