Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2009, 01:54 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
But my question is "Why the huge increase recently?" what has caused and is causing there to be so many now on the prowl
Well, I don't necessarily fit the strict definition of cougar since I only range about 10-12 years younger than myself, and can only speak for myself but it's basically two factors. The first one is that it's the men a decade younger than me that are asking me out. The second is that not only are men my age not asking me out, but they couldn't keep up with me anyway.

So that's why for me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 07:49 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
Yeah guys over 40 were raised with some really stupid ideas when it comes to women's "place". They have a lot of self-serving, sexist ideas. Who wants to be bothered with some fool who expects to go out with his friends on the regular but wants you at home? Like a pet or an appliance?
LOL...in my group of friends it's their wives that are more like that than the guys.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:56 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I have a friend in her 40s who's always complaining that guys her age are out of shape. That's one reason she's not particularly excited about dating again. But I do think you'd still see a lot of cougars even if guys stayed in shape. For so many of these women, it's the ego boost that they're after, just like older guys who go after younger women.

I don't entirely agree with this. Seems like everywhere you look, there are images of men who are in great shape, sporting 6-packs and huge biceps. Now I know what it's like for women to be constantly bombarded with images of perfect-looking women and what it does to your self-esteem. But I hope you're right about the dating advantage that being in shape confers on men as they get older. I'm in my mid 30s and while I don't yet have the washboard abs, I do have the V-shape which I only recently learned women find attractive.
Oh, I AM right.
I lost 40lbs and my dating options were like night and day...not to mention getting hit on and flirted with.
Certainly, there are a wide range of women out there so there is no one absolute. Women are generally less visual than men so being in shape isn't critical but really...a lot of guys around 40 are just pretty unfit so if you are in shape you get bonus points from a lot of ladies.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:18 AM

4,896 posts, read 14,142,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Oh, I AM right.
I lost 40lbs and my dating options were like night and day...not to mention getting hit on and flirted with.
Certainly, there are a wide range of women out there so there is no one absolute. Women are generally less visual than men so being in shape isn't critical but really...a lot of guys around 40 are just pretty unfit so if you are in shape you get bonus points from a lot of ladies.
Right on MG! I'd prefer someone in my age range (38-50). I'm really not pursuing it all that much however, because I'm busy doing things with my friends; I always feel it's better to have introductions or meet through a similar interest. My bf keeps me busy the rest of the time.

Old 08-21-2009, 12:04 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,451,384 times
I like to hunt for young boys. So much enthusiasm without the emotional baggage. And they do like to please!

Old 08-23-2009, 06:45 PM

7 posts, read 10,607 times
Default Ill do my part!

Men run out or low on testosterone a lot sooner than the women run out of there panties. lol theses women that have been 20-30 or more years with the desires still and lying about it then i come along tehy make a few suggestive comments. and i say hey Im your man. The sex is incredible not to mention all the alms and praise you get from them. @ yrs ago one of the 74 yr ladies i was taking care of asked me if i would mind coming over that weekend for a little get together and asked if i would bring some of my stripper outfits so i agreed. I knew something was up. but she had been telling 8 of her mostly widow friends. and they wanted to see and meet me. then Mrs diana said Do you think u could mow there lawns too. i said everybody? she sadi well not right this second! she sadi but after you do your strip tease in a little bit do you think maybe 3 or 4? I never know what to expect from her. then she winked and said who knows u might surprise yourself.! She said they are gonna see if u can. Moderator cut: Not pG-13 now the youngest was probably 65 up to 78 and Church Ladies. but they were total freaks. the kept me going for hours and it was albeit tiring it is something imprinted in my brain ill never forget. not one detail! hope she finds us another group meeting !!! Im gonna bring backup from the gym.

So if these ladies have this much libido, and desire then while i got it i am gonna take care of as many as they want.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 08-24-2009 at 10:52 AM.. Reason: Please keep to PG-13 standards, thanks.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:22 AM

737 posts, read 1,649,199 times
Default Cougars

A cougar defined as a woman whom dates/sleeps with men 20 years younger then themselves.

How do you feel about them?

Personally I have a problem with male or female whom do this. And the larger the age difference the more disturbing it becomes.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:29 AM

600 posts, read 1,609,506 times
I think as long as it doesn't hurt anyone (noone is cheating on anyone, and noone is under 18), it's no big deal. Seems to be working for Demi and Ashton

Old 02-02-2010, 07:31 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
I think people should sleep with whomever they like. Sex is not such a big deal. Everyone does it.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:31 AM

1,960 posts, read 4,664,339 times
From the perspective of a younger man (late 20s) I think it's a great diversion and very fun. However, few would push forth to pursue a committed relationship with a cougar, which is more problematic for the cougar, as many of them are internally seeking relationship-redeeming qualities that they were not able to satisfy when they departed their previous relationship (the majority are largely recently-divorced or in distant open marriages).

But they are a great equalizer for the college crowd and new to the workforce males, particularly in light of the fact most 20 something women still suffer from "golden vagina syndrome", where they believe that the world is at their becking call by simple virtue of being under 30 and having a vagina. Cougars have in the last decade successfully entrenched themselves in the territory once cornered by 20 some women, and they don't like it. Remember, for 20 something men, sex is about mere release, once you afford these men that release there's no leverage for 20 something women. For that reason alone cougars are a great social equalizer. By the time the 30s roll along, women are in survivor mode, pouncing and impregnating themselves on the first disease-free male that hasn't been cornered yet, the inverse pyramid rule I call it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships