Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 11:48 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,739,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Did you feel the snake when it gave you the apple?
Only for a minute. Adam was off naming the beasts and I was bored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 11:54 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,804,087 times
I thought you meant he had a 7 foot boa as in "a really long accessory common to flapper girls in the roaring 20's." That would probably be a disqualifier.

About the snake, if you are having a real phobia maybe it would be a good idea to get some safe exposure eventually leading up to handling/feeding it.

This guy may change your life, I would be hesitant to write off that kind of adventure potential due to a fear of snakes.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:25 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,191,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
This guy may change your life, I would be hesitant to write off that kind of adventure potential due to a fear of snakes.
Afraid I'd have to. I love animal planet and I don't care how many Croc hunter episodes I've seen, I still can't stand 'em.

My loss depending I know, but that's the only thing irrational that would keep me from a potential good mate that I can think of offhand. Can NOT stand snakes. They take off from me, great, it sticks around it dies or I move.

Wouldn't blow her off, but be damned if I'd be able to sleep there. Unless I got a pet mongoose.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:28 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,902,057 times
This thread brings me visions of that Britney Spears video where she drapes the snake around her neck. If Britney can do it, maybe you can too. It's worth a laugh.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:31 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,994,056 times
Quote:
Met a nice guy who happens to have a 7ft boa,what to do?
Nothing. It's his snake, in his home, not bothering you.

If things work out for you two, will you be one of those kind of girls that would then demand he get rid of it?

Old 06-22-2009, 01:47 PM

1,988 posts, read 5,389,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpe View Post
Eresh....thanks this definitely makes me feel better. Actually,a friend of mine told me the same thing,that a snake like that knows he can not eat me......lol Guess,I just wanted to be sure.
You're welcome. Feel free to message me if you have any other questions.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:45 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,063,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpe View Post
I met a guy 5 weeks ago and we hit it off. He is very nice and smart.
We have developed a little friendship and I look forward to getting to know him better. Then last week, he invited me to his house to watch tv.
Before that we had met for dinner and worked out together. I had not been to his house yet. Anyway,I go stepping in the house and he has a 7ft boa constrictor snake. I stopped dead in my tracks. It was locked up but I just don't know. I hate to stop being his friend because he has an exotic pet. I did talk to him about it and told him I am afraid of snakes and he said he understood most people are afraid of snakes. He said it will stay locked up. I told him he can come to my house to hang out. What do you guys think of this?
I think you need to learn deal with your phobia. I like snakes and lizards, so it's not a problem for me. I actually have a bunch of parrots.

Start by doing some research to learn about boas. You might find that a lot of your fears are unfounded once you are armed with knowledge.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:26 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,462,648 times
I don't like the idea of having a 7-ft snake as a pet. What is that about? So he can keep it in his basement and feed it small animals? Have any of the children in the neighborhood gone missing? You have to be very careful when feeding those snakes as there have been reported deaths.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:41 PM

18,414 posts, read 19,053,577 times
I would have a hard time dating a man with snakes as a pet. first off I would have a hard time with any body who would find it easy to feed his snake live mice. that pretty much says it for me. not that mice are my thing but there has to be a coldness about someone that will feed live things to a pet for food. sorry. if he is a zoo keeper thats another thing all together. what does the snake do? to make it "pet like"? can it sit up? can ya take it for a walk? it does nothing but lay there, maybe move a bit. so it is pretty much for show. you shouldn't have to get over your phobia. he may well be a nice guy and interseting as long as you are comfortable I would do what feels good for you. I doubt I could be comfortable in a home with a huge snake either. he should know his choice of pet isn't for everyone and may one day come between him and a girl. how far is he willing to bend would be my next question

Old 06-22-2009, 07:45 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,221,103 times
Hey, at least it's not a feather boa! I'd be more concerned!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships