Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 04:06 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,894,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
You know it's over when:

1. When they avoid you and never call you again.

2. When they or you cheat.

3. When their personality or attitude changed strangely.

4. You don't do the things you used to do together anymore.

5. One of you start to work more than anything else (become a workaholic).

6. One of you wants to move, but the other one doesn't.

7. They or you don't find each other attractive anymore.

8. When other family members don't like them or don't like you.
In that order? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 05:20 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,643,401 times
^ I don't agree with #8 at all. Other input on my relationship is ignored. Between me and her only.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:17 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,531,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhugeliang1 View Post
It's amazing how everyone including the newspaper advice columnists keep throwing around this term of "being in love" like it means something. It doesn't mean anything at all because nobody bothers to define it.

So here we are, we have to define what "not being in love" entails.

Defining "being in love" is going to require a separate thread in itself.
So start one.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:32 PM

1,690 posts, read 3,616,454 times
You'll have to be the one to start one because I certainly know when a relationship is over. Not that I know when a relationship is going to go on and on and on.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:48 AM

65 posts, read 172,078 times
do you feel sad that a relationship is over? he seems feel that we are drifting apart..he starts to be even nicer to me ( he was very nice already)....i feel sorry and sad but I don't see a future with him...so painful..

Old 07-25-2009, 01:08 AM

1,359 posts, read 2,291,298 times
When i google her name and find out she is wanted in 11 states.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:37 AM

373 posts, read 256,838 times
You know it's over when all the little things you thought were cute about the other person suddenly become irritating...........

Old 07-25-2009, 02:43 PM

943 posts, read 2,280,056 times
for long term live-in relationship or marriage...

1. When you start having to lie, to keep the bills paid, like telling him that there is really only 40 bucks left in checking account, instead of the actual 400, because you are afraid of having to cover all the rent again.

2. When you see other women's husbands, and think about how nice they are and how you wished you had one like that. And wow he is employed and wears decent clothes.

3. When they think it is ok to slam brakes in middle of street just because of getting angry at another driver.

4. When they start looking "ugly" to you.

5. When you think to yourself "Their character is so poor"

6. When you do not do anything fun together anymore, and you perfer actually going out alone. When you grocery shop alone leaving them in the car.

7. When they "bore" you.

8. When you realize it's never going to get any better.

9. When you buy a Pay as You Go cell phone so you can talk privately outside of your apartment door.

10. When the dictates of your religion only make you feel guilty and you know its so bad, you are going to go against them anyway.

11. When sleep becomes an escape.

12. When you perfer the internet to their company.

13. When you wish they would leave, so you do not have to go through the work of leaving but you know they will never take the intiative.

14. When their farts smell so bad, you feel like you are going to faint... {ok lighthearted moment to end this list hehehehee, people notice less of this stuff when the rose of love is still in bloom}

{yes I know this is a LONG LIST}

Old 07-25-2009, 02:45 PM

943 posts, read 2,280,056 times
Quote:
When their personality or attitude changed strangely.
You too?

Yeah, that one is a DOOZY.

Old 07-26-2009, 04:27 PM

1,690 posts, read 3,616,454 times
Quote:
When their personality or attitude changed strangely.
Yeah and happened to me too. The guy I was with, he was great until he went "cold" on me. He even went to watch a movie with some guy in the next apartment instead of staying with me to chat. That wasn't like him before and that's when I knew it was over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships