Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2009, 01:17 PM

300 posts, read 735,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Circumcision is not some sort of frivolous cosmetic surgery like having a neck lift or nose job. And no one gets it done on their sons to make them have a more attractive looking penis.
Those BS studies about the benefits of circumcision were debunked plenty of times, but the medical businesses keep funding those to justify extra hospital charges doing this legalized infant mutilation. This is so backwards, so barbaric but just try asking your senator to outlaw it.

As of the studies, as it was pointed out many times, the only way to conduct them would be:
  • Having 2 professional statisticians in the team to verify each other's math.
  • Having a control group circumcized men not having unprotected sex (watch them every second that they comply or house them on uninhabited island with every participant checked out half a year before) and another control group of uncircumcised men not having unprotected sex.
  • Having one group of circumcised men and another group of circumcised men to have unprotected sex with select cream-of-the-crop HIV-infected partners.
The count of participants in each group should be in tens of thousands. Only then you may have any meaningful results to crunch the numbers on, only this degree of precision has a chance of being taking seriously.

Even those BS studies didn't turn up conclusive, therefore the American Academy of Pediatrics and and AMA do not recommend neonatal circumcision stopping shortly from recommending banning it altogether.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:40 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaicheg View Post
Those BS studies about the benefits of circumcision were debunked plenty of times, but the medical businesses keep funding those to justify extra hospital charges doing this legalized infant mutilation. This is so backwards, so barbaric but just try asking your senator to outlaw it.
I'll bet that you are big on other conspiracy theories too.

And how can you describe a simple surgical procedure that is done in a hospital under sanitary conditions barbaric? We are not talking about using a machete while operating in a straw hut with a dirt floor. As to infant mutilation, I find my boyfriend's cut penis quite attractive.

And in the big picture, what I think doesn't really matter. I'm not having kids, and I've got a great boyfriend that happens to be cut. And there's not a chance in hell of my dating any of the uncut men in here, including you... so your posts and mine aren't that important.

But at least in this thread, it's clear that some women prefer cut men, others prefer uncut men and some don't care. Just as some guys prefer skinny women to those that are plump. It's all about personal preferences.

And if you are so into being natural, how do you feel about women who never shave any of their body hair?

Old 05-24-2009, 01:46 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
This thread makes me wonder about something... If some women have a strong preference about it (and those usually happen to be the ones who insist on a long period of getting to know each other before intimacy), what happens after they discover the goods are not to their specs...

Old 05-24-2009, 01:50 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
Your post reveals a level of ignorance about human anatomy and biology that simply defies a reasoned response.
I struck a nerve?, now that I got your attention , I would also add It is foolish to suggest to a women that having unprotected sex with a circumcised male is safer than any alternative.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:53 PM
miu

You uncut guys are making me want to have sons, just so I can have them cut. I just don't see the downside to being cut.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I'll bet that you are big on other conspiracy theories too.
No theories, I posted my related real life experience with a hospital earlier in the thread, some 2nd or 3rd page, whatever.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:57 PM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
This thread makes me wonder about something... If some women have a strong preference about it (and those usually happen to be the ones who insist on a long period of getting to know each other before intimacy), what happens after they discover the goods are not to their specs...
I've spent most of my life in the Boston area. And considering the type of guys I date (well-educated, from middle class suburbia in New England), the chances are that they will be cut. And one boyfriend was Jewish. Another had a Jewish mother. My current boyfriend is Catholic with Irish and German roots though.

I suppose this thread makes me even more grateful not to be out there looking for a boyfriend right now. This and the current fad for Brazilian waxing. lol

Old 05-24-2009, 02:05 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
I was wondering about that too. I've never been intimate with anyone that was not circumcised, so it's really an unknown for me. And though I generally am not one to "do it" on the first date, I did exactly that with the man I married. If he had not been circumcised, I'm guessing it would not have made much difference at the time, but I really don't know.

Old 05-24-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Yeah, as so much time wasted on something imaginary/unimportant then it goes "Oh, well, can't write off all that times and emotions, I guess I am stuck with it..."

Old 05-24-2009, 02:19 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I was wondering about that too. I've never been intimate with anyone that was not circumcised, so it's really an unknown for me. And though I generally am not one to "do it" on the first date, I did exactly that with the man I married. If he had not been circumcised, I'm guessing it would not have made much difference at the time, but I really don't know.
Perhaps it's a first-date topic for some... What do I know?! But you're right, if you go mainstream, chances are they're cut. I've been reading, though, that it's not as popular in recent years as it used to be, so the younger generation could be up for surprises. Hmm, and those of you going for lambs as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaicheg View Post
Yeah, as so much time wasted on something imaginary/unimportant then it goes "Oh, well, can't write off all that times and emotions, I guess I am stuck with it..."
Hey, the way some operate... it might be the end of the road for him. Might work out the same when a push-up bra goes off and reveals the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships