Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 08:09 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,807,091 times

Advertisements

Here's another edition...

I have come to the realization that what I want simply is irrelevant. I'm focusing on relationships but this can apply to just about any other area of life. No matter what it is, no matter who I am interested in, no matter what plans I wish to carry out, no matter what my desires are, if it's something I want then there is no way it can happen. Women call all the shots when it comes to relationships. Every. Single. Time. No exceptions. I could be the most decent, kindest, gentlest, interesting, 'buff' - not that I care about that one very much, but I digress - educated, whatever guy there is and it doesn't make a damn bit of difference. None.

Here's another thing that is related - goals. I have also come to the realization that any goals I have that do NOT involve other people - such as getting into shape, losing weight, learning new things, etc. all things I have done, btw - are the only goals that can materialize. Howeever, any goals that involve others will not and cannot be realized such as getting a better job and relationships. Impossible.

And I have eleven solid years worth of proof to show for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 08:16 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,608,108 times
Oh, cry me a river, rabbit. Are you throwing yourself another pity party here? Its great that your goals revolve around things that only you can control, you wouldnt want it any other way. Being decent, kind, gentle or interesting wont get you very far in life, at least not in the way that you think it would. What you want is the most relevant thing there is. If its something you really want, you will find a way to get it and nothing or noone will stop you. True story.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:17 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,007,888 times
It's a funny thing when it's only happening to you, isn't it?

Old 07-24-2012, 08:18 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,042,475 times
Have you ever talked to a therapist?

Old 07-24-2012, 08:20 AM

27,580 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Here's another thing that is related - goals. I have also come to the realization that any goals I have that do NOT involve other people - such as getting into shape, losing weight, learning new things, etc. all things I have done, btw - are the only goals that can materialize. Howeever, any goals that involve others will not and cannot be realized such as getting a better job and relationships. Impossible.

And I have eleven solid years worth of proof to show for it.
Yup, these are wise words. Don't depend on other people for your own success.

If you want something (anything) done, then do it yourself. There is no better way and never has been.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Oh, cry me a river, rabbit. Are you throwing yourself another pity party here? Its great that your goals revolve around things that only you can control, you wouldnt want it any other way. Being decent, kind, gentle or interesting wont get you very far in life, at least not in the way that you think it would. What you want is the most relevant thing there is. If its something you really want, you will find a way to get it and nothing or noone will stop you. True story.
That's a lie.

You think that if I really wanted a relationship bad enough it can just happen? Are you serious? That is insane... that goal involves ANOTHER PERSON, yes, another person who does not want me! And all women, it seems, are 'other persons'. THEY are the people who are stopping me so your clicheed response has zero validity in my experience.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Yup, these are wise words. Don't depend on other people for your own success.

If you want something (anything) done, then do it yourself. There is no better way.
So how does one get a relationship then since it is dependent on another person?

Old 07-24-2012, 08:23 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,929,519 times
Ummm, read your posts objectively, as if you were reading someone else's.

Tell me, would you want you ?

Quote:
ANOTHER PERSON, yes, another person who does not want me!

Old 07-24-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
Ummm, read your posts objectively, as if you were reading someone else's.

Tell me, would you want you ?
Actually, yes. Interesting, educated, well-rounded, in shape, eats right, strong values, solid character... sure, no problem.

But we all know those things do not count, especially in this age. No way.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:25 AM

27,580 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Quote:
So how does one get a relationship then since it is dependent on another person?
Based on some of your other comments, I suggest broadening your horizons.

I can assure you there are women in this world who want to be in a relationship with you. Maybe in a different part of the country, maybe in another country, maybe of a different ethnicity. There's a world of opportunity out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships