Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2010, 12:00 AM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
How about an American woman who has Asian parents but who was adopted from China as a child, speaks no Chinese, and grew up surrounded by and dated only white people?

How about a white woman raised in Singapore, fluent in Chinese and English without any accents, daughter of wealthy US diplomats, who went to international boarding schools and received her bachelor's, master's, and doctorate degrees in the best schools in Asia?

How about a woman born in the United States to Korean, Japanese, or Chinese immigrants, who never learned her ancestral tongue and who is completely Americanized in outlook and customs and is Asian only genetically?

The proliferation of idiotic threads on CD is regrettable indeed.
LOL!! That about sums it right up....

Old 01-17-2010, 12:05 AM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Generally speaking, I'd take almost any foreign woman over an American woman.
Yea, I understand, American women generally know LESS about what's going on in the word, but at the same time, they want MORE of what all the world has to offer. I find that annoying.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:29 AM

53 posts, read 101,925 times
The difference between american or foreign that I reckognize the most is simple, Foreign women remain WHO they are while bringing to the relationship what they can where they can to make the relationship work. American women tend to think they have to change too much or aren't willing to change at all to make a relationship work, they are too concerned about their rights, what they WANT to do, and are generally too self centered and high maintenance. Also American women demand equal pay yet don't generally work hard enough physically to understand a man's physical and emotional needs. Equality begins with teamwork so both sides understand each other's goals and needs. The rational couples out there aren't in sexism battles and don't care about how they look to the world, they are devoted to each other FIRST because that is love, and what the rest of the world thinks should be completely unimportant.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:31 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
How about an American woman who has Asian parents but who was adopted from China as a child, speaks no Chinese, and grew up surrounded by and dated only white people?

How about a white woman raised in Singapore, fluent in Chinese and English without any accents, daughter of wealthy US diplomats, who went to international boarding schools and received her bachelor's, master's, and doctorate degrees in the best schools in Asia?

How about a woman born in the United States to Korean, Japanese, or Chinese immigrants, who never learned her ancestral tongue and who is completely Americanized in outlook and customs and is Asian only genetically?

The proliferation of idiotic threads on CD is regrettable indeed.
You're right. The guys who are the most vocal about wanting Asian women aren't really talking about an Oxford-educated financier from Hong Kong, they're talking about a Vietnamese peasant girl who can barely speak English and who would think that their $9/hour paycheck from Staples makes them a millionaire.

Old 01-17-2010, 12:30 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
You're right. The guys who are the most vocal about wanting Asian women aren't really talking about an Oxford-educated financier from Hong Kong, they're talking about a Vietnamese peasant girl who can barely speak English and who would think that their $9/hour paycheck from Staples makes them a millionaire.
Hi fleettiebelle,

And we all know how relevant lip service is. It takes thousands of dollars to actually commence with such relationship. Anyone making $9 an hour is not generally going to have himself a peasant girl. Women don't care about men who work at staples. They care about men who consider 15K to be chump change looking outside the US. Detroit autoworkers were seen bashing Toyota for the same reason. The rule of commerce : Competition is a sin.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:56 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi fleettiebelle,

And we all know how relevant lip service is. It takes thousands of dollars to actually commence with such relationship. Anyone making $9 an hour is not generally going to have himself a peasant girl. Women don't care about men who work at staples. They care about men who consider 15K to be chump change looking outside the US. Detroit autoworkers were seen bashing Toyota for the same reason. The rule of commerce : Competition is a sin.
That's true. Poor guys can't afford to look abroad.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:27 PM

525 posts, read 948,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Generally speaking, I'd take almost any foreign woman over an American woman.

me too..

Old 01-19-2010, 10:11 PM

61 posts, read 227,778 times
I only date Asian American/Asian Canadian women meaning they are Asian descent born in America/Canada and speak English without a FOB accent... I can have sex with a FOB but I can't have a relationship with one haha!

P.S. and I prefer East or Southeast Asians... not South Asians or Middle Easterners

Old 03-27-2012, 10:01 PM

541 posts, read 941,257 times
WOW! This is just asking for trouble! Who does your best friend love??? Is simple as that!
I am a Asian Woman.
Personally white men tend to stick to their own at the end of the day. It is easier for the white to be comfortable to bring the white women home to his parents for marriage.

White women are really hot in my opinion and are quite young.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:03 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenthinker View Post
I am trying to help my best friend to decide on this issue. Thank you.
There Asian American women too. I like both. Asians in general are more traditional and convervative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships