Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2009, 08:16 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,046,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJsMOM83 View Post
As you may or may not be able to tell from my profile pictures, I consider myself to be a chunky monkey. I also consider myself to be not ugly. And I am still single (just got out of a yr and a half relationship 2 months ago).
I am not 100% comfortable with my body and I am quite shy when it comes to being full on nakie (in the daytime especially).
Although I am not a health or fitness freak, I am fairly active.

I cant speak for the *fat, single* people, only for myself and I figured I'd give my two cents. The reason my fat ass is still single is because things just simpy did not work out (did not have anything to do with my weight). When I am ready to tackle on another relationship, will I try to lose weight to attract guys? No. A man should like me for who I am, not because I am skinny. Thank you and good night! )

Ummmm, you look GOOD! You are VERY pretty!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 08:25 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,046,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
IMO, All it takes to maintain a healthy weight is good diet and regular exercise. I'm so sick of hearing people make excuses for their behavior. We as a nation are lazy, soft and spoiled. We can't all be supermodels but nearly all of us can be healthy. IMO, 5'4" 200 Lbs. is not healthy and is not sexy.

You only get one body so you really need to take care of it. Work and family commitments can really take up your time but you simply have to find a few hours a week to get some exercise even if it's walking around the block after dinner. What could be more important than your health?

I find it funny listening to people cry about not having any time to cook healthy or work out while never missing American Idol, Gays Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Dancing With the Stars..... If you won't try I don't feel bad for you.

**Clap** **Clap**

And to add to this even the supermodels themselves are not "healthy" as many of them hardly eat and at night they forgo sleep to party and they many of them drugs.

I only know this because my former roommate is a model (Auditioned for Ford and hes on TV in Asia) and his sister is a well paid (200k+) model.

Old 07-11-2009, 09:29 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,698,570 times
Neither is 5'4" and 105.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:52 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,654,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Guys that are mid30's often are deeper into their careers, have kids (divorced etc) and lets face it...are older. Frankly, guys that age that are still placing fitness as a top priority might be good to look at but as far as a relationship? Thier priorities might be indicative of what gives when time runs short.
Speaking as a guy who's in his mid 30s, I sure hope this isn't how women view me. While my career is important to me, I've learned not to let it take over my life. If I had kids, they'd be my top priority. But since I don't and since I don't devote my life to my career, that affords me the time to make health and fitness a priority. I really try to avoid generalizing about entire age groups, although it is hard sometimes. But if women are looking at men over 30 and drawing a sweeping conclusion about what they're all like, then she has only herself to blame for not finding one she likes. Dating in general just requires picking through all the bad apples in the hopes of finding a good one.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:53 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,504,786 times
im single live alone started kaiser portion diet, lost 2 lbs.
bad news the portions are really small
good news i got 5 years of food in the frig.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:57 PM

647 posts, read 2,085,075 times
I think that most people make "fitness" way more complicated than it really has to be. It's not that difficult!

Old 07-12-2009, 03:11 PM

Some NWA flight attendants want to wear red dress - Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Some-NWA-flight-attendants-apf-1099900293.html?x=0&.v=3 - broken link)

Old 07-12-2009, 04:36 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,233,952 times
I think the only people with credible opinions on the more or less original topic can come from people over 40 at a minimum.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:41 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,402,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Neither is 5'4" and 105.
not true...

i'm 5'1 late-90ish lbs...would you say I'm "unhealthy"? I beg to differ...i eat food that is healthy and I work out, I sleep a lot, i drink minimally, I don't smoke or do drugs...i take care of myself

unhealthiness to me depends more on one's lifestyle then how they look

Old 07-12-2009, 06:52 PM

Too skinny. I associate that weight with people smoking crack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships