Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2009, 11:50 AM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times

Advertisements

Could we please dispense with the unjustified pejorative context of the word dominant.
1 : rule, control <an empire that dominated the world>
2 : to exert the supreme determining or guiding influence on <the ambition that has dominated his life>
3 : to overlook from a superior elevation or command because of superior height or position <a hill that dominates the town>
4 a : to be predominant in <sugar maples dominate the forest> b : to have a commanding or preeminent place or position in <name

Show dominance over diction.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:57 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Okay, let me reword it.

The psychological need to have control or power over OTHER people is very immature.

The only person you need to have power over is your own self.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:31 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,014,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post

The only person you need to have power over is your own self.

I'd call that a little short-sighted. Sure, in a perfect world people would be more moral, more intelligent, more compassionate and understanding of unforeseen circumstances and mishaps.

In a perfect world.

However, at one point or another some degree of control is given over from us to another person IF we enter into ANY form of partnership.

If we enter into a partnership to hold a rope up off the wet ground, I'm trusting someone else to hold up their end of the bargain in order to keep OUR rope from getting wet. If they fail, then my half of the rope (running lengthwise down the middle) gets wet as well.

It's a simplistic scenario but it covers the notion.

ANY partnership calls for a degree of power and a degree of submission, and the line between those moves around all the time. Pretending one person has ALL the say or that one person need ONLY worry about themself is to deny the very nature of partnership.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:25 PM

You should be moving in the same direction, if you are not, then you're not truly in a partnership to begin with. Teams do not work if you move in opposite directions.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:02 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Having some inner need to dominate others isn't particularly mature at all.
Read the beginning of the discussion. Alpha males aren't that way because they feel a need to dominate. They are alpha males because OTHER PEOPLE want them to lead. They demonstrate through their character and attitude that they are good leaders who lead for the benefit of the follower and for the greater good, NEVER for selfish reasons. THAT is what an alpha male is. An alpha male is not bossy. Never. An alpha is a born leader. Someone who naturally has the ability to make other people WANT to follow them without feeling the pressure of someone telling them what to do. You don't want to follow someone who is bossy and overly dominant, do you? So an alpha male has to be the sort of man who makes you want to line up behind him, which means he can not be bossy.

This has been discussed and most of us agree that alpha does not equal bossy. That's why I said for you to read the first part of the thread.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:04 PM

And I said that people have looked to me for guidance--and I have NO desire to provide it. People need to learn to make their OWN way, instead of expecting someone else to tell them where to go and what to do.

No, I don't like ANYONE--even so-called alpha males--telling ME what to do. I do whatever I like.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:16 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,124,101 times
The answer to all this is women are not rational!!! Once you accept that fact women become so much easier to understand.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
The answer to all this is women are not rational!!! Once you accept that fact women become so much easier to understand.
Hi zz4guy,

Of course. They put all this crap on paper kind, intelligent, and *** *** ***. They will slur out when their mouth is full that they should not be eating this chocolate cake. After they swallow it, they will finish the sentence that they should not be with this bad boy....He lies. He cheats. He is scum. There 're in love. They stick to him like brown on a coffee drinkers dentures.
My solution? Save one by being a bad boy impostor. Save them from themselves. I may lose, but I'll be laying there with a pair of smoking empty colts.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:09 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,464,661 times
A true Alpha person, is that way by nature, not by design.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
A true Alpha person, is that way by nature, not by design.
Hi Thaskateguy,

You think Adolf came out of his mama making those gestures that put Germany under the seat of his pants? Raw chicken makes you sick. Cook it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships