Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 07:43 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,053,824 times

Advertisements

Name some double standards that make you raise an eyebrow or two when it comes to male and female relationships..

For instance, these are two that make me raise an eyebrow:

Why is it when a man has multiple sex partners, he's considered 'the man', 'a big pimp', whereas he's put up on a pedestal and admired for his actions, however when a woman has multiple sex partners, she's considered a ho...a real life Jezebel?

Why is it during 3-somes with a man and 2 women, its called just that...'a 3-some'...but when its a woman and 2 men, its called a GANG BANG or stated how a 'train' was ran on the female?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 07:48 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
LOL I saw a doozey on here earlier; Single men cherish their freedom and that's ok--ok, we can all agree on that, if that's what he wants, but if a woman is single too long, there's something wrong with her.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:52 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
LOL I saw a doozey on here earlier; Single men cherish their freedom and that's ok--ok, we can all agree on that, if that's what he wants, but if a woman is single too long, there's something wrong with her.
LOL...I thought of that one too.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:56 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,190,145 times
Quote:
Obviously, you missed a few threads.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:57 PM

Another one..

When a man and woman go out on a date, the woman usually always EXPECTS the man to treat, but if the man EXPECTS the woman to treat, pay half, or go dutch, the man is considered a loser, cheap or just flat out BROKE...........

Old 06-10-2009, 08:00 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
Another one..

When a man and woman go out on a date, the woman usually always EXPECTS the man to treat, but if the man EXPECTS the woman to treat, pay half, or go dutch, the man is considered a loser, cheap or just flat out BROKE...........
He is usually at least one of the three. That topic has been beaten to death too, but there is a good solution to that. When he offers to take you out to dinner, he should let you know you're paying the tab.....lol.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:01 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
Obviously, you missed a few threads.
Oh I'm sorry, were you the unfortunate author of that mess you quoted/I paraphrased? If so, you're the one missing something, say, a few threads short of a garment.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
He is usually at least one of the three. That topic has been beaten to death too, but there is a good solution to that. When he offers to take you out to dinner, he should let you know you're paying the tab.....lol.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:05 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,190,145 times
Quote:
Oh I'm sorry, were you the unfortunate author of that mess you quoted/I paraphrased? If so, you're the one missing something, say, a few threads short of a garment.
Yes! You caught me!

No idea what you're referring to, I am referring to more than a few that have stated if you haven't had sex as a man by whatever age, or "enough" partners at a given age, you have to be damaged as a male.

But I'll pass the few fries short of a happy meal back to you, you might be hungry still.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:07 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
Name some double standards that make you raise an eyebrow or two when it comes to male and female relationships..

For instance, these are two that make me raise an eyebrow:

Why is it when a man has multiple sex partners, he's considered 'the man', 'a big pimp', whereas he's put up on a pedestal and admired for his actions, however when a woman has multiple sex partners, she's considered a ho...a real life Jezebel?
We still have some residual instincts from the time when men had to spread their seed everywhere to ensure survival of the species and women were supposed to take care of the home.
Quote:
Why is it during 3-somes with a man and 2 women, its called just that...'a 3-some'...but when its a woman and 2 men, its called a GANG BANG or stated how a 'train' was ran on the female?
Because the woman is the one getting banged. I don't see how this is a double standard though. Just different terminology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships