Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 07:47 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,052,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Hey, at least it's not a feather boa! I'd be more concerned!
I would too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 07:48 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,034,580 times
I'd say dont have a hisssss-y fit and get over your fear. Its a silly reason to get rid of a potentially great guy.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I would have a hard time dating a man with snakes as a pet. first off I would have a hard time with any body who would find it easy to feed his snake live mice. that pretty much says it for me. not that mice are my thing but there has to be a coldness about someone that will feed live things to a pet for food. sorry. if he is a zoo keeper thats another thing all together. what does the snake do? to make it "pet like"? can it sit up? can ya take it for a walk? it does nothing but lay there, maybe move a bit. so it is pretty much for show. you shouldn't have to get over your phobia. he may well be a nice guy and interseting as long as you are comfortable I would do what feels good for you. I doubt I could be comfortable in a home with a huge snake either. he should know his choice of pet isn't for everyone and may one day come between him and a girl. how far is he willing to bend would be my next question
If anybody ever gave me this ultimatum with regard to my pets (I have birds), I would, without hesitation, choose my pets.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:01 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,197,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
If anybody ever gave me this ultimatum with regard to my pets (I have birds), I would, without hesitation, choose my pets.
I've no doubts! And I can tell ya right now not too many people other than your hubby would put up with your birds! All of you Nazi non-smokers don't seem to realize what disgusting habits and pets you have!

I used to live in a zoo (literally; we're talking a good dozen or more, most of them repulsive; snakes included), but the birds were acquired after I left. Let's say I was shocked on my one visit after they moved in and God knows I was used to the pigsty.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:01 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,532,478 times
I got a 7 inch boa and no one has run away from it yet.......
come on, I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:03 PM

Wel, yeah, they can be messy. I have a pressure washer I clean the cage with once a week, and I change out the newspaper at the bottom daily. Also, they are in one of the garages. We converted it into a climate controlled "bird room". My house is always clean, and when I bring these guys in to hang out with us, I cover my sofa and surrounding floor with old sheets I no longer use.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Also, they are in one of the garages.
Oh, OK, that's a different story.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:05 PM

18,404 posts, read 19,040,350 times
Quote:
not many people dislike birds. they are "pet like" they sing and do silly things. again a snake just sits there and needs to eat live mice. many ladies might not mind the snake this one does. I too would pick my pet over a man, but then I have cuddly pets.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:06 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,465,558 times
i think is an ok guy but he has flaws.
i would not "settle".
of course most women i date are waiting for that proposal from george clooney so they dont wana "settle" either.
think beautiful think thin you are of course a 10
swimming in a sea of 4's.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
not many people dislike birds. they are "pet like" they sing and do silly things. again a snake just sits there and needs to eat live mice. many ladies might not mind the snake this one does. I too would pick my pet over a man, but then I have cuddly pets.
You should've seen the zoo I was talking about. Ironically, there were 2 types of mice - some were pets and some were snake food! The hypocrisy of it all! There's nothing more appetizing than looking at a mouse defrosting in your kitchen sink and the snake and the tarantulas on your kitchen counters! The fond memories...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships