Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2011, 09:35 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,439,119 times

Advertisements

OK , I have no idea !! I think you are crazy!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 09:48 PM

817 posts, read 811,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
There are a lot of fitness clubs almost exclusively for women. Curves, etc. Golds is 50-50 men v. women. I suppose there are some clubs in big urban areas where body building is the focus that are mostly male. But if you are in a club with a 30 to 1 ratio men to women, its a gay club, guaranteed.

I wouldn't put much stock in what I saw at a gay fitness club.
I go to YMCA and although the male to female ration is not as drastic as 30:1, I think it's mostly male for whatever reason, I would say the ration could be around say 10:1, I do find women mostly doing the cardio sessions and the step/cycle workouts, most men are into lifting weights as expected.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:52 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,480,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
I go to YMCA and although the male to female ration is not as drastic as 30:1, I think it's mostly male for whatever reason, I would say the ration could be around say 10:1, I do find women mostly doing the cardio sessions and the step/cycle workouts, most men are into lifting weights as expected.

We have three large YMCA'a here and two are family oriented and the workout area is about 50-50 which is the national average for large clubs and the other one is in a trendy part of town and is known as a gay favored spot and is probably 10 to 1 male to female. Our Golds and Urban Active are both 50-50 but at Golds it is split like you said with the guys on weights and machines and the gals on cardio and classes.

The Curves (we have three or four) do have a heftier crowd of females I would guess. At least they advertise like there are a lot of fat chicks there. But there are no straight clubs that have more men than women here.

Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Keeper; 03-18-2011 at 05:07 AM.. Reason: do not hijack the thread

Old 03-18-2011, 02:25 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
Until they come here, get the greencard and dump the man. It is like temporary prostitution for papers if you ask me.
Often the case. It happens with foreign men and American women also, but I'm sure the former is more prevalent.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:26 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Often the case. It happens with foreign men and American women also, but I'm sure the former is more prevalent.
I have not seen it happen with men though. I am a "foreign" woman, but immigrated to this country thru my education.

Poor women in my country would perform anything to get a ticket out of there... but I am (thanks God!) not one of them.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:55 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,181,198 times
I am sure there are many "gold digger" foreign women who are just out to snag a ticket to a better life and have no interest in the man.
But I am guessing that many more actually think they will find true love with their "white knight" only to find that they have nothing in common with a shallow guy who only wanted them to shut up, look good and wash socks...so they bail.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:01 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,181,198 times
It almost sounds like these guys are picking out a breed of dog. "Russians are loyal, Asians are subservient", etc.
These are WOMEN and that each one is different. Maybe if you viewed women as people and not pets you wouldn't have to go so far to find one to love you.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:10 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
It almost sounds like these guys are picking out a breed of dog. "Russians are loyal, Asians are subservient", etc.
These are WOMEN and that each one is different. Maybe if you viewed women as people and not pets you wouldn't have to go so far to find one to love you.
Only poor women would go away to a foreign country with a man they do not know, and honestly is not the pick of the litter.

Desperate women.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:34 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,996,369 times
Quote:
Only poor women would go away to a foreign country with a man they do not know, and honestly is not the pick of the litter.

Desperate women.
Right. But its what people do. The man is probably abusive or a control freak. So the women will eventually bail or she will be replaced.

I have seen some very good looking women from Russia, Ukraine come here. And they were not mail order brides. But regular people that an affluent American male picked. And once they have them here, after a couple of years together they break up. And he goes back to Russia, Ukraine to pick a younger one. Lots of these people don't have morals you would want to get to know. But it is what it is.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:38 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
I have not seen it happen with men though. I am a "foreign" woman, but immigrated to this country thru my education.

Poor women in my country would perform anything to get a ticket out of there... but I am (thanks God!) not one of them.
You've mentioned that enough times already. I don't quite see your own contribution to it. The dumb luck of being born into a wealthy family doesn't count.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships