Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 11:32 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I doubt we'll be doing much this summer. I usually stick to doing one "big" trip every other summer, and we went to Europe last August.
Good thing you have discipline! I'm thinking of going to some Mexican beach in the fall, but on the other hand I'd really love to go to Europe next year...On the third hand , I haven't been to a beach for about a year and a half... Whatever possessed me to hang that albatross (aka house) on my neck! Should've gone to Europe this year instead of wasting all this money on NOLA! Just can't forgive myself for this one! I hate being in Europe on an even year - if it's not the World Cup it's the European championship! Instead of music, all places blast soccer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 07:04 AM

27,345 posts, read 27,397,752 times
Wow, lucky for you, MNV! Wish I could have vacation plans for that long.
Im sure you will have a great time.
Pssst......some hotels have free internet and access as well. But then, who goes on a vacation just to sit in your room and do a forum, lol. We're gonna miss you, enjoy!

Old 05-18-2009, 09:30 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,453,396 times
School here to the end of June (June 26th), starts again in September. No huge plans for travel, but we live by the ocean so will be spending lots of time sampling beaches (some are shallow for kids, some are rugged, and some are with big waves with surfers). The ocean is cold-ish, like in Cape Cod, but warms up in late July - August.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:47 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Working on the house
Working on the yard
Anniversary Party for the ILs
Christening
Working on the house
Working on the yard
BLOCK ISLAND with the family for a week!!!!
Wedding in CT for a weekend
Working on the yard
Working on the house

See a trend here?

Old 05-18-2009, 12:24 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
We went to London, Paris, and Normandy. It was a surprise for my son and my nephew. Believe it or not, Normandy was their favorite - they were just awestruck. Me and two 15 year old boys in Europe...what a time we had.
I loved it all, but I want to go back to Paris!
Wow, I'm envious!

Old 05-18-2009, 12:28 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Good thing you have discipline! I'm thinking of going to some Mexican beach in the fall, but on the other hand I'd really love to go to Europe next year...On the third hand , I haven't been to a beach for about a year and a half... Whatever possessed me to hang that albatross (aka house) on my neck! Should've gone to Europe this year instead of wasting all this money on NOLA! Just can't forgive myself for this one! I hate being in Europe on an even year - if it's not the World Cup it's the European championship! Instead of music, all places blast soccer!
That's good to know.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:37 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,720,757 times
Other than work you mean? Well I'm currently in the middle of moving and my mother is getting married very soon! But once I'm all settled in the new place I plan to spend a lot of time this summer camping and hiking! There are a lot of mountains in the area I want to climb. There are also a few places in the somewhat-local area that I'd like to visit that I've never been to before.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:09 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Let's see...
The kids are at the in-laws for an entire week in June. While they're gone, we're gettin' nekkid.
A week at the lake.
A week at the beach.
Violin camp for my daughter.
Various day camps.

Other than that, no big trips this year. We thought about Canada, but the economy's still kind of dicey.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:04 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl78 View Post
Lots of traveling within South Dakota. Busy busy busy. Hopefully a chance to slow down enjoy some of the finer things in life. Mostly doing things for friends, some work related, family related. And American Cancer Society's Relay for Life Event. On the committee so that is also keeping my busy.
I just mailed my notes to neighbors for the ACS. I only have eight neighbors, so hopefully they all give

Old 05-18-2009, 06:05 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Quote:

I doubt we'll be doing much this summer. I usually stick to doing one "big" trip every other summer, and we went to Europe last August.
Well then I can count on you to stay here and keep CD in line?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships