Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 12:43 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,234,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
Where were you and why? Please elaborate...
I was in Tennessee... too boring, too hot, too much love for their churches down there.

oh and fake friendly.

never again!

ETA: a lot of people I met there used their "but I'm a Christian" excuse to backstab people. not cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 12:49 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
I was in Tennessee... too boring, too hot, too much love for their churches down there.

oh and fake friendly.

never again!

ETA: a lot of people I met there used their "but I'm a Christian" excuse to backstab people. not cool.
ugh. That's why I would hate living in The Bible Belt. Lots of Christians, but few who actually adhere to Christian values.

Old 07-11-2009, 05:15 AM

709 posts, read 1,767,467 times
The reason there are so many single women in New York City is because there are over 8 million people living there, so when you have that many people ofcourse there are going to be alot of fish in the sea that have not yet been taken.

It's a no brainer that a city like the NYC with a population of over 8 million are going to have alot more single women than a city like Pittsburgh for example which has less than 400,000 people. The bigger a city the bigger pool of single women to choose from.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:31 PM

328 posts, read 886,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
So I have an account with match.com and under the advice of Rachel Greenwald (author of find a Husband after 35-great book) I wanted to take a peek at women's profiles on that site. Decided to try different regions. It was interesting to note that the women in New York are very highly educated, successful, attractive and sophisticated, yet ALL of them had never been married and some were into their late 30s. Chicago women are about the same way. I think Yankee women really have a lot to offer. It seems like women in Georgia who have much less to offer (by comparison) get all the men. (I don't mean that Southern women have nothing to offer-they can sure cook and "flirt" good-I just mean that NY women were unsurpassed.) If you don't believe me, why is it that the average dumpy woman in a muu-muu at the supermarket in the "Southern world"-always has a wedding ring on? I feel bad for single women in big cities. How can they have so much to offer and be so unable to find a mate? They also check "definetely" and "someday" under "want kids?" Sad.
This post saddens me. It seems that women are most attractive to men when they are in their early twenties. Many career minded women are not interested in getting married and forgoe marriage. By the time their goals are achieved, they are in their 30s. The 30 something year old men want the girls in their twenties. It is unforntuate. I have accepted my alternative lifestyle. I see many women subjecting themselves to pretty uncool things in the name of love. I've been there. I rather be alone and have my self respect.

Old 07-16-2009, 03:33 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Answer: because they can.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:06 AM

1,126 posts, read 2,692,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
If I've said this once, I've said it a thousand times...the men around here don't want real relationships, they just want to fu**, and the women want more, so we're all at an impasse, as it were.

lots those women over there also want to fu** but don't dare to tell.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:59 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
The reason there are so many single women in New York City is because there are over 8 million people living there, so when you have that many people ofcourse there are going to be alot of fish in the sea that have not yet been taken.

It's a no brainer that a city like the NYC with a population of over 8 million are going to have alot more single women than a city like Pittsburgh for example which has less than 400,000 people. The bigger a city the bigger pool of single women to choose from.
someone said in another thread in the NYC forum, that there are 200,000 more women than men in NYC.

So that potentially explains it. Ultimately 200,000 women (maybe more) are going to be single forever. (Hi! That's me!)

Old 07-16-2009, 10:02 AM

71 posts, read 239,145 times
That post also saddens me... I'm not in NY but live near DC now and find it very difficult to meet men who 1) aren't players 2) have time to actually devote to a relationship 3) want a serious relationship. I'm 22, attractive, and have a great career so I can definitely relate.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:35 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_86 View Post
That post also saddens me... I'm not in NY but live near DC now and find it very difficult to meet men who 1) aren't players 2) have time to actually devote to a relationship 3) want a serious relationship. I'm 22, attractive, and have a great career so I can definitely relate.
That might have more to do with your age group than your location. Guys in their 20s rarely want a serious relationship.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:58 AM

966 posts, read 2,445,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Baby! That's why "Sex and the City"! Candace Bushnell's real life problems.

Seriously, there is such a high concentration of smart, highly-educated, looking-after-themselves women in major cities like NYC, Boston, Chicago - all the guys who are looking should go there.

And I'm speaking from experience. It took me removing myself from Boston, to finally meet someone.

So true. I've been in NYC for about thirteen years. Most men, and now a fair amount of women, have given up on long-term, intimate relationships. Thank God I travel. Now, I am finally in the process of moving. NYC is great city in many ways, but for me it's best for work, artistic endeavorss, and perpetual dating. I want more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships