Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 03:09 PM

1,639 posts, read 5,100,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Sounds like you are giving up on yourself before you even start! There is nothing wrong with being smart but also allowing yourself to get silly every now and then.
Rep time! That is exactly what I was trying to tell her
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 03:12 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,327,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoslade223 View Post
Rep time! That is exactly what I was trying to tell her
Thanks!

Old 08-04-2009, 03:18 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,637,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
oh, well, I could have done the same, but I didn't want to look like a stupid woman (I wanted to put another word that starts with w, but it wouldn't let me).

I guess this is how I miss out on guys all the time, and they overlook me - because I don't want to come off as a stupid woman, and I guess in reality, a guy isn't worth me moving out of my comfort zone and competing with obnoxious women like that.
Eh, whatever, be yourself, be different, don't be another idiot. I hate the idea that because you're at a party or something you have to act like a total retard and just behave like a zoo animal. I want girls who can talk about interesting stuff, I HATE dancing, I refuse to engage in a useless expenditure of energy for no purpose whatsoever. I'd far rather talk about something interesting with a girl than just behave like a moron as most people seem to love doing so much. It's seriously pathetic.

You will find a guy who actually appreciates that you are not just another bimbo.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:15 PM

233 posts, read 827,564 times
Quote:
it's not that I care what OTHER people think, it's how I perceive MYSELF. and I don't want to feel like I compromised my pride/dignity by fawning all over some guy.

I think you did the right thing by not clawing at him. Girls like that are only good for flings, mostly. Men really don't respect women like that. Flirting doesn't have to be that way. To me, it's just being light hearted, having fun, having a sense of humor, and smiling at the guy, listening to him, and making him feel listened to, etc. It's also the way you take care to groom yourself to present to the world. Obviously, if you are looking for a good guy, then you wouldn't want to dress like or act like a whooohoohooo....but presentation is very important.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:36 PM

433 posts, read 876,207 times
I would be able to think just fine unless you had a gold nugget instead of an vagina between your legs.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:29 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllenOlenska View Post
So says my male friend. LOL. I always knew that looks are very important to a guy, but hearing it from a guy was refreshing and funny.
Ya know what, for some reason I'm slightly offended.. I don't think that..

wait, hot chick walking down the sidewalk...

Great set of..

er.. um.. what were we talking about again?

Old 08-04-2009, 10:36 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,428,627 times
Quote:
it's not that I care what OTHER people think, it's how I perceive MYSELF. and I don't want to feel like I compromised my pride/dignity by fawning all over some guy.
Maybe you are lesbian.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:38 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,299,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllenOlenska View Post
So says my male friend. LOL. I always knew that looks are very important to a guy, but hearing it from a guy was refreshing and funny.
Is that why guys stopped thinking? Hmmmm , this information might come in handy, will take note of it.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:26 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I could say the same thing about women..Both genders are mush in front of good looking people..
Young in the 1960's I had a 17 year old cousin who was a dead ringer for Ricky Nelson. Seriously, if you took 8 years off Nelson, put both of them in a room you couldn't tell who was who.

Almost embarrassed to say it but my cousin was gorgeous and I'm a guy with no well... I don't like guys.

Girls over to his house constantly, they wouldn't leave him alone and if he would enter a room full of young girls it was like flies to you know what.

That was his curse.

Like Ricky Nelson he died young but, unlike Ricky Nelson, he died poor. Like the Bumblebee he couldn't help but pollinate. Seven children later, by seven different women, all the money he made was going to child support and he was going bald losing all that hair that I would have sold my soul to the devil to have.

His looks were a curse. Instead of making something of himself he became what he was... a ladies man and really not all that cultured just good looking.

His end came stealing copper wire. He thought that electrical substation with 250,000 volts was decommissioned but it wasn't. He didn't even need to touch the wire just get close and it got him. Was really a sad end to a sad life.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:01 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,236,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Maybe you are lesbian.
um, NO.
if I was a lesbian these stupid guys wouldn't get to me so badly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships