Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 12:08 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,836,062 times

Advertisements

I spoke with my house sitter this AM. It is clear and sunny. Most likely will hit 70. Has been nearly a week of rain...but now looking at a week of sunshine. My garden and strawberry patch are kickin you know what.

National Weather Service, Anchorage Forecast Office GOES Loop
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2007, 05:38 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,677,099 times
Rance, it's time for another update. Inquiring minds want to know . . .

Old 08-08-2007, 06:38 PM

When I hold her in my arms...it's a gift given to me...by heaven. Only 6 more days. 6 very long and miserable days.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:21 PM

27,347 posts, read 27,402,913 times
So, what Im gathering by this post, is that the men outnumber the women up there? And for the womnen that do go, what 'strings' come with that?

Old 08-09-2007, 01:02 AM

Yes we have a very poor ratio of available women to men. Especially in my area.
I'm not sure what you mean by women that go. You mean women that go to Alaska? Or women that leave Alaska? Strings? You mean like living in remote or rural areas? Long dark days through winter? Having to look out a window and see mountains everyday? Fishing like you will never see anywhere in the world? Gardens that grow world record vegies? Awesome northern lights? Bears and moose in the yard? Those kinds of strings?
Or are you talking fishing string? I highly recommend 30 lbs test...unless your going for halibut. Then your gonna want to go with 80 or 100 lbs test at least.
Some women love it. Some hate it. I'm just guessing here but I think more tend to dislike it or there would be more of them here.

Old 08-09-2007, 01:35 AM

1,677 posts, read 6,443,780 times
Maybe she is talking about how many guys she could theoretically string along at once while deciding on the best catch? I don't believe us men are allowed to know things of this nature.

Well if Rance's vision of Alaska isn't quite L_A_Woman's idea, there is always Anchorage, and Fairbanks, with Palmer, Wasilla seeming the place for people to move and commute to Anchorage. Anchorage has the bigger city feel, then Fairbanks has friendlier people like other smaller towns. I read your in construcion so thought I would give you a breif jobs outlook. Construction here has been booming for several years, though that may be slowing a bit, but hard working people always seem to be able to find work. Both Union and NonUnion. Women in the workforce are pretty common now. The job I am on right now has 3 with the General contractor, 2 with the Telecom crew, 1 with the sheetmetal crew and one of our two apprentices it a 4th year apprentice.

Take a vacation North and get a taste... then decide.

Old 08-09-2007, 04:19 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticthaw View Post
Maybe she is talking about how many guys she could theoretically string along at once while deciding on the best catch? I don't believe us men are allowed to know things of this nature.
nope you guys aren't allowed to know these inner secrets

It is in the "rules" we have to keep you guessing

Old 08-09-2007, 06:42 AM

27,347 posts, read 27,402,913 times
No I was simply guessing that men must outnumber the women up there and thats why he mentioned 'women going to AK'. As far as 'string's I was asking if he was saying that men up there were looking for people to commit to them or if they simply wanted 'playmates'...or even just some companionship.
I personally dont see a trip to AK anytime soon but, like few other posters, inquiring mind wanted to know'.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_A_Woman View Post
As far as 'string's I was asking if he was saying that men up there were looking for people to commit to them or if they simply wanted 'playmates'...or even just some companionship.
Yes...all of the above!

Old 08-10-2007, 02:41 AM

131 posts, read 377,041 times
Rance,

Good thing I saw the date of your first entry I was ready to pack my bags and visit you there hahaha. I always wanted to try fishing and live in cabins By the way I was too lazy to read all 42 pages -_- So Im guessing between page 1 and 42, you have a girl already haha.

Congratulations dear Give her lots of kisses for me. Stay sweet to your girl alright?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships