Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2009, 11:09 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times

Advertisements

Weight...just a number, I guess. As long as you have muscle, and can get things done in life, does it really matter what you weigh? I like women that have chests, that have a little meat on their bones...but that doesn't mean that people who don't fit that have no value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 11:12 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,381,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Weight...just a number, I guess. As long as you have muscle, and can get things done in life, does it really matter what you weigh? I like women that have chests, that have a little meat on their bones...but that doesn't mean that people who don't fit that have no value.
You are right...and I never said fat people don't have value or aren't worthwhile human beings, a lot are, MOST probably are...and that goes for all people...but my point is...if someone really want to lose weight, medical-issue or not, they will. If they are not losing weight, they aren't working hard enough at it. Everything is possible.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:15 AM

Sure. But they shouldn't be made to feel that they must do so. It's a "choice". If they choose not to, there's no reason to shun them.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Sure. But they shouldn't be made to feel that they must do so. It's a "choice". If they choose not to, there's no reason to shun them.
yeha but if they choose not to, that is fine, but then I don't feel bad for them. If they refuse to do anything about it, they deserve to feel and look the way they do. I have more sympathy for those who try & fail then those who do not try at all.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:25 AM

Right, and if they feel happy with their weight, then no one should try to make them feel UNhappy about it.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Right, and if they feel happy with their weight, then no one should try to make them feel UNhappy about it.
granted...until they suffer health problems from it...and they will, it's unevitable. I think there is a small % of fat people who are actually "healthy". Most are probably not...and if the looks are not the concern, shouldn't one at least be concerned about his or her health?

Old 07-06-2009, 11:50 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
This thread hits really close to home for me.

I've dealt with the chronic illness of a spouse and it sucks. I also am at the age where I see people my parents age that can barely walk and people in their 40's that are having serious health-related illnesses like diabetes, heart attacks etc.

So, all things being equal I'm going to date the person that is more physically fit because I want a healthy partner, it's more attractive to me and I want to be active well into my retirement and have a partner with similar interests in an active lifestyle.

Let's not kid ourselves, all things being equal...a person that gets a decent amount of weekly exercise is going to look A LOT better than if they don't. I'm not super anal about this, I personally like a little extra meat, it's just that if the person isn't reasonably healthy and into exercise I'm just not compatible with them.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
This thread hits really close to home for me.

I've dealt with the chronic illness of a spouse and it sucks. I also am at the age where I see people my parents age that can barely walk and people in their 40's that are having serious health-related illnesses like diabetes, heart attacks etc.

So, all things being equal I'm going to date the person that is more physically fit because I want a healthy partner, it's more attractive to me and I want to be active well into my retirement and have a partner with similar interests in an active lifestyle.

Let's not kid ourselves, all things being equal...a person that gets a decent amount of weekly exercise is going to look A LOT better than if they don't. I'm not super anal about this, I personally like a little extra meat, it's just that if the person isn't reasonably healthy and into exercise I'm just not compatible with them.
This is exactly why I wont date someone fat. It's not me being shallow...it's me wanting my partner to be around and be healthy for a long time.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:19 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,643,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I feel the same way. Us men are too often accused of being shallow because we don't want someone who's overweight. Maybe it's PC to not judge by appearance and there's no question that many guys have unrealistic standards. But I want a partner who's healthy and takes care of herself. She doesn't have to be super lean or look like centerfold, just in reasonably good shape. Excess weight is unattractive not because of how it looks, but because what it says about the person. If I was seriously overweight, I would expect people to infer things about me from that.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:38 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,428,627 times
I think something some people don't realise is......all it takes is 40 mins a day. As well as eating/drinking healthy, its really not that difficult esp once u make it a routine in your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships